Canadians MIA/UI List

nolando

• Replies 735
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yeah but that could still be based on heresy...we still don't know ALL the details of Union Berlin, right, and why he made the choices he did...a lot of it could be just our assumption, until someone actually sits down and interviews him. Unless you are referring to an interview or something I didn't know about, which is possible.

Interview. When Winter came in, he was interviewed about why he hadn't signed with TFC, essentially, the contract was for too long, I guess he wanted to keep his options open.

This was the season after he and Cann had started at CB pretty much every game under Preki. Both of 'em thought they were better than they were at that. Cann didn't even travel with team for a bit, but he wised up, and accepted a slightly better offer than what he was making, which was still over 200,000 grand I believe.

Nana didn't, and got shipped out. The thing is, he hasn't caught on anywhere, and after a certain point you have to play by the rules of pro sport, as in PLAY, somewhere, even if it's a step down, even if you don't want to, just get the chance of playing where you DO want to play.

Look at Ademelu, he's PLAYING for the WINDSOR STARS, and like-30, and still getting tryouts in europe. Nana is 10 years older, playing with no one, and every month he isn't playing, he's falling further and further off the radar.

Or as others have stated, including myself, Occean. Two years ago he was in B3, now he's B1, I'm sure he was just happy to be playing. I guess Nana isn't.

Thanks for the info, can we speculate on a loan destination? Do you think a Serie B loan is possible or is that wishful thinking?

I have no idea, but based on his previous loan i don't think he would be starting if he went to a Serie B team. Maybe he could go back to a Lega Pro 2 team, but this time actually get PT. Or, he could end up being the #3 at Genoa?

Cesar Santamaria no longer with CD Once Lobos - too bad as they're in 1st place in the Ascenzo with a perfect record of 3 wins so far.

http://cdoncelobos.com/Equipo.html

Found this great site for club football in El Salvador. Lists all rosters for 1st division clubs, but unfortunately Cesar is not listed anywhere so he's either caught on with another 2nd division club or is floating out there somewhere...

http://www.elsalvadorfc.com/

Also, no sign of Chris Royal or Devon Van Yzerloo having made the jump to the U23's at their respective clubs.

http://www.arminia-bielefeld.de/nachwuchs/u23/u23-das-team.html?no_cache=1

http://1.fc-magdeburg.de/mannschaften/erste.html

Jaime Peters officially on the unemployed list: http://www.itfc.co.uk/news/article/peters-moves-on-330838.aspx (link courtesy Jason de Vos on twitter).

Jason says he's make an excellent pick-up for a (Canadian) MLS team but I'm not convinced. If one of these teams signed a Championship bench filler who hasn't played for a year who wasn't Canadian I doubt fans would be thrilled.

Jaime Peters officially on the unemployed list: http://www.itfc.co.uk/news/article/peters-moves-on-330838.aspx (link courtesy Jason de Vos on twitter).

Jason says he's make an excellent pick-up for a (Canadian) MLS team but I'm not convinced. If one of these teams signed a Championship bench filler who hasn't played for a year who wasn't Canadian I doubt fans would be thrilled.

Reggie Lambe?

I'd give Peters an opportunity to earn a place. Depending on what other offers he may receive, I'd offer an "end of season" deal with a club option. It depends on his level of desperation of course but he is a player I've liked in the past. As for now, I need to see more of him on a regular basis. Consider it an extended trial.

He worked out, but were TFC fans hugely excited for him? I seem to recall a lot of skepticism.

The irony is that I don't think there is any advantage to being a hometown player for Canadian MLS teams. Few would be excited besides V's and the odd clued up non-V. Clarke ran out for his first professional minutes the other night, for example, and nobody had a clue who he was, for the most part. Barely got a decent applause. Higher profile Canadians seem to get extra scrutiny, deserved or not.

It never makes much sense to me as I always remember hometown players getting a LOT of extra love in the NHL, MLB and CFL.

In any case, Peters would probably take a month to get back into proper match fitness and likely wouldn't be of much use to an MLS squad after that point in time until next season. Someone, YNWA I think, pointed out astutely that he could be good cover at RB/RW for the Caps, but I couldn't see him making many, if any, gameday rosters, so he would essentially just be a squad player again like he has been at Ipswich. Like everyone is saying, professional footballers in their twenties need to play. REB was the best example of this - take Finnish 2nd Division if need be, but play regularly and play to impress.

The irony is that I don't think there is any advantage to being a hometown player for Canadian MLS teams. Few would be excited besides V's and the odd clued up non-V. Clarke ran out for his first professional minutes the other night, for example, and nobody had a clue who he was, for the most part. Barely got a decent applause.

To be fair, Clarke was coming into an absolute dud of a game and the crowd was dead in general. The previous game Teibert had gotten some nice applause, including a big ovation from the Southsiders when he just went to take a corner.

To be fair, Clarke was coming into an absolute dud of a game and the crowd was dead in general. The previous game Teibert had gotten some nice applause, including a big ovation from the Southsiders when he just went to take a corner.

I dunno...I gotta figure that if a local kid was potentially going to play his first game for the Canucks one night that it would be all over the Province and the radio and that most people in the building would know all about him.

I was there for Teibert's first match too and didn't think he got much love either, TBH.

I dunno...I gotta figure that if a local kid was potentially going to play his first game for the Canucks one night that it would be all over the Province and the radio and that most people in the building would know all about him.

I was there for Teibert's first match too and didn't think he got much love either, TBH.

That would involve local radio talking about soccer.

I was there for both games, Teibert definitely got love and like LB said the game Clarke came into was a pig.

Ya I would hope he would get a chance somewhere, I think in the right environment if he feels comfortable he could still offer a good deal going forward. I hope that the situation at Ipswich was just really bad for a couple years and he can regain some of the promise he showed. I think bringing him into the MNT at 17 was a big mistake, he as well as others probably got his head to big and probably affected his attitude towards development going forward, hopefully this situation will humble him and he will just give everything to try and get back on track.

Also the championship has seemed to get a lot stronger over the last few years. Many of the teams being promoted are teams that have moved away from the old English championship style, it seems many of the managers have figured out that the best chance is playing more progressive soccer. Many of the teams are not just going back down to the Championship and even some that do go down playing soccer rather than just trying to grind out results with kick and run athletes. Swansea, Blackpool, Norwich, Southampton, a few of these teams have done multiple promotions from league one or even 2 because the coaches are implementing systems and modern football.

He could be a good understudy to YP Lee in Vancouver. The Caps seem to lack depth at that position. From what I hear Lee has been a good mentor to the younger players on the team and is here for a couple years? Peters could be groomed to take that starting RB position when Lee retires. JP would have to be ok with a drop in salary and coming off the bench, at least for now.

Peters would be a good signing for the Whitecaps. He could provide cover at numerous positions and is likely a strong player for MLS - but the problem is without a doubt, salary. What would he "command" and is his "command" reasonable? Also, can someone remind me if he is now a free agent or if simply been "released" but still under contract?

ps-I also think Gerba would be a good signing for the Whitecap but his contract stuff is obviously an issue.

Peters would be a good signing for the Whitecaps. He could provide cover at numerous positions and is likely a strong player for MLS - but the problem is without a doubt, salary. What would he "command" and is his "command" reasonable? Also, can someone remind me if he is now a free agent or if simply been "released" but still under contract?

ps-I also think Gerba would be a good signing for the Whitecap but his contract stuff is obviously an issue.

I don't know man. Honestly, if Jaime is looking for playing time, I don't think the Caps will give it to him. Being real here, don't see that working out well.

Archived