Friendly - Colombia vs. Canada - October 14, 2014 - PRE-match [no R]

jonny63

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I may fly down Tuesday and come back Wednesday. If I do I'll post here and definitely be down to meet up as I'll likely be solo.

I could do this one. Strongly considering this actually. For cost considerations if we are several I'd rather drive and split gas and driving. If I go alone it would likely be greyhound there but fly back early wednesday.

TFC @ NYRB on Oct 11

The Fury also play @ the NY Cosmos on Saturday the 11th. If I'm in NYC Saturday night I would rather be there.

AND El Salvador? Geez, what is this new regime under Floro? Serious to compete? 

That's Colombia, not us.

Interesting note:

"

The 27-year-old will meet up with the Benito Floro's side for a training camp in Cancun, Mexico on Sunday 5 October

Read more at http://www.bcfc.com/news/article/20140923-international-blues-edgar-and-moseley-1935722.aspx#1Pom1cFd8M7Zf6vD.99"

Cancun eh? I wonder why

This should be an interesting game. Hopefully they can build on the last result, especially of Columbia plays a B team, heck u can only concern yourself with who you put on the pitch.

For people thinking of going, TFC is at the Red Bulls the Saturday night, Broncos at Jets Sunday afternoon and the Leafs are actually at the Rangers Sunday night. I am already going to the TFC game but because it is Thanksgiving Weekend I am flying home first thing Sunday morning as I need to be at a family dinner that evening.

I am actually going to the US Ecuador match on the 10th, the night before TFC, had this trip booked for a while.

I seriously envy you right now. I want to go SOOO BADLY, like a kid that can't contain his pee.

Looks like another long build up towards the Colombia game, fantastic.

Would be great if we were able to squeeze another friendly in down in Cancun...even if it's only against a second flight Mexican club or something.

I'm sure they will.  Or maybe our U20s are training there at the same time and they can have intra squad matches so it can act as a dual prep for the Olympic/Pan Am squad.

Otherwise he must be testing the players willpower by holding it in Cancun, especially with the reputation for partying that our MNT has.

I'd say this will give us a chance for an exciting game if Columbia plays a B-B+ squad. 

------------------------------------Cavallini-----------------------------------
Hoilett-----------------------------Osorio----------------------------Teibert
---------------Hutchinson-----------------------Johnson-------------------
De Jong----------Edgar----------------------Hainault-------------Straith
------------------------------------Borjan--------------------------------------

maybe a little bit of 
Akindele for Cavallini 
Ricketts for Teibert

That's Colombia, not us.

Interesting note:

"

The 27-year-old will meet up with the Benito Floro's side for a training camp in Cancun, Mexico on Sunday 5 October

Read more at http://www.bcfc.com/news/article/20140923-international-blues-edgar-and-moseley-1935722.aspx#1Pom1cFd8M7Zf6vD.99"

Cancun eh? I wonder why

makes it easier for cavallini to make it to camp for once

and honestly I love Edgar's support of the national team. He seems to always be there no matter where camps are being held. Also a decent game against the world number 3 could raise the stock of our players in the transfer window. And we're getting close to the gold cup which is qualifying for the copa america AND WCQ are fast approacing. new cycle, exciting times.

HOPING it would be on TV. Though that's a tough match. Wouldn't want to get destroyed on national television, to further alienate support for this team.

I've stopped worrying about that... only the diehards would likely be watching anyways. It's when we, oh, I don't know, get 8-1 epically thrashed in a game that matters that we actually loose popular support.

I hadn't looked at the FIFA points recently.  I had no idea that Colombia was the #3 overall team right now. 

While I'm sure they will send their B team; said B team will likely overwhelm our A team.  Even if we got players like Hoilett and Akindele to come out we probably will get smoked.

Of course if we did win this game it would be literally our best win since the 2000 Gold Cup.

I've seen JGL a few times with the Impact and also saw live here in Quebec City with the Academy earlier this year and I ve been really impress by his game. Decision making is excellent and i love his distribution.

Btw, since we are 120th in the world and Colombia 3rd, what´s the biggest gap ever for low ranked team over a higher one?

Archived