All purpose ‘Going to Qatar’ thread

EJsens1

Hey, if anyone has been able to get in and buy tickets, it would be great if they could post what the availability is like.  I suspect I have 2 more hours of waiting which I will do if ticket availability is ok but if we are down to Costa Rica / Japan and Tunisia / Australia, I may just quit and save myself some time

3 hours ago, An Observer said:

In the q but process looks slow

Frustrating  isnt it?   I didnt think we would have go through this thing again. 

this is after 20 mins

image.png.c0207ac1df0cfd685797622ec29b76d1.png

This is after an hour:  - my patients is almost gone

image.png.7fc81d7538181411d66c50379e17eff4.png

This is now the two hour mark:

image.png.417876ea687a025c866f5f4f4a574998.png

Edited by Free kick

46 minutes ago, An Observer said:

Hey, if anyone has been able to get in and buy tickets, it would be great if they could post what the availability is like.  I suspect I have 2 more hours of waiting which I will do if ticket availability is ok but if we are down to Costa Rica / Japan and Tunisia / Australia, I may just quit and save myself some time

Yes.   I dont want tickets that badly to see the other games, if this means waiting more than two hours.  

Edited by Free kick

57 minutes ago, An Observer said:

Availability of Cat1 and Cat2 Group stage matches is quite high, excluding Argentina. Cat3 is now becoming limited - fewer than half of the group matches. Very little Cat3 for Round of 16, and the Arg R16 match is sold out. Otherwise, still seats for most R16 matches.

If you think you'll get in in the next 2-3 hours, I'd hang in. But not a lot of "bargains" left. I bought them all. lol

PM specific games and I'll check - I'm trolling for Argentina tickets that will never come available.

Edited by CanadianTraveller
PM offer

It took me seven hours but I finally got to the front of the queue. Sadly, NONE of the games I wanted were available. But it's the World Cup! I bought six more tickets anyway:

Nov 24 1:00p cat 3 - Switzerland vs. Cameroon (wanted Brazil vs. Serbia)

Nov 25 7:00p cat 1 - Netherlands vs. Ecuador (wanted Wales vs. Iran)

Nov 26 1:00p cat 2 - Tunisia vs. Australia (wanted Argentina vs. Mexico)

Nov 28  1:00p cat 3 - Cameroon vs. Serbia (wanted Brazil vs. Switzerland)

Nov 29 6:00p cat 2 - Netherlands vs. Qatar (wanted Wales vs England)

Nov 30 6:00p cat 3 - Australia vs. Denmark (wanted Tunisia vs. France)

So, not a bad selection and I'll be at a match on all of the nine full days that I'm in Qatar.  If anyone has a ticket to any of my "wanted" matches and would like to do a swap, please reach out!

And who knows, perhaps if I check back in from time to time I might find one of my preferred matches available. 

14 minutes ago, Free kick said:

oh crap  

the progress bar regressed 

I was a third of the way through.  then forgot to check back until 2 hours later,  now it shows here:

image.png.847914fcd342e4ad1f6bb1323b3e734f.png

Happened to many folks including me.  

19 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

We cant sit here and watch a screen for seven hours.  At 11 am it was at 1/3 of the way through.  I figured i wont be in for another 5 hours at least given the progress of the bar.  

Edited by Free kick

18 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Yeah I found there was a chance element on this phase as well. You could have been lucky and your queue moved quickly or unlucky like some of us.

The last one it took me roughly 2 hours...this phase was in the queue for 7 hours

On 7/4/2022 at 7:12 PM, An Observer said:

I am trying for some of these:
Brazil Serbia 24 Nov
England US 25 Nov
France Denmark 26 Nov
Brazil Serbia 28 Nov
Wales England 29 Nov
Poland Argentina 30 Nov

All of those are on dates we are not playing. 

It took me 4 hours in total but i got Brazil Serbia; France Denmark and then had to settle for France Tunisia.  The rest were sold out.  I kept trying Portugal Uruguay as it said tickets were available but it just wouldn’t work.  So finally packed it as had a meeting

42 minutes ago, Joe1973 said:

Yeah I found there was a chance element on this phase as well. You could have been lucky and your queue moved quickly or unlucky like some of us.

The last one it took me roughly 2 hours...this phase was in the queue for 7 hours

I’m like you, lots more waiting this time probably because the last one was a lottery and the first one was purely random with no known teams, people could go in anytime they wanted up to the deadline.  This time, it’s for real.  I’m now 8 1/2 hrs in and barely at 33%.  But I’m only looking for one game in addition to the ones I already have.  Won’t lose a second of sleep if I don’t get it.