Canadians MIA/UI List

nolando

• Replies 735
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The former Anderlecht striker Tomasz Radzinski could leave Lierse during this summer transfer window. The player does not seem to credit the eyes of the new coach, Chris Janssens.

"If I can not find a new club, it will not be a disaster but it would be a disappointment. The coach could not give me guarantees my possible involvement in the team for the new season when I was an alleged agreement in case I was always made ​​to grow with the club, "said Tomasz Radzinski to Het Laatste Nieuws.

"During the playoffs I showed that I could always add value to the team. But things seem to have changed after the summer break. The doors seem closed to me. I always enjoy playing football. I even lost weight. But I'm not nervous because as a player I can also free to leave after August 31. And if no proposal were to happen then I think that 37 years I lived a good football career "

http://www.footgoal.net/suite.php?selection=71836

Here's hoping Bernier suits up in MLS! But he needs games before that - NASL should suffice. He'll be a great squad player in fall WCQ. But needs games.

Yes, if he is out of contract NOW then how will signing with the Impact affect his form and career. He is the same as age Derosario and can he afford to miss a season of action at that age? Thats a problem with a summer league when you have players in europe that play in the winter. The NASL is also shorter than MLS and finishes earlier i believe.

Interesting that Bernier is training with his most recent club again:

pbernier10 Patrice Bernier @NickiBille14 Coming back from injury. Training with FCN. Baby girl is growing fast man! How is your baby?

Common courtesy or might he stay in Denmark?

I spoke with him a few weeks ago at a game and he said that he had some offers from Denmark. He said he wanted to play for the Impact but that if they did not give him a decent offer that he would have to accept one of the other offers while it was still on the table. It doesn't seem like the Impact made much of an effort to sign him so I think our chances of seeing him in Montreal next year may not be very high.

I spoke with him a few weeks ago at a game and he said that he had some offers from Denmark. He said he wanted to play for the Impact but that if they did not give him a decent offer that he would have to accept one of the other offers while it was still on the table. It doesn't seem like the Impact made much of an effort to sign him so I think our chances of seeing him in Montreal next year may not be very high.

More of the same (French article) : http://www.chronofoot.com/imfc/opinions-en-vrac_mrm180480.html

This is a few months old but interesting none-the-less:

"UAB Men's Soccer

Two Seniors from this past season are currently training with professional teams abroad. Curtis Ushedo is training in France, and Michal Mravec is training in Holland. Updates on these two will come as we get more information."

May 24 at 10:37am

https://www.facebook.com/pages/UAB-Mens-Soccer/197535340265694

• 2 weeks later...
Following the Keeper stuff on the Kocic thread, anyone know where Adam Street is these days?

I googled him back in the spring and his FB profile popped up so i clicked on it. It's completely public, all of his pics etc. open for everyone to see and it looks like he's resigned himself to getting liquored with his buddies every night instead of trying to become a pro soccer player. To each his own i guess...

I googled him back in the spring and his FB profile popped up so i clicked on it. It's completely public, all of his pics etc. open for everyone to see and it looks like he's resigned himself to getting liquored with his buddies every night instead of trying to become a pro soccer player. To each his own i guess...

Jacob Lensky syndrome

If he doesn't want to do it, I'd honestly prefer that he didn't. You only get one life to live and don't waste it doing something you don't enjoy.

Might be more of him taking an honest career/talent assessment. At 20 years old he might feel it is a better career move to go to university than play in CSL or Conference level football and hope he gets a break/develops into a better player while playing for peanuts. Still it makes one wish we had more opportunities for young Canadian players to still make a living at the game if their European dream does not pan out. Some of them might still develop into decent players.

I have to think Street could have caught on somewhere. He looked good with our U-20 program and got decent press with West Ham, but since his release I only heard about him getting one trial with Toronto FC. Maybe nobody's knocking on his door or maybe he just took one stab at the hometown team and didn't want to keep "wasting his life".

I have to think Street could have caught on somewhere. He looked good with our U-20 program and got decent press with West Ham, but since his release I only heard about him getting one trial with Toronto FC. Maybe nobody's knocking on his door or maybe he just took one stab at the hometown team and didn't want to keep "wasting his life".

I think he just gave up as others have said, you can't tell me TFC, Montreal, Vancouver wouldn't have loved to have him on their Academy/PDL teams. I'm also sure that FC Edmonton probably would have given him a look. He was pretty highly rated at West Ham despite being behind Marek Stech from what I recall and was even called to England U16s.

Archived