Call up prediction versus Jamaica

Obinna

^ He should, one of our few keepers actually playing (although not recently). Larsen also reporting Osorio, Bekker, Henry and Morgan will be called, with Henry and Osorio likely turning down the call to concentrate on the TFC playoff push. Disappointing if true.

So, basically, we are going to play Jamaica with our best 18, minus 15 of our best 18 ... we are so not getting that top 12 CONCACAF spot.

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

^ He should, one of our few keepers actually playing (although not recently). Larsen also reporting Osorio, Bekker, Henry and Morgan will be called, with Henry and Osorio likely turning down the call to concentrate on the TFC playoff push. Disappointing if true.

Osorio and Henry turning down a call for a game in TORONTO!?  Listen Nelsen it's not Canada's fault you're an incompetent manager and it's not Canada's fault you don't have cover in your squad for inevitable call ups that will come.  If Osorio and Henry missing one game is going to cause TFC to miss the playoffs then we don't deserve to make it.

Floro is treating this game as a competitive match and you're turning down a call in your home city?  What a joke.  Hopefully it's not true.

I hope soccer media will have the balls to call out Nelsen/TFC if Henry and Osorio decide not to play because playoffs (LMAO!).  

What soccer media though?

American fan boy Kurt Larson? He'll be secretly happy.  John Molinaro? His top priority is becoming good friends with managers and bragging on twitter about their friendship so he won't be calling out Nelsen.  Is Rudi going to do it?  

The only person who will call out anyone is Jason De Vos.

What soccer media though?

American fan boy Kurt Larson? He'll be secretly happy.  John Molinaro? His top priority is becoming good friends with managers and bragging on twitter about their friendship so he won't be calling out Nelsen.  Is Rudi going to do it?  

The only person who will call out anyone is Jason De Vos.

Just watch Michael Bradley get called to the US's September friendly v. Czech Republic, forcing him to miss the MLS game on the same day (and possibly other matches).

This is my team based on current form, playing level, past performances.

We need to start thinking about the future when we have these types of camps. Also 18 players is such a small number to go with, bring in 23 players so you can identify new talent and provide younger players the experience. 

1-4-3-3

=================================Hischfeld====================================

Ledgerwood=========Edgar=========================Jakovic===============de Jong

==================================Osorio======================================

===================== Hutchinson===========Johnson============================

======Edwini-Bonsu===========================================Ricketts=========

==================================M.Haber=====================================

Subs:
Fraser Aird
Tesho Akindele
Lucas Cavallini
Russell Teibert  
Charlie Trafford
Roger Thompson
Roberto Stillo
Quillan Roberts
Kyle Bekker
Doneil Henry
Michael Petrasso
Maxim Tissot

Just watch Michael Bradley get called to the US's September friendly v. Czech Republic, forcing him to miss the MLS game on the same day (and possibly other matches).

Remember back in March when it wasn't a big deal for Bradley to travel to Arizona to play Mexico?  Double standards.  Or because they made the World Cup it's okay?

What if Bloom or Morrow were to be called?  No chance TFC would hold them back.

What in the hell does this tweet even mean?

Frederic Lord @FLord_TVA 2h

Plus rien ne vous étonne avec la sélection canadienne? Attendez un peu de voir la compo contre la Jamaïque… #CanMNT #IMFC

So, a big surprise coming???  Or just a really disappointing squad?

Fred Lord replies to another comment there with "After training you will understand..."

Hmmm.  I hope he doesn't think that JGL being called is a surprise, he's a regular by now.

I really hope that the CSA digs its heels with MLS on this one. MLS' decision to not respect the international calendar should be MLS' issue, not the CSA's (or any other nation's).

Fact is that we desparately need wins (by fieldIing strong teams), to improve our ranking before qualifying seeds are set. Doing MLS teams a favour shouldn't be put on our shoulders (while other nations get their players released).

MLS looks bush-league on this issue, in my eyes.

I think Floro needs to be less diplomatic at this stage. We are too close to GC 2015 for this nonsense. This is a FIFA date and for us not to be getting TFC players for a game in Toronto is UNACCEPTABLE. The club plays at BMO on the 6th against Philly and then doesn't play again until the 13th in Chicago. In what world does Nelsen or Henry/Osorio think that will negatively impact their playoff push???

Like I have said before, it will be VERY interesting to see if Jamaica are missing any MLS players in the play off hunt.

So without further ado, I will present my "watchlist"

Darren Mattocks - Vancouver

Je-vaughn Watson - Dallas

Alvas Powell - Portland

Donavan Ricketts - Portland

Andre Blake - Philadelphia

Deshorn Brown - Colorado

*Jermain Taylor - Houston Dynamo

*Jason Johnson - Houston Dynamo

*Depends on whether or not you have written off Houston.  

-----------------Jackson---------------Haber-----------------
Teibert--------Hutchinson----------Pacheco-------Edwini
De Jong---------Edgar----------Hainault----Ledgerwood

Not terrible.. If Hutch can't come.. perhaps terrible yeah. 

Archived