Canadian player soccer cards

dyslexic nam

12 minutes ago, dyslexic nam said:

Yeah, I doubt it.  In fairness, he would probably be a depth guy like Tesho, who we used in the last window.  But he certainly didn’t rise to prominence the way some thought he would.  

I think when he retires he would be a good COLOR commentator for some sports station. (teal, get it?)😁😁

7 minutes ago, MtlMario said:

This reminded me of a sign in a soccer game that read "Alex is a legend Teal is a color". There was no harm intended in my trying to make a joke. Hope everyone understands. Sorry if it was misunderstood. Cheers.

Lol.  I wasn’t offended or anything.  I am just not a fan of puns.  To me they are all terrible by definition.  

Got a little trigger happy today lol with the real fvr drop pack buy this AM. 

I'm hoping they eventually release an Eustaquio NFT for the Portuguese league. Will load up for sure. 

I'm not really a big NBA fan but I was blessed to get in early with NBA topshot before packs would not even sell out in fall/winter 2020. Was life changing $ for me.  Hoping I can pull some beauty's out of these. 

Screenshot_2021-09-30-12-41-02-405.jpg

3 minutes ago, apbsmith said:

Got a little trigger happy today lol with the real fvr drop pack buy this AM. 

I'm hoping they eventually release an Eustaquio NFT for the Portuguese league. Will load up for sure. 

I'm not really a big NBA fan but I was blessed to get in early with NBA topshot before packs would not even sell out in fall/winter 2020. Was life changing $ for me.  Hoping I can pull some beauty's out of these. 

Screenshot_2021-09-30-12-41-02-405.jpg

It’s funny - Eustaquio is the one guy in our first team that still doesn’t have a card or sticker (at least that I can locate).  I am waiting for the chance to grab one…

I am not familiar with the NFTs you posted (and not very knowledgeable about them in general) but would be curious about any Canadian content you get.  

12 minutes ago, dyslexic nam said:

It’s funny - Eustaquio is the one guy in our first team that still doesn’t have a card or sticker (at least that I can locate).  I am waiting for the chance to grab one…

I am not familiar with the NFTs you posted (and not very knowledgeable about them in general) but would be curious about any Canadian content you get.  

I'm super impressed with your Canadian collection btw. 

Real fvr has rights to Portuguese league only. I'm hopeful that as the product expands Eustaquio will get one. 

Sorare has rights to most other leagues in Europe.

Dapper (same as NBA top shot), has rights to Laliga now, should be out next spring, will be huge. 

As of now the only Canadian NFT contingent are the ones on Sorare. I'll keep you posted if see any other digital Canadian collectibles. 

Its funny when you guys started talking about NFT and sports cards, the first thing I read was how NBA top shots were very profitable.  I we are prob the same age apbsmith, but kudos on getting in and making some cash.  I am still stuck in the wax pack (with rock hard gum)shoved in my back pocket era.  

10 minutes ago, Bison44 said:

Its funny when you guys started talking about NFT and sports cards, the first thing I read was how NBA top shots were very profitable.  I we are prob the same age apbsmith, but kudos on getting in and making some cash.  I am still stuck in the wax pack (with rock hard gum)shoved in my back pocket era.  

I am pretty similar and stick to physical cards.  I still don’t know enough about NFTs to spend actual money on them.  That is why I got the Topps Kick app - not real NFTs since it is a closed platform, but you can dabble in digital cards without spending anything.  And some of them actually can be worth a small amount of $ if you get something desirable. 

5F43F73C-FEAC-44B2-A957-96D261032440.png

95FBA20C-9166-4699-B41B-90701BF31556.png

13 minutes ago, Cblake said:

Very happy these arrived today from France. Looking forward to having Jonathan autograph them when Canada is in town for the third game of this window. 

No description available.

I definitely want to try to get some cards signed at some point.  I need to figure out strategies for doing that (sending to teams, waiting after games, etc.). 

On another note, I got this absolute friggin beauty in the mail today.  

A18C8471-741A-469B-89C1-F9093EB6B84B.jpeg

8 hours ago, dyslexic nam said:

I definitely want to try to get some cards signed at some point.  I need to figure out strategies for doing that (sending to teams, waiting after games, etc.). 

That it very cool card of Atiba, apparently he had a card also in that set from the previous year. Had you been looking for it for a while, had never heard of that set prior you posting a pic of it. 

9 hours ago, dyslexic nam said:

Jason De Vos 2001 Sunlight Soap Card Men's Team Canada Soccer !

Also recently picked up the Craig Forest and Jason De Vos cards from the 2001 Canada set that came with Sunlight laundry detergent. 

5 hours ago, Cblake said:

Jason De Vos 2001 Sunlight Soap Card Men's Team Canada Soccer !

Also recently picked up the Craig Forest and Jason De Vos cards from the 2001 Canada set that came with Sunlight laundry detergent. 

I have a couple from that set.  Pretty cool that we had that level of corporate interest.  Seems like an objective for the CSA.  

As for the Atiba card, I only heard of it recently.  I am still hopeful ng to get the earlier version, but this one was pretty cool.  

1 hour ago, dyslexic nam said:

I have a couple from that set.  Pretty cool that we had that level of corporate interest.  Seems like an objective for the CSA.  

As for the Atiba card, I only heard of it recently.  I am still hopeful ng to get the earlier version, but this one was pretty cool.  

That is a pretty cool Atiba card I must say, most of those older  domestic euro sets and cards are not the easiest things to find. Good find tracking one down. I always love finding those hard to find unique ones. 

Is this the best 5 card lineup for tomorrow's game with Larin injured, No card for Eustáquio and Davies way too expensive?

Screenshot_20211006_130406.png.48fcdb566e89d363ac239a6c997a2874.png

Need to start 1 GK, 1 D, 1 M, 1 F and 1 extra of any position. Scores are based on their performance using their own algorithm but comparable to some other online player ratings.

38 minutes ago, Ruffian said:

Is this the best 5 card lineup for tomorrow's game with Larin injured, No card for Eustáquio and Davies way too expensive?

Screenshot_20211006_130406.png.48fcdb566e89d363ac239a6c997a2874.png

Need to start 1 GK, 1 D, 1 M, 1 F and 1 extra of any position. Scores are based on their performance using their own algorithm but comparable to some other online player ratings.

I don’t know much about how that is played (I originally just though they were collectibles, with no game aspect to them) but those are some solid players.   

7 hours ago, dyslexic nam said:

I don’t know much about how that is played (I originally just though they were collectibles, with no game aspect to them) but those are some solid players.   

Here is another beauty of a card,  his rookie card from the 2020-21 Panini XL set that was sold in France.

Image 1 - Jonathan david top rookie panini #533 Canadian crack rookie

18 minutes ago, Cblake said:

Here is another beauty of a card,  his rookie card from the 2020-21 Panini XL set that was sold in France.

Image 1 - Jonathan david top rookie panini #533 Canadian crack rookie

I have that one too.  I focused on his Belgium stuff at first but that is his first actual card from a licensed producer AFAIK.  With Lille in the CL this year, I am hoping he gets a mainstream card from that series.  

1 minute ago, dyslexic nam said:

I have that one too.  I focused on his Belgium stuff at first but that is his first actual card from a licensed producer AFAIK.  With Lille in the CL this year, I am hoping he gets a mainstream card from that series.  

I am still amazed he does not have a big time card yet, especially with Topps. Man thought he was close but he goal was called off side. Is he Belgium stuff all stickers, I see he has one in a Canadian uniform too.