Canadian player soccer cards

dyslexic nam

48 minutes ago, Ruffian said:

So when does the Panani World Cup sticker book come out?

A guy I usually buy from is saying September.

He is listing them at $70 a box (50 packs of 5) and $3.5 for the album.

I did the Euro book last year and it was expensive too.

Here is his kijiji add:

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-art-collectibles/mississauga-peel-region/panini-fifa-world-cup-qatar-2022-sticker-album-pre-order/1602749396

If anyone has an inside on cheaper pricing please share.

I am probably going to collect 2 sets: 1 of the hard cover book and 1 with my son.

Edited by narduch

2 minutes ago, PastPros said:

Somewhat related... But does anyone collect Canadian soccer autographs?

Would you consider paying for autographs, if a private signing was setup with some of the players?

Just gauging interest at this point.

I am literally in the process of paying a guy to get a few cards signed for me so definitely something I would do if the price was right.  

1 hour ago, PastPros said:

Would you consider paying for autographs, if a private signing was setup with some of the players?

I’d be interested 

On 3/28/2022 at 2:00 PM, narduch said:

Here is his kijiji add:

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-art-collectibles/mississauga-peel-region/panini-fifa-world-cup-qatar-2022-sticker-album-pre-order/1602749396

I am probably going to collect 2 sets: 1 of the hard cover book and 1 with my son.

How many base stickers are there ?  I heard it's a lot more than the normal card set.  Is there any difference between Hard Cover and Soft Cover (hopefully it is the kind where you can actually slide the sticker into the pocket for hard cover rather than peeling it).  I am a newbie to sticker stuff.

Doesn't other card companies are also coming out with it ?  I do recall collecting it for USA World Cup 1994 from Upper Deck, and then they stopped it.  If they do, what card company do you recommend as I am only interested in base sets not all those parellels/inserts/autographs stuff ?  

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/12/2022 at 12:06 PM, Jedi Ram said:

How many base stickers are there ?  I heard it's a lot more than the normal card set.  Is there any difference between Hard Cover and Soft Cover (hopefully it is the kind where you can actually slide the sticker into the pocket for hard cover rather than peeling it).  I am a newbie to sticker stuff.

Doesn't other card companies are also coming out with it ?  I do recall collecting it for USA World Cup 1994 from Upper Deck, and then they stopped it.  If they do, what card company do you recommend as I am only interested in base sets not all those parellels/inserts/autographs stuff ?  

They usually have cards and stickers.

I only collect the stickers. Usually the full set is about 750 stickers.

It will probably take about $300-400 to complete the sticker set.

The hard cover book is just the same book, but with a hard cover. You still sick in the stickers.

Some people think its more valuable to not actually stick in the stickers. But in my opinion that is just stupid.

On 4/4/2022 at 4:04 PM, PastPros said:

I collect sports autographs. The only soccer one that I have is a John Terry signed England jersey. I would be in for that.  You may need some type of a system to mail out signed 8 x10s, balls, mini balls, etc... to people that can't travel to the signing. It would be too cost prohibitive for me to fly in unless the signing takes place in Winnipeg. 😁

2 hours ago, Bison44 said:

Whats the deal with Tim Hortons?  We get these shitty hockey cards every year...how about Timmys CAN WORLD CUP cards??  They sink a lot of money into Timbits kids soccer...why not the national team??  

I would think FIFA would have something to say about that, if you're branding it with "World Cup".  But a deal with the CSA for just the CMNT might work for them.

I got the hard copy panini fifa world cup 2018 book, it's worth it! I believe I paid $10 more, can't remember. Also if you have any friends or family from South America, you can get the stickers pretty cheap. For $200 complete set. How I did it, am from Peru and asked my dad to go to the street market were they were selling the stickers individually and not by the pack. The tricky part here is knowing some one that lives in south America and is ok going to a street market and checking every sticker for you. Again me and my dad are soccer nuts. Doing it again this year and can't wait to see what Canadian player gets stickers, I'll probably get two sets for each Canadian player. One to put on the book and one to frame.

Edited by Danielperu

On 3/28/2022 at 2:00 PM, narduch said:

Here is his kijiji add:

I just pre-ordered from krakencollectibles.ca (might be the same dealer?). $143.50 for one sticker book and 100 packs. Used code FREESHIPPING for free shipping. This feels like a silly amount of money for a sticker book, but the Italy 94 book is one of my all-time best childhood memories (whining to my mom to buy me a pack at the grocery store for 0.50 in Dutch guilders, which was like $0.25 at the time). So this is my gift to me and my son who is just getting into soccer, but let's be real, it's for me. I can't wait for all the duplicate stickers.

2 minutes ago, kohanz said:

I just pre-ordered from krakencollectibles.ca (might be the same dealer?). $143.50 for one sticker book and 100 packs. Used code FREESHIPPING for free shipping. This feels like a silly amount of money for a sticker book, but the Italy 94 book is one of my all-time best childhood memories (whining to my mom to buy me a pack at the grocery store for 0.50 in Dutch guilders, which was like $0.25 at the time). So this is my gift to me and my son who is just getting into soccer, but let's be real, it's for me. I can't wait for all the duplicate stickers.

The prices have really shot up. Its ridiculous 

13 hours ago, Rougeisthecolour said:

I collect sports autographs. The only soccer one that I have is a John Terry signed England jersey. I would be in for that.  You may need some type of a system to mail out signed 8 x10s, balls, mini balls, etc... to people that can't travel to the signing. It would be too cost prohibitive for me to fly in unless the signing takes place in Winnipeg. 😁

Yes, these would likely be private signings where people would mail-in their items.

22 hours ago, narduch said:

They usually have cards and stickers.

I only collect the stickers. Usually the full set is about 750 stickers.

It will probably take about $300-400 to complete the sticker set.

The hard cover book is just the same book, but with a hard cover. You still sick in the stickers.

Some people think its more valuable to not actually stick in the stickers. But in my opinion that is just stupid.

Thanks for the info...Didn't think it would be that expensive to complete the regular set.  Oh well.

• 1 month later...