Friendly - Colombia vs. Canada - October 14, 2014 - PRE-match [no R]

jonny63

I will argue that if anyone from the NASL should be given a look in this game it should be Boakai. He has already trained in Germany and will most likely be going there once he turns 18. Might as well give him a few minutes against a top team, see what he can do at 17.

Edward could be argued as well. 

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think playing for Canada against Colombia would do a little more for your career than the Uruguayan league.  Why wouldn't he want to accept a call to play under Floro who could obviously help his career?

Obviously he's spooked by the 8-1 match.  But he's had some great moments for the youth teams so it's a shame.  Typical guy trying to distance himself from the result like a coward or other reasons?  Maybe he had a kid or got married.

I think playing for Canada against Colombia would do a little more for your career than the Uruguayan league.  Why wouldn't he want to accept a call to play under Floro who could obviously help his career?

Obviously he's spooked by the 8-1 match.  But he's had some great moments for the youth teams so it's a shame.  Typical guy trying to distance himself from the result like a coward or other reasons?  Maybe he had a kid or got married.

Call him up and if he declines, have FIFA suspend him from club play for three games.  Or, at least that's how I thought this thread was going a couple of pages ago.

Re: Cavallini - Understand the guy is trying to play his way to Europe or back to Nacional with his club form, but seriously, if playing the 3rd ranked team in the world isn't interesting to him, in NY for that matter, that's a little perplexing.

Not sure I'd want him jumping on the wagon for the "important" matches, if putting on the shirt seems to mean so little to him.

I will argue that if anyone from the NASL should be given a look in this game it should be Boakai.

I agree.

Benito should also call up as many of the Ottawa Fury players as he wants to include in his roster. They will already be in NY playing the Cosmos on the Saturday before the game. Unlike Bokai, no need for airfare to see them at the camp!

That means some(or all of):

Chad Bush

Marcel DeBellis

Kenny Caceros

Andres Fresenga

Mason Trafford

Drew Beckie

Philippe Davies

Pierre Rudolph Mayard

Carl Haworth

...should get a call.

Re: Cavallini - Understand the guy is trying to play his way to Europe or back to Nacional with his club form, but seriously, if playing the 3rd ranked team in the world isn't interesting to him, in NY for that matter, that's a little perplexing.

Not sure I'd want him jumping on the wagon for the "important" matches, if putting on the shirt seems to mean so little to him.

not sure we're in a position to say no thanks to players of his and hoilletts caliber if they're willing to play wcq and copa america but not friendlys.

If the kid is Canadian and wants to play "important" matches sign his ass up. Thats a whole lot better than players who choose to play for another country entirely.

We've called a few NASL players in the past couple years but I think we looked at the wrong ones (Jonke and Fresenga).  Eddie Edward from the Eddies of Edmonton would be a good choice.

Neither Jonke nor Fresenga was an NASL player when they appeared for the senior squad. (It's probably significant that neither of them has done a damned thing in the NASL since signing either.)

Neither Jonke nor Fresenga was an NASL player when they appeared for the senior squad. (It's probably significant that neither of them has done a damned thing in the NASL since signing either.)

I knew that you would write that. I'm just wondering. Aside from Kyle Porter, what guy with NASL experience prior to a Canadian selection has played for us? (I believe he's the only one who was called up by what he did for an NASL team.)

Interesting ...

Why don't you just say what you know and who you heard it from?

Edit: Well he definitely had a kid or is having a kid very soon, it's all over his FB.

Edit2: He is expecting a kid in a couple weeks it looks like. I feel weird having totally stalked this dude on FB. I would not expect Lucas at the Columbia game or the Panama game in November.

I think that it was mentioned by Birmingham City when they've announced that Edgar is expected to go.

Thanks Blackdude, found the link:

http://www.bcfc.com/news/article/20140923-international-blues-edgar-and-moseley-1935722.aspx

"will meet up with the Benito Floro's side for a training camp in Cancun, Mexico on Sunday 5 October."

Archived