2018 Voyageurs Cup

16 minutes ago, ChrisinOrleans said:

Yeah, the V`s tend to be very SW Ontario oriented. 

En tout cas, I hope that Blainville puts on a good show and pulls through. 

This isn't expressly true.  I am organizing for the second leg, not because it's in Oakville. 

We have had really good supporters sections in Montreal. In fact for the WWC our best supporters section was in Montreal. 

Waiting for 4.3 version of the software to make the site multilingual.

If we had played a 20 national team games in Montreal over the last 8 years, we would have a larger presence there.  It's pretty hard to organize things when the games are years apart. 

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, admin said:

This isn't expressly true.  I am organizing for the second leg, not because it's in Oakville. 

We have had really good supporters sections in Montreal. In fact for the WWC our best supporters section was in Montreal. 

Waiting for 4.3 version of the software to make the site multilingual.

If we had played a 20 national team games in Montreal over the last 8 years, we would have a larger presence there.  It's pretty hard to organize things when the games are years apart

110% 

I have never heard of the V's until moving to Ottawa. 

On 11/01/2018 at 11:41 PM, dbailey62 said:

This is their facility. Field may be artificial but it looks soccer specific. Hard to tell if there are seats or lights. I might see light standards. 

IMG_20180111_232452.png

This isn't where they play. I think that this is the equestrian park from the looks of it, but their home pitch is further south (The pitch that is surrounded in blue in the linke below) You can see the lights and bleachers there. They can sell food and alcohol too. I think hte big problem would have been that change rooms that are way too small.

https://www.google.ca/maps/place/Blainville+Park+-+Soccer/@45.6587829,-73.8497121,192m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m12!1m6!3m5!1s0x4cc8d7d4880c70ad:0xf69dd268edfb9396!2sAssociation+de+soccer+de+Blainville!8m2!3d45.6831989!4d-73.8731493!3m4!1s0x0:0xd49df07c2d226068!8m2!3d45.6580581!4d-73.8488531

42 minutes ago, Blackdude said:

This isn't where they play. I think that this is the equestrian park from the looks of it, but their home pitch is further south (The pitch that is surrounded in blue in the linke below) You can see the lights and bleachers there. They can sell food and alcohol too. I think hte big problem would have been that change rooms that are way too small.

https://www.google.ca/maps/place/Blainville+Park+-+Soccer/@45.6587829,-73.8497121,192m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m12!1m6!3m5!1s0x4cc8d7d4880c70ad:0xf69dd268edfb9396!2sAssociation+de+soccer+de+Blainville!8m2!3d45.6831989!4d-73.8731493!3m4!1s0x0:0xd49df07c2d226068!8m2!3d45.6580581!4d-73.8488531

No, it seems to be the Blainville Soccer Association. Here's an older shot when their soccer pitch was being rebuilt.

Blainville.JPG

Just now, dbailey62 said:

No, it seems to be the Blainville Soccer Association. Here's an older shot when their soccer pitch was being rebuilt.

Blainville.JPG

I mean that is the hq of the club. They have played for the past 6 years in PLSQ at Parc Blainville except for their first game in PLSQ at Maurice-Tessier

• 4 weeks later...

March 9, 2018 League 1 Ontario All Stars 1  Ottawa Fury FC (USL)   6   

my game report at:  http://www.rocketrobinsoccerintoronto.com/reports18/18l1o010.htm  

From what I heard today it appears the Oakville Blue Devils home date which is scheduled for Wednesday night June 13, 2018 can't be held at Sheridan College because the stadium has no lights and was discussed as going to be played at Tim Horton's Field in Hamilton will now be played at Ontario Soccer Centre in Vaughan (a few streets north of Toronto city limits).    

• 2 weeks later...

Now TFC switches their home game against DC United to Wednesday June 13th (from Sat April 7th so they can recover between Club America games).  

Hmm.  Now means TFC fans can't go to the 2nd leg Canadian Championship game between Oakville Blue Devils and AS Blainville which from last I heard was being played at Ontario Soccer Centre.   OBD's home of Sheridan College doesn't have stadium lights. 

Chances were small, but TFC would face either of those teams as the winner plays Ottawa for a spot in the semis.  

2 hours ago, Rocket Robin said:

Now TFC switches their home game against DC United to Wednesday June 13th (from Sat April 7th so they can recover between Club America games).  

Hmm.  Now means TFC fans can't go to the 2nd leg Canadian Championship game between Oakville Blue Devils and AS Blainville which from last I heard was being played at Ontario Soccer Centre.   OBD's home of Sheridan College doesn't have stadium lights. 

Chances were small, but TFC would face either of those teams as the winner plays Ottawa for a spot in the semis.  

Luckily I am not a season ticket holder so I can go to the V Cup game, but that will no doubt hurt attendance unfortunately.

• 2 months later...

I'm a bit disappointed that Oakville couldn't win, but congrats to Blainville.

I'm much more disappointed that I wasn't able to make it to the game. The storm made it impossible. I left home later than I would have liked because the power was out at home (which happened earlier this year as well, that night I was going to a TFC game and left my wife alone with our 2 young kids and no power). Then trying to drive to the game I was thwarted by so many downed trees blocking roads. In the span of almost 40 minutes my GPS went from "30 minutes to destination" UP to "37 minutes to destination". The absolutely best case scenario at that point was to miss the entire first half, and the more realistic scenario was to make it for about 10 minutes of the game, so I turned back to help out at home.

I'm glad I was at least able to support the game financially by buying a ticket.

For those who got to see the game, how was it? Was there a big crowd? Might have been others that couldn't make it due to the storm.

Between the stream and the people in attendance it looked like about 1500 people maximum were interested in this game across the country for a match which was a direct preview of how the CPL will look on the field. It shows how much work will have to be done to push the CPL to a critical level of interest.

7 minutes ago, Dub Narcotic said:

Between the stream and the people in attendance it looked like about 1500 people maximum were interested in this game across the country for a match which was a direct preview of how the CPL will look on the field. It shows how much work will have to be done to push the CPL to a critical level of interest.

Agreed.  Considering the number of people who keep demanding a bigger and more open Cup, the numbers to support it still seem limited.

8 hours ago, Dub Narcotic said:

They only started selling tickets 2 days before the match. I wish I could have gone but couldn't and since I didn't buy my ticket early, I couldn't be sure that it wouldn't be selling out by the time I would arrive at the stadium. And I didn't want to go to Laval to be turned down. I'm sure I'm not the only one who might have done something like that. 

Archived