Valour FC - 2022 Season Thread

Big_M

55 minutes ago, EnigMattic1 said:

If Barker never made the trip, one would assume its Raine Lyn. Robinson, as you've pointed out, is potentially on the bench. 

Carlos is mentioned by name, so I would assume if it were Lyn he would be mentioned by name too.

York has tweeted Valour 1 - 0 York 😀 (goal by Levis)

Edited by K Edgar
added goal scorer

2 hours ago, EnigMattic1 said:

If Barker never made the trip, one would assume its Raine Lyn. Robinson, as you've pointed out, is potentially on the bench. 

From my understanding, Raine Lyn is no longer with the club, and Robinson is trialing elsewhere. Tomy and Hidalgo-Mazzei are 2 of the unnamed trialists. As for the other two, they are new and haven't been with the team until now. 

7 hours ago, ValourFury said:

From my understanding, Raine Lyn is no longer with the club, and Robinson is trialing elsewhere. Tomy and Hidalgo-Mazzei are 2 of the unnamed trialists. As for the other two, they are new and haven't been with the team until now. 

Shame. I wanted Lyn to stick around. I can't see one being the Columbian as Ponce and Ascanio haven't received clearance yet. 

6 minutes ago, K Edgar said:

Bench shot.  Any trialist (or half a trialist) in this shot?

Just looks to be Mikhael, Tomy, and who I believe to be Hidalgo.

The one player I didn't recognize is from this picture below, in which they tagged De Brienne but not number 5. Judging by number/position, he's assumedly another defender. #5 was worn by Bouka Moutou last season I believe.

image.png.2a04817ad51668ee3ad11b031583581a.png

17 minutes ago, Pottsy3 said:

Just looks to be Mikhael, Tomy, and who I believe to be Hidalgo.

The one player I didn't recognize is from this picture below, in which they tagged De Brienne but not number 5. Judging by number/position, he's assumedly another defender. #5 was worn by Bouka Moutou last season I believe.

image.png.2a04817ad51668ee3ad11b031583581a.png

That's the guy.  You can see half of his face on the extreme left of the shot of the bench.  Appears to add height to the team.

29 minutes ago, toontownman said:

Thought Skylar Thomas had returned for a second. I don't think it's him, although he and Jordan Murrell are free agents.. Edmonton time lol

Was my first instinct as well, but on further looking I don't think so. Also thought it could be Brandon John who I don't believe to be under contract with Atletico Ottawa for the upcoming season. Or maybe we've went the absolute wrong direction and this is an attacker like Dieu Merci Yuma who was similar hair/stature. Not confident in any of those.

No matches on recent WSA Winnipeg/FC Manitoba rosters either.

29 minutes ago, Pottsy3 said:

Was my first instinct as well, but on further looking I don't think so. Also thought it could be Brandon John who I don't believe to be under contract with Atletico Ottawa for the upcoming season. Or maybe we've went the absolute wrong direction and this is an attacker like Dieu Merci Yuma who was similar hair/stature. Not confident in any of those.

Did anyone else see the video of the first training session in Victoria? You never got to see who was coming out after Levis (the camera panned down to show their boots instead). 

3 hours ago, Pottsy3 said:

Taken from the video tweeted on Monday.  I believe these 2 do not fit the description of any of the current Valour FC players.  One on the right is the guy identified in an earlier post.

image.png.baec374598e18609af57c721fdea4250.png

1 hour ago, charlesmazz said:

Game against Vancouver Whitecaps II today. 

Our starting lineup for today's pre-season friendly against @wfc2

J. Sirois 
A. Baquero 
S. Cebara 
T. Mikhael 
B. Levis 
J. Carlos
M. De Brienne
S. Rea 
M. Dyer
M. Catavolo 

Bench: R. Yesli, R. Romeo, F. Peña, J. Esparza, Trialist 1, Trialist 2, Trialist 3, Trialist 4

39 minutes ago, K Edgar said:

J. Sirois 
A. Baquero 
S. Cebara 
T. Mikhael 
B. Levis 
J. Carlos
M. De Brienne
S. Rea 
M. Dyer
M. Catavolo 

Bench: R. Yesli, R. Romeo, F. Peña, J. Esparza, Trialist 1, Trialist 2, Trialist 3, Trialist 4

So, ignoring Carlos but accounting for Akio, AJB, Ohin, Ponce and Ascanio, that's 19 players. Meaning 4 roster slots are available (assuming I've not forgotten anyone?). 

24 minutes ago, EnigMattic1 said:

So, ignoring Carlos but accounting for Akio, AJB, Ohin, Ponce and Ascanio, that's 19 players. Meaning 4 roster slots are available (assuming I've not forgotten anyone?). 

...I think that is 18... Gutierrez, Fordyce, Riggi makes 21 

1 hour ago, K Edgar said:

J. Sirois 
A. Baquero 
S. Cebara 
T. Mikhael 
B. Levis 
J. Carlos
M. De Brienne
S. Rea 
M. Dyer
M. Catavolo 

1-0 Whitecaps at half