All purpose ‘Going to Qatar’ thread

EJsens1

Hello everyone, I just joined this site and glad to see this big group. Looking to get added to the Whatsapp group. 

I am travelling alone to Qatar for the Bel and Cro games and would love to meet fellow Canadian fans! 

Some of the members of my group pulled out, so I have the following tickets available. As mentioned by @johnyb, I would rather sell to fellow Canadians rather than putting it on resale and sit beside rival fans 🙄 I will sell at Face Value as well before I put on resale.

Can v Bel: 3 tickets (Cat 2)

Can v Cro: 1 ticket (Cat 2)

On 10/17/2022 at 10:28 PM, Joe1973 said:

I assume somebody is bringing the TFC drum to Qatar? 

How do we get the CF Montreal bell to Qatar? We have to lobby Saputo on this...he's got 4 maybe 5 players heading there. I'm still buzzing from last night so dreaming big here. 

Imagine if you guys do this, I definitely would if I could fly to Qatar because we need all of you Canada fans to be raucous and as loud as possible 

3 hours ago, red card said:

Covid testing to go to Qatar as of Nov 1st has been dropped. Ehteraz app doesn't need to be downloaded either but probably still should just in case you need to enter a healthcare facility.

https://www.bnnbloomberg.ca/qatar-drops-covid-testing-requirements-ahead-of-world-cup-1.1837639

Yeah big relief to see that gone. I’m travelling Europe for 8-9 days before getting to Qatar, going to same games before the leagues shut down. It felt like it was trending this way that they would drop it closer to the tournament, so it’s great to see

Do any Canadian fans see a problem in supporting an oppressive Putin-supporting regime, that traffics human beings and exploits them as slave labour? Most recently also evicting them from the homes they've made in Qatar.

https://www.reuters.com/lifestyle/sports/exclusive-thousands-workers-evicted-qatars-capital-ahead-world-cup-2022-10-28/

Edited by Kimpero

Available - Nov 22-Dec 2

Fan Village Twin Cabin - Ras Bu Fontas

Accommodation no longer needed, looking to sell to someone else. Two beds in the room.

Will be in Doha Nov 22-Dec 2 (Staying with family who is in Doha for work) so I will also be in Doha during these dates.

I have contact to a lawyer whom you can google their firm and they can act as an intermediary etc if there are concerns prior to eTransfer. Or we can go through them / alternate suggestions.

Available as the entire room (preference), but I also have a guy from Montreal who would go 50/50 with someone as well.

Hey everyone, just a reminder but if you know people who still want to join the WhatsApp group, it would be great to get their phone numbers to me in the next week or so as I would like to take the pressure off the admins having to add loads of people once the World Cup starts. You/they can DM me on here

Edited by An Observer

12 hours ago, TGAA_Star said:

I wonder if any of you guys are already in Qatar or when exactly are you guys flying out

Argentina fans already getting ready for their victory.

Though, the Argentine government just banned 6k from attending for belonging to the ‘barras’, for participating in violent acts, for illicit associations such as ‘trapitos’ [banned street businesses], and for owing maintenance payments [from divorced parents]. 

https://nationalpost.com/pmn/news-pmn/soccer-nearly-6000-argentine-fans-banned-from-stadiums-at-qatar-world-cup

41 minutes ago, Rik_MTL said:

Hi. We are 3 flying from MTL

is there any Canada fans gathering/happy hour before Canada games, other than at the Canada house? Canada house seemed expensive but not clear what’s included for 250$…

7 drinks +food + Canada swag is included, given the price of alcohol in Qatar it’s likely not that bad of a deal.

17 hours ago, JamboAl said:

It’s come out that a 500 ml can of Budweiser at the fanzones and outside the stadium will be QAR 50 or about $19 each.  And that will be the only beer brand available 

What the exploited builders who built the stadiums make in a day, if they are the lucky ones who actually get their paycheck.

I hope all of you Canada fans are in the square in Qatar because my country of Ghana...our fans we flooded the streets of Qatar especially if you have seen photos of us on IG through ESPN FC we came in waves but I only hope Canada fans are already in Qatar flooding the streets