Whitecaps Off Season 2017-2018

TRM

• Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

I am confused, since BC Place announces their lower bowl MLS capacity at around 22,100, but they say they got over 24,000 for the  playoff game vs. Portland last season. How does that figure?

The lower bowl actually seats closer to 27,000 in the soccer configuration. The Whitecaps tarp off some of the seats at the top of certain sections to make their 22,100 capacity. For certain matches, they remove some tarps to increase attendance...like the playoff game. No way they open the upper bowl when they can't even completely fill the lower bowl.

7 hours ago, Gian-Luca said:

Mlssoccer.com reporting that Ousted has been traded to DC United for a draft pick

If so, I wish him all the best.  I don't think DC United play at BC Place this regular season so it's too bad the supporters won't be able to show their appreciation this year.

2 hours ago, saladroit said:

Juarez confirming that he's going to the Caps, and likening his move to Coutinho's move to Barcelona in that the Caps are a "big club".

Interesting characterization but I would say it's a good move. I was sort of hoping it was TFC he was being linked to. Would be nice competition for Hasler, but for Vancouver well done. Really gives the young right back some competition. Good signing, starting material. 

2 minutes ago, Obinna said:

Interesting characterization but I would say it's a good move. I was sort of hoping it was TFC he was being linked to. Would be nice competition for Hasler, but for Vancouver well done. Really gives the young right back some competition. Good signing, starting material. 

He did a stint with Celtic, so I'm guessing chief scout Park is familiar with him and thought he would be a good fit here.

On 2018-01-08 at 7:45 AM, GlassCity said:

He’s played the majority of his games at RB, and I highly doubt he’ll be playing DM for the Whitecaps.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/efrain-juarez/leistungsdatendetails/spieler/66130

After talking with some people, it looks like the intention is to play Juarez as a midfielder. Puzzling decision, given he hasn’t really played there in years. 

Archived