The Importance of Alphonso Davies

jpg75

2 hours ago, pod818 said:

seems like Davies is playing on the wing in a more forward position, or has more freedom to make runs today

it'd be hilarious (in a sad sense) if Bayern finally starts to play him as a winger in the last few weeks of his stint with them.

11 hours ago, jdcyantsis said:

Not the official English account - says parody at the end of their bio.

The official accounts tweet -> 

Thanks, I know, I was reaching. 

Though if you put Kane in the search on Twitter, the derision is deafening. I appreciate a lot of it are Arsenal fans.

Even from Spain, Xabi Alonso brought in Borja Iglesias from Betis on loan, and for the last few months there is a running joke on how Borja Iglesias will have more trophies than Harry Kane. I think Spaniards also find it funny because Borja is a funny looking guy, not sure.

Borja Iglesias y su comparativa con Harry Kane tras salir del Real Betis

What a story for Leverkeusen. Hard for me to buy into the “but Bayer owns them so it’s nothing” angle- just seeing all their fans crowd the field like that and celebrate. That picture of Wirz scoring the late goal and waving to the fans to prevent them from storming the pitch looks like a renaissance painting.

They won’t, but but Bayern should just let Davies play winger to wrap the season out. Best shot they have to either convince him to stay or convince him he isn’t a winger. Wanted him to spend 20 years at Bayern and retire as one of the most decorated players of all time, but now that the streak is over, I’m ready for Madrid.

5 hours ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

Thanks, I know, I was reaching. 

Intellectual honesty is a virtuous quality to have.  We sure you were "reaching" typing out that it was their "official English account" or were you maybe just duped by a parody account.  Happens to the best of us, as seasoned as you may be in social media.  You SURE you were "reaching"???

Very even, well-played half of football, both teams are good. Not a lot of risks, but few mistakes. I'd like to see Bayern go through for Davies, given it's two teams I don't care for at all.

To the point: I don't think they miss Davies, Guerreiro can get forward, and in the setup he plays just fine. I mean, you are losing a LB you rarely use to your potential, get an injection of cash, can use it to help with other positions. 

Edited by Unnamed Trialist

13 minutes ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

Very even, well-played half of football, both teams are good. Not a lot of risks, but few mistakes. I'd like to see Bayern go through for Davies, given it's two teams I don't care for at all.

To the point: I don't think they miss Davies, Guerreiro can get forward, and in the setup he plays just fine. I mean, you are losing a LB you rarely use to your potential, get an injection of cash, can use it to help with other positions. 

Other than general Englishness, why don't you like Woolwich?

11 minutes ago, InglewoodJack said:

I generally don’t watch much Bayern when Davies isn’t playing, but how had Guerrero been so much more offensively potent than Davies this year? Just picked up an assist- his second champions league assist along with 3 goals this year. 

Then Saka is having the quietest day imaginable, and you'd be hard pressed to argue it's because Guerreiro is closing him down amazingly.

8 minutes ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

Then Saka is having the quietest day imaginable, and you'd be hard pressed to argue it's because Guerreiro is closing him down amazingly.

Hoping the score sticks and Madrid pulls ahead against city. Davies redemption arc vs Madrid in the semis would be insane. 

5 minutes ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

It was still England in the 1650s, from what I've heard.

Not sure what you are refering to, the Royalists ran away from there in the early 40's,  Prince Rupert (of the Rhine - he who demanded 30,000 pounds not to sack Leicester, continential style) took it back briefly but after the War generally went against them, it reverted back and remained Parliamentarian until the Restoration in 1660.

Military units aren't allowed to count their history back beyond those years, if they were on the Parliaments side, so I don't know where you stand on that. 

1 minute ago, WestHamCanadianinOxford said:

Not sure what you are refering to, the Royalists ran away from there in the early 40's,  Prince Rupert (of the Rhine - he who demanded 30,000 pounds not to sack Leicester, continential style) took it back briefly but after the War generally went against them, it reverted back and remained Parliamentarian until the Restoration in 1660.

Military units aren't allowed to count their history back beyond those years, if they were on the Parliaments side, so I don't know where you stand on that. 

Was just saying that England can be England without a monarchy to sing to.

How about this one: did the Germans have very bad aim when they bombed Liverpool to hell, or were they actually fighting another country ?

Just having fun. I really don't mind West Ham and am amused, as I probably mentioned here, that there are quite a few Hammers shirts around, I think tourists to London buy them. They are a kind of go to without having to support teams we hate. Or else that slight suggestion of Barça colours.