Canadian player soccer cards

dyslexic nam

I made things a bit easier.  I just ordered 10 of these Jonathan David Topps Now cards.  I will be keeping at least 4 or 5 for myself (or all of them…).  If anyone wants one or more of these cards, they can have them for 10% of my total cost once currency conversion factored in plus the cost of a stamped envelope and toploader - probably around $9 or $10 per card.  

A12CD732-5943-42D8-801B-A0B7704A771C.jpeg

1 hour ago, dyslexic nam said:

If anyone wants to go in on a few of these, it would be way cheaper to have them shipped here and then just mail them around in Canada via lettermail.   I will be getting a few for sure so happy to quarterback it if anyone wants to split costs.  

I’m interested.

3 minutes ago, dyslexic nam said:

I made things a bit easier.  I just ordered 10 of these Jonathan David Topps Now cards.  I will be keeping at least 4 or 5 for myself (or all of them…).  If anyone wants one or more of these cards, they can have them for 10% of my total cost once currency conversion factored in plus the cost of a stamped envelope and toploader - probably around $9 or $10 per card.  

Even better, I’ll take 2 if you’re selling.

Just now, Strait Red said:

I’m interested.

Just now, Strait Red said:

Even better, I’ll take 2 if you’re selling.

Sounds good.  Not making a profit - just selling at my cost to keep things reasonable and share the shipping cost.

I just confirmed that my Visa was charged a total of $80.54 CAD for the 10 cards shipped to me so it would be about $9.50 for a stamped envelope with toploader.  It can take a while for the Topps Now cards to arrive from the US (as @Watchmen can confirm) but they do get here eventually.  

6 minutes ago, dyslexic nam said:

Sounds good.  Not making a profit - just selling at my cost to keep things reasonable and share the shipping cost.

I just confirmed that my Visa was charged a total of $80.54 CAD for the 10 cards shipped to me so it would be about $9.50 for a stamped envelope with toploader.  It can take a while for the Topps Now cards to arrive from the US (as @Watchmen can confirm) but they do get here eventually.  

Cool. I can send you the $20 by EMT or PayPal, your choice.

pm me your details and I will send the $ whenever you want.

3 hours ago, dyslexic nam said:

Count me in for one of them. Let me know the cost when you work it out.

19 minutes ago, Ruffian said:

Count me in for one of them. Let me know the cost when you work it out.

$9.50 per card.  

10 minutes ago, theaub said:

I'm in as well if there's any left.

With you getting one each, that would be 6 gone and I plan to keep 4 so I think that is it.  PM me and I will send my info. 

1 hour ago, Watchmen said:

I've been thinking that the CPL should partner up with a card company to produce team sets some year. Do that as the season ticket holder freebie and make them available for sale as well.

That would be awesome.   I know of one unlicensed sticker producer that made a Forge set for their run in the CONCACAF League last year but shipping would have been crazy-high (like $50…) so I couldn’t justify it.  

But a small-run CPL set would be really cool.  

5 minutes ago, dyslexic nam said:

That would be awesome.   I know of one unlicensed sticker producer that made a Forge set for their run in the CONCACAF League last year but shipping would have been crazy-high (like $50…) so I couldn’t justify it.  

But a small-run CPL set would be really cool.  

Yeah, I remember get AAA baseball team sets and CHL cards back in the day which is what got me thinking about it. Bigger football leagues don't have seem to have card sets, so maybe the card companies aren't interested but it's something I think the CPL should at least look in to.

Edited by Watchmen

3 minutes ago, Watchmen said:

Yeah, I remember get AAA baseball team sets and CHL cards back in the day which is what got me thinking about it. Bigger football leagues don't have seem to have card sets, so maybe the card companies aren't interested but it's something I think the CPL should at least look in to.

There are definitely small-batch possibilities.  In a  FB group I heard about a local printing company making promo cards to be be given away at Tampa Bay Rowdies games so it is likely a matter of finding the right size (and probably local) printer to do an appropriately sized print run.  

9 minutes ago, dyslexic nam said:

There are definitely small-batch possibilities.  In a  FB group I heard about a local printing company making promo cards to be be given away at Tampa Bay Rowdies games so it is likely a matter of finding the right size (and probably local) printer to do an appropriately sized print run.  

Oh sure, you could definitely go "do it yourself" and that would still be fun. I'm just thinking trying to reach out to any of the actual companies first to see if there's any interest from them. 

4 minutes ago, Watchmen said:

Oh sure, you could definitely go "do it yourself" and that would still be fun. I'm just thinking trying to reach out to any of the actual companies first to see if there's any interest from them. 

Yeah, I didn’t mean a total DIY.  I just mean a real production that is scaled to the likely demand - which isn’t likely to be huge. 

On 11/4/2021 at 6:20 PM, dyslexic nam said:

Well they have added the RC logo to the card.

Topps UK - Canadian scores first UEFA Champions League goal in away win  - UCL TOPPS NOW® Card #66