Valour FC - 2022 Season Thread

Big_M

4 hours ago, EnigMattic1 said:

I know there is currently 3 listed as "loaned out", Sirois and Giraldo being 2 of them. But what is the deal with players listed as "unavailable"? Do you know? I ask because it was common l knowledge that we also asked for Rea back again, but he is one of the few listed as "unavailable". 

CF have updated their roster, Giraldo and Yao are showing as Loaned Out, in the list above 7 are showing as unavailable now only Ferdinand is showing as unavailable.

46 minutes ago, K Edgar said:

19 on the roster now, one more goalie (Sirios on loan or trialist Roberts) makes 20.

Assume Rea on loan would leave 2 roster spots.... 3 trialist: Hidalgo, Tomy and Robinson.

I like Hidalgo, I guess there’s a question about his usport eligibility. Tomy is not a pro yet. Valour should stay a way from locals

I still think this team needs a little extra in the middle of the park to be competitive I would suspect the final three spots could be some further signings 

any idea what the new signing from Montreal’s academy ( I forget the name) is fairing. 

On 2/24/2022 at 8:24 AM, K Edgar said:

Someone tweeted yesterday that Valour FC has now resigned Brett Levis.  I have no knowledge if @ValourFury is a reliable source.  In another tweet he points out the Esparza does not appear to be in peak condition early in training camp.  They go say the camera adds 10 lbs?

FMT9V3kXwAYArXi?format=jpg&name=large

Can confirm that ValourFury is a reliable source. No fake news here. 

On 2/24/2022 at 8:50 AM, EnigMattic1 said:

My understanding is, and from what I've seen on various sites, Hidalgo-Mazzei can play left back, centre back and, if required, left wing back.

Didnt Levis play predominantly at left back? I know he is very versatile in terms of where he can play and I can, to an extent, see why PDS would be interested. 

https://youtu.be/f0bFE6URo5A

He can definitely play all 3 positions.

This past year however, U of Sask played with three at the back with Hidalgo taking the left side as evidenced on the above video link  

Edited by charlesmazz

7 hours ago, top cheese said:

I like Hidalgo, I guess there’s a question about his usport eligibility. Tomy is not a pro yet. Valour should stay a way from locals

I still think this team needs a little extra in the middle of the park to be competitive I would suspect the final three spots could be some further signings 

any idea what the new signing from Montreal’s academy ( I forget the name) is fairing. 

Although Hidalgo has been involved with the club in some capacity for all FOUR seasons it is unlikely he will get his chance this year. The club now has 3 left backs (Levis, Esparza, De Brienne) and 4 centre backs (Romeo, AJB, Mikhael, Cebara). It is unfortunate for him, since the club has consistently relied on international left backs and have been let down every year. Haven't seen much of Esparza, but judging from the photos, it is looking like this trend will continue. 

12 hours ago, K Edgar said:

Major respect to the guy. Did want to see him between the sticks at the IG Field this season, but fair play to him for opting to fight. 

While @ValourFury tweets:

Valour tidbits:
- don’t think they’re signing their draft picks.

- working on loaning Rea for another season.

- hearing also another potential signing from 23px-Flag_of_Colombia.svg.png

-----------------------------------------

Don't think the other South America loan/signings (Ascanio, Ponce) have made it to Wpg yet.

Edited by K Edgar

13 hours ago, narduch said:

Kinda weird to have to trial for a club you already played for 

From what I understand, it's not a trial as such. He is just training with them to get his fitness back up. However, Nash has also said that signing him could be a possibility. I can't see that happening as they have only got one roster slot available and still only have one keeper. 

13 hours ago, K Edgar said:

While @ValourFury tweets:

Valour tidbits:
- don’t think they’re signing their draft picks.

- working on loaning Rea for another season.

- hearing also another potential signing from 23px-Flag_of_Colombia.svg.png

-----------------------------------------

Don't think the other South America loan/signings (Ascanio, Ponce) have made it to Wpg yet.

Why draft them if you won’t sign them, Rea should dominate this year.