All purpose ‘Going to Qatar’ thread

EJsens1

I'm all set for Qatar! Me and the wife got a room at Barwa Barahat Al Janoub for 740$ US for 6 nights, not too bad really. I did see on a Road to Qatar episode where a spokesman said that they didnt want any price gouging, so we'll see. 

A progress update type article from the NYT.

Still not finished building out things. No humans to be seen outside in the heat of the day. Air cooling systems at Ahmad Bin Ali Stadium for intercontinental playoffs dropped temps to 22. I have seen on some threads suggesting to bring a sweater since it was too cool. 

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/06/15/sports/soccer/qatar-world-cup-preparations.html?searchResultPosition=1

On 6/12/2022 at 5:59 PM, JayTfromNB said:

What type of cancellation are these places offering?  I have yet to pay for my tickets as 2 of my buddies just dropped out so I am trying to figure out what to do with those tickets to the Croatia and Morocco games. 

I had a bud cancel after we got notification of winning the ticket draw, I paid for the tickets as I wanted mine. I will either sell the 3 games when the portal from Fifa opens up, or find someone to take the tickets as I can change the name on the secondary person. 

4 hours ago, mrtoddcan said:

Which game are you selling?

Moving all of Canada’s group stage tickets to one person.

I just feel terrible because I “sold”/promised the tickets to a fellow voyageur and can’t do it officially now for him. 

Edited by EJsens1

5 hours ago, mrtoddcan said:

Why can’t FIFA just tell us when that next sales phase date will be so we don’t have to keep checking🙄

Probably because they don’t know themselves.  So many things seem to have not gone to plan.

1 hour ago, EJsens1 said:

Moving all of Canada’s group stage tickets to one person.

I just feel terrible because I “sold”/promised the tickets to a fellow voyageur and can’t do it officially now for him. 

I understand, feel bad for you

On 6/19/2022 at 6:52 PM, red card said:

It looks like June 28th as per certain FIFA fan leaders.

I dont know exactly why they have a process and schedule that is this rigid for ticket sale.  It might be related to the fact Aus and CRC just qualified so they might be giving a chance to Aussies and Americans to claim their tickets for the Aus and CRC matches at that WC before those games are sold to visitors supporting other teams

FIFA says 1.2 million tickets have been sold or 60% of the tickets available ex 1 million allocated to FIFA and sponsors.

Of the 3 Canada matches, only Morocco is listed as limited availability. Canada is one of 8 countries that has 2 group stage matches with plenty of availability.

https://fcfs-intl.fwc22.tickets.fifa.com/secure/selection/event/date/product/101397570845/lang/en

https://worldsoccertalk.com/2022/06/22/world-cup-officials-target-price-gouging-as-1-2m-tickets-sold/

22 hours ago, red card said:

FIFA says 1.2 million tickets have been sold or 60% of the tickets available ex 1 million allocated to FIFA and sponsors.

Of the 3 Canada matches, only Morocco is listed as limited availability. Canada is one of 8 countries that has 2 group stage matches with plenty of availability.

https://fcfs-intl.fwc22.tickets.fifa.com/secure/selection/event/date/product/101397570845/lang/en

https://worldsoccertalk.com/2022/06/22/world-cup-officials-target-price-gouging-as-1-2m-tickets-sold/

When I follow the first link, it only shows two matches with good availability, neither one involving Canada.  All the rest are limited availability.  Hopefully there will be a ticket exchange where we can pick up tickets, in addition to trying to buy the few tickets that are left for sale.

On 6/23/2022 at 2:19 PM, umpiredice said:

When I follow the first link, it only shows two matches with good availability, neither one involving Canada.  All the rest are limited availability.  Hopefully there will be a ticket exchange where we can pick up tickets, in addition to trying to buy the few tickets that are left for sale.

Aside from the matches involving Canada for which we have purchased advanced tickets,  I am still hoping that tickets can be purchased on the day of the game for all the other matches.   Just looking at the day after the Can-Bel game (below), i  still find it hard to believe that these would all sell out in advance.  "Limited Availability"  could mean a lot of things.

image.png.29b9978cc42a174d3966efe400f53b30.png

Edited by Free kick