Canada vs New Zealand - March 24, 2018 - Friendly - PRE-match thread

Ansem

• Replies 476
  • Created
  • Last Reply

CANADA SQUAD
GK- Milan Borjan | SRB / FK Crvena Zvezda (Red Star Belgrade)
GK- Jayson Leutwiler | ENG / Blackburn Rovers
GK- Simon Thomas | NOR / FK Bodø/Glimt
CB- Derek Cornelius | SRB / FK Javor Ivanjica
CB- David Edgar | Unattached / sans club
CB- Dejan Jaković | USA / Los Angeles FC
CB- Manjrekar James | HUN / Vasas Budapest
FB- Samuel Adekugbe | NOR / Vålerenga Fotball
FB- Marcus Godinho | SCO / Heart of Midlothian FC
FB- Ashtone Morgan | CAN / Toronto FC
FB- Michael Petrasso | CAN / Impact de Montréal
M- Tesho Akindele | USA / FC Dallas
M- Scott Arfield | ENG / Burnley FC
M- Jay Chapman | CAN / Toronto FC
M- Raheem Edwards | CAN / Impact de Montréal
M- Atiba Hutchinson | TUR / Beşiktaş JK
M- Mark-Anthony Kaye | USA / Los Angeles FC
M- Liam Millar | ENG / Liverpool FC
M- Jonathan Osorio | CAN / Toronto FC
M- Samuel Piette | CAN / Impact de Montréal
F- Cyle Larin | TUR / Beşiktaş JK
F- Tosaint Ricketts | CAN / Toronto FC

1 minute ago, Obinna said:

Nice squad but wonder why no Cavallini?

Maybe that's the part that Hamilton fan referred to when he was talking about a lack of players from the Americas being called (Cordova also not called even though he's seen more playing time recently than some of the other fullbacks).

Nice to see Godinho and Cornelius called, surprised no Vitoria given that I thought it was reported here that he had been.

Edgar called despite being the only member of Unattached FC

3 minutes ago, gator said:

Probably asked to be left off due to his club's promotion push!

Although I didn't think they had a game on the 24th.....still I suppose if it allows us to fold Millar more into the camp in his stead then that is fine. Even Herdman should know what Hoilett brings to the team even though he's never used him before since he's never coached a men's game before.

Interesting that Dallas left Akindele go even with a game that day, although they haven't used him much yet this season.

2 minutes ago, Gian-Luca said:

Although I didn't think they had a game on the 24th.....still I suppose if it allows us to fold Millar more into the camp in his stead then that is fine. Even Herdman should know what Hoilett brings to the team even though he's never used him before since he's never coached a men's game before.

Interesting that Dallas left Akindele go even with a game that day, although they haven't used him much yet this season.

The Championship does not play during FIFA windows but I can't blame a player who is close to being promoted for maybe his last shot in the EPL not wanting to risk injury!

Can't get excited about this team anymore.... Whoever gets called gets called, the results will be the results. 

I don't suspect any changes to the way we play based on who was called. Sucks we can never see our best 23 , even though all are healthy. 

31 minutes ago, gator said:

More NA players than expected, only 2 forwards, great to see Godinho and Miller called!

Agreed. I am surprised at the number of MLSer who are getting minutes / fighting for minutes called..or agree to accept call (outside of the lads from Vancouver). Guys like Chapman, Morgan make sense.

Great to see Hutch!!!

10 minutes ago, Jahinho Guerro said:

It's also an indication that we'll be playing with 1 striker again. 

I am not surprised by this - IIRC with the women's team Herdman would have often Tancredi up top on her own with Sinclair playing slightly underneath her with a lot of speed on the wings. Mind you, I'm not sure who he's planning to play in the Sinclair role if that's what he's going with......

19 hours ago, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

The "week of" March 12th: http://www.thestar.com/sports/soccer/2018/02/26/john-herdman-working-mens-national-soccer-team-into-shape.html

So expect a roster in the afternoon of Friday March 16th and not before! :lol:

I was wrong!!

39 minutes ago, lazlo_80 said:

The roster on the Monday!

523840657530814464-Twitter.png

Archived