All purpose ‘Going to Qatar’ thread

EJsens1

3 hours ago, umpiredice said:

Doesn't look like anything doing this morning.  It's ten minutes to the rumoured opening time and the portal is still locked.

I can’t imagine FIFA will just flip a switch and just open the next ticketing phase. I’m sure there will be some notice

37 minutes ago, EJsens1 said:

I can’t imagine FIFA will just flip a switch and just open the next ticketing phase. I’m sure there will be some notice

I only came into this thread now after some time away.  Yeah, I think there will be sufficient notice from FIFA.  The late qualification of the last three teams meant they had to make allowances.  Also speculating that ticket sales were a bit different than expected.

14 hours ago, EJsens1 said:

Maybe.  But they do tell you to come back to the tickets site regularly to check.   So who knows.  

Edited by Free kick

1 hour ago, umpiredice said:

It's been announced.  The window is July 5 to August 16.  It opens on July 5 at noon Doha time, so 5:00a EDT / 2:00a PDT.  I guess we're all going to be tired at work on Tuesday morning.

May be an image of text

Thanks great info. Up early again it seems. 

3 hours ago, Free kick said:

The fact that Canada is among the countries that have purchased the most tickets should not be entirely surprising.  Even in some of past world cup finals, canadians were among the top six purchasers despite the fact that our NT was not there.  

It is a pleasant surprise as the previous top 10 country lists released by FIFA didn't have Canada on it. Aside from host Qatar & neighbour UAE, Canada is the smallest population country on the list.

Canada also wasn't on the top list for Russia or Brasil. Reuters article posted by ESPN left it out but FIFA release says this is only the top 10 list for the latest sales cycle. So, Canada will likely be out of the overall top 10 list again. 

Germany & Spain are also new to the list while the more passionate supporters from Mexico, Argentina & Brasil dropped out after satiating their desires way earlier than everyone else.

Edited by red card

11 hours ago, Free kick said:

The fact that Canada is among the countries that have purchased the most tickets should not be entirely surprising.  Even in some of past world cup finals, canadians were among the top six purchasers despite the fact that our NT was not there.  

Yeah, I was in South Africa 2010 & that was one of them👍

19 minutes ago, EJsens1 said:

I’m curious what other games people are hoping to get tickets to. I’d like to see the US-Wales game, plus maybe Denmark-France. There’s a bunch for sure but what games are people hoping to target on Tuesday?

Gonna try to get Argentina- Mexico, but will be tough due to high demand. England vs Wales and Brazil vs Serbia are the others. Maybe will get inspired by others lol

18 hours ago, EJsens1 said:

I’m curious what other games people are hoping to get tickets to. I’d like to see the US-Wales game, plus maybe Denmark-France. There’s a bunch for sure but what games are people hoping to target on Tuesday?

I want:

November 24 - Brazil vs. Serbia

November 25 - Wales vs. Iran

November 26 - Argentina vs. Mexico

November 28 - Brazil vs. Switzerland

November 29 - Wales vs. England

November 30 - Tunisia vs. France

I've always loved watching Brazil play and my ancestral roots are in Wales, so I'd love to get into a couple of matches featuring those countries.  But really, I'll take practically any ticket - I mean, come on man, it's the World Cup!  Some of my first choices will be tricky (i.e., Argentina vs. Mexico) but who knows, maybe I'll get lucky.  And perhaps as the tournament draws closer there will be a ticket exchange where people whose plans have changed can sell their tickets through FIFA.

57 minutes ago, umpiredice said:

I want:

November 24 - Brazil vs. Serbia

November 25 - Wales vs. Iran

November 26 - Argentina vs. Mexico

November 28 - Brazil vs. Switzerland

November 29 - Wales vs. England

November 30 - Tunisia vs. France

I've always loved watching Brazil play and my ancestral roots are in Wales, so I'd love to get into a couple of matches featuring those countries.  But really, I'll take practically any ticket - I mean, come on man, it's the World Cup!  Some of my first choices will be tricky (i.e., Argentina vs. Mexico) but who knows, maybe I'll get lucky.  And perhaps as the tournament draws closer there will be a ticket exchange where people whose plans have changed can sell their tickets through FIFA.

My understanding is that tickets have to be sold back to FIFA (with a minor penalty) and then people wanting tickets can buy off FIFA from there (i.e. no ticket exchange per se).  I may be wrong but that's what I understand from the Qatar FIFA ticketing website.

2 hours ago, Approve My Account Pls said:

Does anyone know how the process for transferring seats between friends works? For example if I am the primary on my tickets but need to swap out one friend for another, are there any restrictions anyone is aware of?

Shouldn’t be. You just go into the game you want to change and select the name of the person you want to change. You just edit the name, passport, dob, etc. I had no problems 

21 hours ago, EJsens1 said:

I would like to try Denmark vs France.  Or else Arg- Mex.   But i am worried that Arg-Mex, will sell fast and the game is in Lusail stadium.  That looks far and I am not sure if the metro goes up there.  

Other than the tickets for the Canada games (which I have already)I am not not picky about the opponents for the other games.  I will try for Uru-Kor or Por-Gha because know that that shouldn't have high demand and it allows me to see a different stadium.

Edited by Free kick

6 hours ago, Free kick said:

I would like to try Denmark vs France.  Or else Arg- Mex.   But i am worried that Arg-Mex, will sell fast and the game is in Lusail stadium.  That looks far and I am not sure if the metro goes up there. 

The northern end of the red line will have a short shuttle to Lusail. The furthest stadium is the one in Al-Khor which will likely have shuttles also from the northern end of the red line. Now if you are at that swanky Fan Village in Al-Khor (the one by the beach) it is about a 40-60 min march to that stadium (which will feature the England USA match). 

Edited by JasonDias

3 minutes ago, JasonDias said:

The northern end of the red line will have a short shuttle to Lusail. The furthest stadium is the one in Al-Khor which will likely have shuttles also from the northern end of the red line. Now if you are at that swanky Fan Village in Al-Khor (the one by the beach) it is about a 40-60 min march to that stadium (which will feature the England USA match). 

To add to my post. Never been to Qatar but it doesn't seem to be the most walkable city that being said they did introduce a mass transit system that locals have been raving about how easy it is to go from point a to b. How that system fairs with a visiting population 3x the country we will see. 

Edited by JasonDias

I dont like how the ticketing process makes me feel insecure. I got Canada vs Belgium and Croatia cat 2 tickets. I paid for them and yet I cant see til September? Like I cant see the transaction  (other than my credit card bill)....And now the email yesterday stating the sale and it says,

"You previously applied for but unfortunately did not receive Supporter and/or Conditional Supporter Tickets. In the new first-come, first served sales phase starting tomorrow, you will have another chance to secure tickets for matches played by your national team! "

Should I be worried? Anybody else get this?

43 minutes ago, Cadeau said:

I dont like how the ticketing process makes me feel insecure. I got Canada vs Belgium and Croatia cat 2 tickets. I paid for them and yet I cant see til September? Like I cant see the transaction  (other than my credit card bill)....And now the email yesterday stating the sale and it says,

"You previously applied for but unfortunately did not receive Supporter and/or Conditional Supporter Tickets. In the new first-come, first served sales phase starting tomorrow, you will have another chance to secure tickets for matches played by your national team! "

Should I be worried? Anybody else get this?

If your card was charged the full amount, then you should be ok.  But verify this once the sales phase is over though