CPL General

15 minutes ago, matty said:

Either a failed soccer businessman or a troll

Can clearly see why you all player hating, Footballer 50/50  investor/owner of Brampton stallions  of then Canadian  Soccer league. went on own a year later purchase rights to  operates Caribbean Selects in the Canadian Soccer league International Division:  

There after i developed a business plan for a Canadian national Soccer league , submit this plan to the Canadian Soccer Association, kevan Pipe  before his departure, resubmit another plan to CSA new president whom sanctioned the  Business plan Canadian premier League/ C-League  before his departure also. 

Futballer also acquired the services of Major league Soccer first  Commissioner to roll out the Business plan  as Mr. Logan would be the most experience soccer mind in North America capable of  creating the Impact that is needed .  

1 hour ago, Futballer said:

Can clearly see why you all player hating, Footballer 50/50  investor/owner of Brampton stallions  of then Canadian  Soccer league. went on own a year later purchase rights to  operates Caribbean Selects in the Canadian Soccer league International Division:  

There after i developed a business plan for a Canadian national Soccer league , submit this plan to the Canadian Soccer Association, kevan Pipe  before his departure, resubmit another plan to CSA new president whom sanctioned the  Business plan Canadian premier League/ C-League  before his departure also. 

Futballer also acquired the services of Major league Soccer first  Commissioner to roll out the Business plan  as Mr. Logan would be the most experience soccer mind in North America capable of  creating the Impact that is needed .  

Cryptic third-person references aside, is there a public/online confirmation of the role you have played (or claim to have played)?  I haven't followed the narrative, but I have seen you reference the idea that you have been deeply involved in conversations re CPL - or at least some iteration of something similar.  But I haven't seen anything that seems like proof of those claims.  Given people's capacity to exaggerate on the Internet, especially when anonymity is the norm, I think people's skepticism is understandable.  Can you provide anything that would confirm your claims or that you have played a role?  And I mean a real role (no offense, but anyone can draft so,etching they call a "business plan" and send it in the mail).

17 hours ago, Futballer said:

I love how soccer is so global that we all get labelled playa haters on a Canadian soccer forum for a league that has not yet kicked a ball.

Sir, have you considered taking your enthusiasm and entrepreneurial experience to League1 Ontario. There may be a number of opportunities there for those who prove themselves worthy, good luck.

5 hours ago, ironcub14 said:

I love how soccer is so global that we all get labelled playa haters on a Canadian soccer forum for a league that has not yet kicked a ball.

Sir, have you considered taking your enthusiasm and entrepreneurial experience to League1 Ontario. There may be a number of opportunities there for those who prove themselves worthy, good luck.

Here is enthusiasm, the moment you are able to accomplish  any of the task  that  i have  accomplished then you can  hold such conversation  with me. if you are only an errand boy then play your role. If you haven't  done what i have done, why would you wanna hate on some with my track record of contributing to the game of Semi-pro and Professional Soccer for the last 30 years . 

No ! wonder why it`s taking so long for other investors to  buy in to our Professional  League.  with so much disrespect to those who are actually financial  contributors to the game of Soccer in Canada, we have folks hiding behind there key board talking trash about  potential investors. 

22 minutes ago, Futballer said:

Here is enthusiasm, the moment you are able to accomplish  any of the task  that  i have  accomplished then you can  hold such conversation  with me. if you are only an errand boy then play your role. If you haven't  done what i have done, why would you wanna hate on some with my track record of contributing to the game of Semi-pro and Professional Soccer for the last 30 years . 

No ! wonder why it`s taking so long for other investors to  buy in to our Professional  League.  with so much disrespect to those who are actually financial  contributors to the game of Soccer in Canada, we have folks hiding behind there key board talking trash about  potential investors. 

I'm pretty public about who I am and you've come on here time and time again claiming to be a hardcore insider despite admitting your plan is not in use. Most of the information you claim is your's has been mentioned by guys like Rollins prior to your posts and other stuff like a 12 team launch appears to be outright wrong and the claims about Doug Logan as commissioner and the league being in black ASAP are too far out there. There's also the matter of you "leaking" info from a league which is quite secretive, if you are involved PB is aware you're leaking stuff so incredibly recklessly. This is why I labelled you a troll.

