Adam Hemati

Vince193

Ryerson grad it seems and spent some time with TFC academy and Nice http://www.ryersonrams.ca/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=22300&ATCLID=209627162

2016-17 CIS record: The captain started 14 regular season games in his third season with Ryerson... His seven regular season goals placed him fourth on the team, his ten points third... Took 37 shots, 18 on goal... Set career highs in every major offensive category (goals, assists, points, shots and shots on goal)... Netted the game winner in a 4-0 victory over Trent on September 4th, 2016; fired a season-high six shots in that same contest... Led the Rams to a program-best regular season record of 14-1-1… Started each of the Rams three playoff games, recording four shots, one of target... Assisted Kyle Stewart’s goal in a 2-1 loss to the Toronto Varsity Blues in the OUA Bronze Medal match in early November 2016.

Edited by matty

The 24th place ranking is obviously too high and due to them have an undefeated run in their group in the recent World Cup qualification against decent but far from outstanding teams. So the current 24 is about double what their rank should really be but they are still definitely a good team. Persopolis is also the best team in the league and the current champions. That being said, he has made the game day squad in 3 of their 5 games this year but has yet to see the pitch. If he were to become a regular starter for the team he would definitely be worth calling up for a look. Interesting find.

18 hours ago, Grizzly said:

The 24th place ranking is obviously too high and due to them have an undefeated run in their group in the recent World Cup qualification against decent but far from outstanding teams. So the current 24 is about double what their rank should really be but they are still definitely a good team. Persopolis is also the best team in the league and the current champions. That being said, he has made the game day squad in 3 of their 5 games this year but has yet to see the pitch. If he were to become a regular starter for the team he would definitely be worth calling up for a look. Interesting find.

Yea 24 is a bit high, but it was just to illustrate a point. Like you said, Iran are no slouches having just qualified for their 6th World Cup, and are 3-time champions of Asia.

• 11 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Had his first start today in the Asian Champions League semi final and went 90 against Xavi (who also went 90) and Al Sadd in a 1-0 win. 

Crazy they gave him his first start there but they obviously trust him.. he scored his first pro goal two games ago as well.  If he can be a starter in the ACL Champions League at this stage it would be interesting to see him. 

Has anyone seen him play? His Wikipedia says he played CIS and with TFC Academy.  Yet another example of the type of player that could come through CPL.

Edited by Keegan

1 hour ago, Keegan said:

Had his first start today in the Asian Champions League semi final and went 90 against Xavi (who also went 90) and Al Sadd in a 1-0 win. 

Crazy they gave him his first start there but they obviously trust him.. he scored his first pro goal two games ago as well.  If he can be a starter in the ACL Champions League at this stage it would be interesting to see him. 

Has anyone seen him play? His Wikipedia says he played CIS and with TFC Academy.  Yet another example of the type of player that could come through CPL.

I doubt we'll see him in the CPL any time soon. The Tehran Derby (Esteghlal-Persepolis matches) draw 100,000 fan sellouts in one game. That's more than any two CPL teams will likely see in their entire season. I would imagine pay, as of right now, would be much better with Persepolis, and if he's starting to get good minutes, I can't see him wanting to come back for a start-up league with a salary cap of .5-1.5M.

Edit: unless, of course, you were referring to players that played in Canadian academies but ended up in a league elsewhere whereas if this league were present, they'd be here. Then yes I totally agree.

Edited by tyler453

3 hours ago, Keegan said:

his goal at 4:20 from a couple weeks ago.. worth a watch.

What a Goal! The level of Iran’s league seems good

Having been a former TFC Academy player, CIS standout with Ryerson and NCAA - University of South Carolina as well as a brief stint with Olimpique Nice B Side makes you believe this guy has potential, although his position Attacking Midfielder goes against his favor as well as playing in the biggest and most successful club of the league

I wonder if CPL would be good place for him

Although why would he leave since he’s playing in a stadium of 78,000 seats and atmosphere is unreal over there plus it’s his parents country 

Also wonder how safe it is over there, maybe coming back home will open more doors for him 

Edited by Thomas

On 10/2/2018 at 11:50 PM, shamrock said:

Dunno about CPL, seems a serious step back. He's playing Semifinals of the Champions League FFS. Would like to see him in a camp soon. 

You are right in all serious he is a rough in the diamond, a hidden gem really

Who would want to bring this guy in? For me he would certainly be on the radar as the pool of our best 30-35-40 players 

Edited by Thomas

He has played less than 200 minutes of professional football.. I’d say wait a bit.  You and others may not remember a guy named Joseph Dichiara who at 19 was getting time in the Russian Premier League, one of the top leagues in the world.. then just a few years later he was in L1O.

Its exciting for sure and curious that Persepolis signed him out of nowhere at 22.  As a right midfielder he’s going to have a heck of a time breaking into Canada though when you consider guys like Akindele, Wotherspoon, Edwards, Petrasso, Aird, Telfer etc can’t even get a call or minutes.  It would be ideal if we had a January camp he could come to because then he could probably get a cap.

1 hour ago, Keegan said:

He has played less than 200 minutes of professional football.. I’d say wait a bit.  You and others may not remember a guy named Joseph Dichiara who at 19 was getting time in the Russian Premier League, one of the top leagues in the world.. then just a few years later he was in L1O.

Its exciting for sure and curious that Persepolis signed him out of nowhere at 22.  As a right midfielder he’s going to have a heck of a time breaking into Canada though when you consider guys like Akindele, Wotherspoon, Edwards, Petrasso, Aird, Telfer etc can’t even get a call or minutes.  It would be ideal if we had a January camp he could come to because then he could probably get a cap.

I totally agree and I do remember Di Cichiara. He played in Kazachstan also. It's just that he plays at a high level IMO and it's always good to cap new talents. Or at least check him out up close. Being a right midfielder, maybe he can turn into our RB solution in the future?

54 minutes ago, shamrock said:

I totally agree and I do remember Di Cichiara. He played in Kazachstan also. It's just that he plays at a high level IMO and it's always good to cap new talents. Or at least check him out up close. Being a right midfielder, maybe he can turn into our RB solution in the future?

Perhaps but I have to be honest I watched extended highlights of the champions league semi and he was caught out of position a few times leading to chances.  They were being over run at times though so maybe it’s excusable and it didn’t show his defensive potential.

Compare him to a guy like Cordova, Wotherspoon or Petrasso who can play RB and also on the wing and that puts him at a disadvantage. 

3 hours ago, Keegan said:

I also recall he was brought into a MNT team camp and quickly found out, in a big way. There was apparently a lot of head shacking. Never been invited back.

Hmmm, coincidence?? Our board starts talking about him last september,  Zambrano reaches out to him last October....  Just goes to show that the work guys on the board and Canucks abroad do, can help the coaches.  Even in this age of information guys fall through the cracks.  

Edited by Bison44