All purpose ‘Going to Qatar’ thread

EJsens1

On 8/23/2022 at 8:10 AM, EJsens1 said:

Yeah they close access to your ticket account when there isn’t a sale happening. It’s perplexing. The next sales phase is late September. Pretty sure it will stay open from that point until the end of the tournament 

But then what if they assign the seats before then?   in which case it will be pointless to go in and update the group code.   

46 minutes ago, Free kick said:

But then what if they assign the seats before then?   in which case it will be pointless to go in and update the group code.   

Obviously don’t take this to the bank, but I suspect we won’t see the tickets issued until well in to October. It’s all digital anyway so they don’t need to rush there. My point is with another sales period starting the end of September, based on that, you’ll have time to group yourselves together. Hopefully I’m right 

3 hours ago, Free kick said:

From what I’ve been told, the actual seat assignments won’t even shop up on the ticket until you are within 5 km of the stadium on game day.  

It would be great if someone set up a WhatsApp group for Canadian fans going to Qatar (assuming there isn’t one already).  I can if people want me to but don’t want to do so if there is one already.  Also, would be happy to add other people as admins to that so more people can add people to that group

I am putting this here as well as I put it in another thread but thought it might be better here

Edited by An Observer

I logged into my account on the FIFA the ticket site today and it looks I've been assigned my seats for all of our matches. I've left out the seat and row but perhaps we can add Block/Section to the spreadsheet to see who is sitting where?

Canada vs Belgium: Block 119 (Cat 1)

Canada vs Croatia: Block 322 (Cat 1)

Canada vs Morocco: Block 135 (Cat 1)

Curious to find out where in the stadium these are located, I can't find a stadium map online.

Edited by ESG Shawn

19 hours ago, An Observer said:

It would be great if someone set up a WhatsApp group for Canadian fans going to Qatar (assuming there isn’t one already).  I can if people want me to but don’t want to do so if there is one already.  Also, would be happy to add other people as admins to that so more people can add people to that group

I am putting this here as well as I put it in another thread but thought it might be better here

Someone ask what is the purpose of the WhatsApp group?

for me, its mainly to connect when people are there.  I am not sure about everyone but am certainly not on CSN or Facebook all the time. With WhatsApp, you get messages popping up instantly so I think it’s a better method of communication when you are at an event. Plus it’s a closed loop so you are not putting up a lot of messages that the vast majority in CSN would not be interested in (eg. Heading to the fan village to watch Argentina-Mexico if anyone is interested, anyone want to meet after the Canada match for a beer, anyone know where a good gym is in Qatar, if you haven’t had a chance, check out the x bar in the old town. 

Anyway, that is the main purpose. 

I will probably set up on the weekend so direct message me if you want to be added with your phone number plus whether you want to be an admin to add others. 

2 hours ago, EJsens1 said:

I think the tickets we were assigned today were for people who got them through the supporters group. Is that what you have?

I didnt enter any code when I applied so yes,  its likely that they will not be supporters tickets.   But i did indicate that I was a Canada supporter.   

Thats why i wanted to update my profile with the code that we were provided here but i haven't been able to do so.  

21 hours ago, An Observer said:

Someone ask what is the purpose of the WhatsApp group?

Anyway, that is the main purpose. 

I will probably set up on the weekend so direct message me if you want to be added with your phone number plus whether you want to be an admin to add others. 

Great idea - DM sent!

On 9/5/2022 at 6:07 PM, Rvd54 said:

Hello, how do I acces my purchased game on the hayya app. Thanks

I noticed that when you try to access your tickets through the app, you are actually leaving the app and going to the FIFA tickets site.  So in reality,  the app is really just for the Hayya card.   And if you call the number provided through the app, they will have no knowledge of the tickets or tickets info and will just refer you to FIFA and give you FIFA's phone number for tickets.

Edited by Free kick

16 hours ago, Free kick said:

I noticed that when you try to access your tickets through the app, you are actually leaving the app and going to the FIFA tickets site.  So in reality,  the app is really just for the Hayya card.   And if you call the number provided through the app, they will have no knowledge of the tickets or tickets info and will just refer you to FIFA and give you FIFA's phone number for tickets.

On my Hayya app, theres a place where it says 'show your match tickets' and clicking it takes you to Google Play store and to the Lusail Super Cup app...So I take it, an app for the World Cup tickets will be available soon enough.