On 2017/10/09 at 11:31 PM, dyslexic nam said:

I was trying to be a bit generous in my treatment of his point, but yeah, that makes it an even worse idea.  I am just not sure how the idea of including (potentially disposable) MLS reserve sides in CPL could be seen as a good idea.  Maybe it does from their perspective in terms of providing a better market/league for them to provide them with stability, but the idea of using Canadian footy frastrucure to further strengthen an essentially US league is exactly what we are trying yo get away from.  We have aleady given them our top 3 markets - doubling down on MLS via CPL seems ill advised.

MLS isn't leaving Toronto, Vancouver and Montreal and will therefore de facto continue to be Canada's D1 and the main flagship for Canadian pro soccer on national media outlets. The CSA's deal with MLS late last year on dometic player rules and the Generation Adidas Canada program mean that many/most CMNT prospects will continue to be in the MLS pathway during their development. Given that backdrop it would be better for Canadian soccer to fully integrate CanPL into what is already established and operating given CanPL is the new kid on the block and has yet to prove it can sustain itself once the startup capital is spent. The Ottawa Fury type of affiliate model points the way to the possible compromise solution.

2 hours ago, BringBackTheBlizzard said:

MLS isn't leaving Toronto, Vancouver and Montreal and will therefore de facto continue to be Canada's D1 and the main flagship for Canadian pro soccer on national media outlets. The CSA's deal with MLS late last year on dometic player rules and the Generation Adidas Canada program mean that many/most CMNT prospects will continue to be in the MLS pathway during their development. Given that backdrop it would be better for Canadian soccer to fully integrate CanPL into what is already established and operating given CanPL is the new kid on the block and has yet to prove it can sustain itself once the startup capital is spent. The Ottawa Fury type of affiliate model points the way to the possible compromise solution.

or we could give CPL a chance before writing its obituary. If anything this round of qualifying proved, how much money you pour into a domestic league is truly irrelevant in the grand scheme of things. Countries with more modest leagues are able to produce players capable of taking their nation to the World Cup.It`s now about how much money you have but how efficiently you use it.That`s my hope for CPL.

MLS is it`s own thing (USSF D1 league with Canadian guests) but CPL will be it`s own thing (Canada`s D1 league) so this MLS vs.CPL thing got even more irrelevant when an USMNT who was heavy on MLS players performed so poorly against teams who have leagues not even close to MLS in terms of money.

Let us have our cake and eat it too. Let`s have the 3 MLS teams play Canadians here and there at the same time as CPL who will play Canadians. In retrospect, I like having my cake and eat it too

Edited by Ansem

Good to see the old arguments will live forever, kind of like Jason or Freddy lol

For the record the above statement is an attempt at humour and not in any means a statement trying to stifle discussion or speculation on this board :)

1 minute ago, Rheo said:

Good to see the old arguments will live forever, kind of like Jason or Freddy lol

For the record the above statement is an attempt at humour and not in any means a statement trying to stifle discussion or speculation on this board :)

Hey, I got reasonable with time

Are we really still on the farm team discussion? Pretty sure the first post I ever had on this site was a rebuttal to that

Anyway, one hint in this article about the quietness we've seen from stadium leaks could be that the it sounds like the BC group has a non-disclosure agreement with the city. The ownership groups have probably learned from the Halifax "leak" (and/or people noticing publicly available documents) 

http://theprovince.com/news/local-news/mystery-surrounds-proposal-to-build-surrey-outdoor-stadium/wcm/bfa480d4-01b9-4047-9558-8be8b3513bb1?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Edited by Complete Homer

1 hour ago, Complete Homer said:

Are we really still on the farm team discussion? Pretty sure the first post I ever had on this site was a rebuttal to that

