Canadians MIA/UI List

nolando

• Replies 735
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Was bored, scanned a list of Canadian players on soccerway. Not sure this is news but former Charleston Battery defender Nigel Marples has made one start this 2012-13 season for HB Koge in the Danish 1st division (2nd tier) which isn't a bad level.

Kennedy Owusu-Ansah (KOA!) is making his way down the Finnish pyramid, now playing for a club in the 3rd tier there. Another defender, 21-year old Roger Thompson (?) is at another club in the same division.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

What's going on with JBB? Haven't heard anything for a long time! Another young player who seems to be missing an entire season. I don't understand, he seems to have been starting on a regular basis in the German 3. Liga last year ... is he injured?

Uh, he's in medicine @ McGill. He's doing just fine! Imagine that was a life choice. Toil in the German 4th tier or some such, or have a career in medicine from one of the world's top universities? Easy choice.

Olivier had a disastrous injury that forced him out of soccer.

Hart once said that he was the most exciting prospect we had and that was when he was an 18 year-old.

Good luck to him.

Hmm I don't think hes in the medical program, probably pre-med which really is a health sciences program that is a far way off from medical school still. Makes sense because I'd imagine while playing professionally abroad it would be difficult to complete 4 years science undergrad + get the grades to get into medical school. Either way I wish the guy the best, and hope he ends up in med school/become an MD.

*Actually hes in a 1 year preparatory science program that if you keep a 3.5 you get into the 4 year med school the following year. So good luck to him, thats awesome!

Niall Cousens · 148 like this

October 21 at 1:03am · Velbert offered me a contract but I decided to pass on the opportunity. I spoke with the coach about the situation in the club and after talking with my family and advisors we thought the best option, given the time of year, would be to return to Vancouver where I can prepare for January's transfer window. Its been an excellent but crazy 17 weeks in Germany and I'm looking forward to heading home, resetting, training hard and returning in January. I'm incredibly thankful for all your support and prayers and will continue to keep you updated on any significant happenings! Stay tuned…

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=413473885372447&id=130424613677377

Archived