Canadian player soccer cards

dyslexic nam

7 minutes ago, Ruffian said:

Anybody with a better Canadian Sorare lineup than this?

Screenshot_20210826_092628.png

Very nice.  That Tajon…

I could show you my Topps Kick “cards” but they aren’t as impressive as actual NFTs.  

Got a few nice actual cards lately though.   

Edited by dyslexic nam

1 minute ago, Ruffian said:

It is a fantasy game where you have to pay absurd amounts of money for the NFT card. But you win money.

Is it similar to like NBA top shot where you're playing the market, or do the values reflect performance, transfer value, etc.

Just now, Pottsy3 said:

Is it similar to like NBA top shot where you're playing the market, or do the values reflect performance, transfer value, etc.

Ye, it is more of a fantasy sports game than TopShot where you enter your squad in leagues and the leagues pay out if you reach the leagues payout conditions. The card prices change with performance and injuries based on users buying and selling. There is a limited amount of each card so sometimes the player you want isn't available.

They just released a new less rare set that is 1/1000 instead of 1/100 so the game is a bit better priced if you play those leagues.

2 hours ago, Pottsy3 said:

Dapper just signed with La Liga, it's going to be HUGE. Will likely have a run it back moment of some legendary messi and ronaldo moments. I'm super deep in NBA top shot, can't wait. It's unfortunate most of the other leagues committed to Sorare

• 1 month later...
23 minutes ago, dyslexic nam said:

Very nice.  I only have two graded cards and neither are PSA (both are Davies though).  

…and welcome to the dark side.  

I’ve been on the dark side for a long time collecting hockey, basketball and baseball just needed something new to blow $ on, 😂 

I found my set of USA World Cup 94 cards, did a little research and found that the Mia Hamm is quite valuable. I’ll be send that one in for grading at some point.

I’ve found several I’d like to purchase but as you mentioned in a previous post, eBay purchases from the US have ridiculous shipping costs.

Just now, Strait Red said:

I’ve been on the dark side for a long time collecting hockey, basketball and baseball just needed something new to blow $ on, 😂 

I found my set of USA World Cup 94 cards, did a little research and found that the Mia Hamm is quite valuable. I’ll be send that one in for grading at some point.

I’ve found several I’d like to purchase but as you mentioned in a previous post, eBay purchases from the US have ridiculous shipping costs.

Yeah, I have thought about using “Ship My Cards” to get them here but for the time being I have someone in the Us who will receive them and then send them off as a package.  Makes for a pretty awesome mail day when it all arrives.  

My collecting is super-niche.  It really does just focus on Canadian footy players.  Any other soccer I have is just trade bait for them.   

10 minutes ago, dyslexic nam said:

Yeah, I have thought about using “Ship My Cards” to get them here but for the time being I have someone in the Us who will receive them and then send them off as a package.  Makes for a pretty awesome mail day when it all arrives.  

My collecting is super-niche.  It really does just focus on Canadian footy players.  Any other soccer I have is just trade bait for them.   

that's awesome you have a hookup in the US. Think it was you that got me looking into a Tajon RC.  See attached. Definitely want to get it graded down the road.

tajon.jpeg

3 hours ago, dyslexic nam said:

This is the bundle I looked over pretty critically and have set aside for grading.  Have never made a submission before but these will be going on with some Pokemon and a couple of MtG cards.  Probably go through MNT Grading - it may not be PSA but it seems to have a decent reputation in Canada.  

A76261A1-FDC8-4847-BA28-0D3563AED5BE.jpeg

MNT is way behind right now, I submitted 4 cards to them thru my LCS in late March and haven’t got anything back yet.

KGS might be worth looking into, they have a good reputation as well and recently had a $150 for 10 cards deal. 

24 minutes ago, Strait Red said:

MNT is way behind right now, I submitted 4 cards to them thru my LCS in late March and haven’t got anything back yet.

KGS might be worth looking into, they have a good reputation as well and recently had a $150 for 10 cards deal. 

I have never hear of KGS.  Heard of KSA, SGC and a a few other “2nd tier” services, but not that one.  

5 hours ago, dyslexic nam said:

This is the bundle I looked over pretty critically and have set aside for grading.  Have never made a submission before but these will be going on with some Pokemon and a couple of MtG cards.  Probably go through MNT Grading - it may not be PSA but it seems to have a decent reputation in Canada.  

A76261A1-FDC8-4847-BA28-0D3563AED5BE.jpeg

I recently bought these, his two cards from the 2021-22 Panini Adrenalyn XL set that is sold in France. They are not very expensive, cost me about 5 euros shipped to Canada for them. He also had a card in the 2020-21 set too. 

image.thumb.png.8a22815a75d12f0789a575ea6e900e31.png

Slightly off topic and not that I have any cards worth grading but is sports card grading actually trustworthy? I'm asking because video game grading is a straight up scam right now, so much shady stuff is going down to drive up the price of old games which is unfortunate for the people who actually play them.

25 minutes ago, Bdog said:

Slightly off topic and not that I have any cards worth grading but is sports card grading actually trustworthy? I'm asking because video game grading is a straight up scam right now, so much shady stuff is going down to drive up the price of old games which is unfortunate for the people who actually play them.

Wonder how many people are rummaging through landfills looks for old Atari cartridges LOL 

23 minutes ago, Bdog said:

Card grading is huge.  There are some outfits that have no real reputation so they are only for personal collections just to get the slabbed.  But the main ones (PSA and BGS) have excellent reputations and are the gold standard.   

2 hours ago, Cblake said:

I recently bought these, his two cards from the 2021-22 Panini Adrenalyn XL set that is sold in France. They are not very expensive, cost me about 5 euros shipped to Canada for them. He also had a card in the 2020-21 set too. 

image.thumb.png.8a22815a75d12f0789a575ea6e900e31.png

Not every card has to be valuable to be cool.  One of the ones I picked up recently is a cheap Davies card, but I love it for obvious reasons.  

76EEB4FE-906F-4294-9DAC-9293E4CC8796.jpeg