Anyway, one hint in this article about the quietness we've seen from stadium leaks could be that the it sounds like the BC group has a non-disclosure agreement with the city. The ownership groups have probably learned from the Halifax "leak" (and/or people noticing publicly available documents) 

http://theprovince.com/news/local-news/mystery-surrounds-proposal-to-build-surrey-outdoor-stadium/wcm/bfa480d4-01b9-4047-9558-8be8b3513bb1?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Hope cooler heads did prevailed and that Surrey was preferred over Abbotsford

2 hours ago, Ansem said:

...Let us have our cake and eat it too. Let`s have the 3 MLS teams play Canadians here and there at the same time as CPL who will play Canadians ...

...and why not try to use that pragmatic approach to help stabilize three of the more marginal CanPL franchises by taking advantage of the need for a stepping stone between academy teams and MLS rosters and hooking into the development pathway that is still probably going to be attracting most of the best CMNT prospects that don't move or live overseas? I see a disconnect with reality in some of what is being said at the moment in a way that seems worringly familiar. Paul Beirne talking about promotion and relegation as if reaching 16 teams that can operate on a sustained basis is going to be a slam dunk is almost as wildly optimistic as expecting total football at TFC because Aaron Winter has just been brought in as coach (I realize that hire was probably more down to Tom Anselmi than Paul Beirne). It's about tapping into people's emotions in the short term to create a feel good factor rather than the reality of where things are likely to be at any time soon.

I can totally understand why TFC II is a non-starter for optics reasons, but it's not so obvious to me why an Ottawa Fury type scenario would be in any way problematic in "development league"  terms when the pecking order between the two leagues in financial terms will soon be obvious to all. A league with Saskatoon and Halifax teams isn't going to be operating on the same level as MLS and almost everybody watching the games are quickly going to grasp that. Early years of TFC type issues start to happen when the marketing boys make decisions that creep into the game day operations side of things. Aaron Winter was the bigger name that helped sell tickets in the short term, but Greg Vanney was the guy that was able to get the job done and getting the on field product right is the best long term sales strategy. MLS affiliations might be unpalatable now from a marketing standpoint, but by year three they could easily be the difference between hanging in there until the league gains significant traction or folding outright because a few markets didn't work out as initially hoped and investor interest elsewhere has cooled off considerably.

33 minutes ago, BringBackTheBlizzard said:

A league with Saskatoon and Halifax teams isn't going to be operating on the same level as MLS and almost everybody watching the games are quickly going to grasp that.

You're killing me man but my god you open your eyes. The USMNT got beat by nations that have domestic leagues operating with a fraction of what MLS invest as so many here say, "lower level" of play than MLS.

As for your second point, sure the big 3 cities (the few fans that watch the product anyways) will see it, but the rest of the nation will simply rally around their local club or ignore soccer altogether. You seriously think someone from Saskatoon will convert to TFC because of the difference of play? I seriously doubt that.

Lastly, it's their millions/billions. Can we let them spend it how they see fit? If they feel they don't need  the USSF, then let them.

Edited by Ansem

Yeah, I am out.

You either think that CPL should adopt a hard cap to its aspirations by bringing MLS farm teams in as founding members, or you think that whatever potential stability they offer isn't worth the downside of their participation in terms of what it says about the nature of the league itself.

For me, the pros and cons of those scenarios aren't even close.  

11 hours ago, dyslexic nam said:

Yeah, I am out.

You either think that CPL should adopt a hard cap to its aspirations by bringing MLS farm teams in as founding members, or you think that whatever potential stability they offer isn't worth the downside of their participation in terms of what it says about the nature of the league itself.

For me, the pros and cons of those scenarios aren't even close.  

I don't think it is as black and white as you're making it out to be. My thoughts are having the MLS farm teams as the founders of CPLII and keeping with Paul's Bundesliga comparison, second teams cannot be promoted to the first division. CPL wins because they have 3 financially backed teams stabilizing the 2nd division. MLS teams win because they can focus on development and not results because they can never be promoted, all while playing competitive matches because the other teams are vying for promotion.

just my $0.02