Canadian player soccer cards

dyslexic nam

19 hours ago, shermanator said:

Picked up the first card of Alphonso Davies in a Canada shirt. 2021-22 Futera Unique World Football /50. Have a non-numbered card on the way as well.

20220608_110738.jpg

20220608_110747.jpg

Thanks for this.  Wasn’t aware of this card - will need to grab a copy.  

• 2 weeks later...
28 minutes ago, shermanator said:

A few new additions to the collection. Collecting MLS players gets expensive as most of the cards are sold from the US, and shipping turns a $3 card into a $20 card real quick. I'm finding collecting European players is actually cheaper...

20220617_075011.jpg

Yeah, US shipping can be a real pig.   Finding someone who will ship PWE “plain white envelope” to Canada ad lettermail can be a godsend.  

• 1 month later...
7 hours ago, narduch said:

I ordered the Canada cards off eBay.  Used one seller for combined shipping, and the overall price was pretty reasonable.  Of note, the cards for Miller and Johnston are their rookies since neither have MLS cards yet.  

5 hours ago, dyslexic nam said:

I ordered the Canada cards off eBay.  Used one seller for combined shipping, and the overall price was pretty reasonable.  Of note, the cards for Miller and Johnston are their rookies since neither have MLS cards yet.  

thanks for the heads up.. just ordered the Canada cards 

5 hours ago, dyslexic nam said:

Did that include the 'rare' ones too?

Just now, dyslexic nam said:

I honestly don’t know what the rare ones are for this set.  I grabbed one of each for the base - not sure if there are parallels for this set or not.  

One of the links I posted above had a checklist. I don't have time to look now but I think there are a Larin and Davies 'rare' cards.

3 minutes ago, dyslexic nam said:

Yeah these are cards, not stickers.   And since Canada was completely omitted (!) from the Donruss “Road to Qatar” set that came out months ago, these are the only Canadian WC cards that I know of at this point.   

I've pre-ordered the official Panini Sticker Book for Qatar and it will release in August. I expect it will contain all the teams. The "Road to the World Cup" feels like a total cash-grab.

I'm doing this for nostalgia, not really a collector. One of my fav memories was filling up my Italy '94 book.

https://www.krakencollectibles.ca/product/2022-panini-fifa-world-cup-qatar-sticker-album-pre-order-/655?cs=true&cst=custom

Each of the 32 teams participating in the tournament will be featured on its own spread of pages, where collectors can place the stickers of the team’s main players.

Releases on August 24.

Edited by kohanz

2 minutes ago, kohanz said:

I'm doing this for nostalgia, not really a collector. One of my fav memories was filling up my Italy '94 book.

https://www.krakencollectibles.ca/product/2022-panini-fifa-world-cup-qatar-sticker-album-pre-order-/655?cs=true&cst=custom

I am doing it for both.   Just plain cool to have but I also picked up two of each card that’s a rookie in the set (Miller and Johnston) and fully expect that many of the cards I have been grabbing will appreciate in the buildup to 2026.  

1 minute ago, dyslexic nam said:

I am doing it for both.   Just plain cool to have but I also picked up two of each card that’s a rookie in the set (Miller and Johnston) and fully expect that many of the cards I have been grabbing will appreciate in the buildup to 2026.  

I have zero faith that my 8-year-old (who I'm forcing this experience upon) will keep anything in "mint condition" for 4 years 😂

Just now, kohanz said:

I have zero faith that my 8-year-old (who I'm forcing this experience upon) will keep anything in "mint condition" for 4 years 😂

Fair enough.  All mine go immediately into penny sleeves and then into toploaders.  But I also the type of guy who strongly encouraged my kids to sleeve their expensive Pokémon cards.