Canadian player soccer cards

dyslexic nam

So I have talked about making a card post for a while now - but then I keep ordering more cards and thinking I will wait until they’ll get here.  Now I am realizing that they will never all get here, because I keep ordering more cards.  It is a vicious circle.  

So I thought I would just throw it out there to see if anyone else shares the interest/hobby - specifically with a focus on Canadian players.  

It started off with a simple $4 eBay purchase of a Jonathan David sticker.  It very quickly spiralled out of control and now some sort of intervention is probably warranted.  Let that be a warning to you.  

How it all started:

0654A67F-A702-4215-80E7-5D89321D0AC2.jpeg

Just now, DontPanic said:

Big card collector, lots of soccer but not specifically Canada themed. Although I do have..among others...

2001 Sunlight Soccer Canada #NNO Craig Forrest Front

1993 Upper Deck World Cup Preview English/Spanish #61 Paul Peschisolido Front

Nice Pesch card.  I have been looking over some of the older guys but have really been focusing on the young guns so far.  But when I initiate phase 2 of Operation Doghouse, this will be one of the things I focus on.  

5 minutes ago, Bison44 said:

Where is Jaimie Peters??  Bunbury??  How did I not invest in these back in the day?

For what it’s worth, I feel the same way about Davies and David.  I was obviously big fans of both of them before they made it huge and had a ton of other cards (mostly, um... Pokémon) and yet it never occurred to me to buy cards for these two Canadian kids I knew were going to go places.  I could have saved a lot of cash if I had a bit more foresight.  Dumb. 

Let us know something about the publishers of the cards, if you can.

I have been asked over the years to help source cards for collectors back in Canada, from the Panini collections of the Spanish league, or others. Now I guess folks have figured it out themselves and order directly.

And have done La Liga with my kid, doing full albums. But those are not cards, they are stickers for a book, in and of themselves they are not collection-worthy objects.

Very near where I am, at the Sant Antoni market where the booksellers appear on Sundays, the collectors of soccer cards appear on a street corner and trade, from kids to grandpas. I used to love going.

7 minutes ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

Let us know something about the publishers of the cards, if you can.

I have been asked over the years to help source cards for collectors back in Canada, from the Panini collections of the Spanish league, or others. Now I guess folks have figured it out themselves and order directly.

And have done La Liga with my kid, doing full albums. But those are not cards, they are stickers for a book, in and of themselves they are not collection-worthy objects.

Very near where I am, at the Sant Antoni market where the booksellers appear on Sundays, the collectors of soccer cards appear on a street corner and trade, from kids to grandpas. I used to love going.

Panini stickers are pretty popular - I have a few David and Davies stickers posted above - they are the smaller ones.  I also have 3 David Gent stickers coming including 2 of his 2018 rookies.  Some of the other Euro guys have pretty valuable stickers - Mbappe, Ronaldo, etc.  They also make the Prizm card series which are pretty massive - in a bunch of sports  

Topps is big in the US so the modern MLS stuff tends to go through them.  It used to be Upper Deck but Topps is pretty big.  Topps also made the Bowman cards that @Ruffian posted above   They were a fairly limited series in 2020 that you ordered “on demand” and were a really good set for young Canadian players.

And Davies’ Bayern rookie (and all of its variants) was made by Donruss.