Kevaughn Tavernier

9 minutes ago, Markoaleks said:

Reason number 857 that a good CMNT youth setup with as many games as possible  helps our players get "views" from around the world

Add in the cracker he scored in Mexico recently and this helps the pathway for him and hopefully many more to follow 

Agreed, and I think the CPL has to get credit too. Young talent being part of professional leagues is awesome for their development.

1 hour ago, Markoaleks said:

Reason number 857 that a good CMNT youth setup with as many games as possible  helps our players get "views" from around the world

Add in the cracker he scored in Mexico recently and this helps the pathway for him and hopefully many more to follow 

I don’t disagree but the goal for Forge is what put him on the map in this instance. 

Just curious if actually made a summer move, Ligue 1 reserve sides don’t actually play in a league right? To my knowledge it’s like what Brentford does where they just played friendlies against other reserve sides and sometime local semi-pro teams. 

Edit: Didn’t realize he was actually out of contract, question still stands but he could move right now 

Edited by Atlantic

49 minutes ago, Atlantic said:

Just curious if actually made a summer move, Ligue 1 reserve sides don’t actually play in a league right? To my knowledge it’s like what Brentford does where they just played friendlies against other reserve sides and sometime local semi-pro teams. 

Edit: Didn’t realize he was actually out of contract, question still stands but he could move right now 

French reserve teams do play in the pyramid.

Not sure what is the deal with Monaco 2. I think they relegated from the 5th tier in 21-22. I guess the tier below isn't tracked well online

Interesting, the games he's already been part of are fantastic exposure but it sounds like Monaco may not be the best move for him if they don't even play in a proper competition.

Wanted to look into Monaco’s Elite Group and found this:

https://monacolife.net/as-monaco-launches-elite-group/

Some great stuff in there, including context about where they play (at least in 2022, as they pulled out of N2):

“In order to ensure that the next generation have the same opportunity to follow in the footsteps of some of the greats, Monaco will this year compete in the Premier League International Cup, which comprises 12 Premier League academy sides, as well as 12 other elite European academy sides. There is also the potential for the side to face senior French clubs. The club sees this path as the most conducive to allowing the youth to integrate into a senior side that welcomed nine academy products in the last two years, and has been ranked by the CIES as one the strongest teams for developing talent in Europe.”

9 minutes ago, Borjans Sweatpants said:

Wanted to look into Monaco’s Elite Group and found this:

https://monacolife.net/as-monaco-launches-elite-group/

Some great stuff in there, including context about where they play (at least in 2022, as they pulled out of N2):

“In order to ensure that the next generation have the same opportunity to follow in the footsteps of some of the greats, Monaco will this year compete in the Premier League International Cup, which comprises 12 Premier League academy sides, as well as 12 other elite European academy sides. There is also the potential for the side to face senior French clubs. The club sees this path as the most conducive to allowing the youth to integrate into a senior side that welcomed nine academy products in the last two years, and has been ranked by the CIES as one the strongest teams for developing talent in Europe.”

Doing some digging, and their B team plays in the 7th tier.

I guess they get involved in this other competitions/friendlies in order to give them some higher level of competition too.

I assume if Kevaughn signs he gets loaned out at first. Maybe to National (same level Justin Smith currently plays at, Nice B is also in the 7th tier, ironically)

7 hours ago, narduch said:

Doing some digging, and their B team plays in the 7th tier.

I guess they get involved in this other competitions/friendlies in order to give them some higher level of competition too.

I assume if Kevaughn signs he gets loaned out at first. Maybe to National (same level Justin Smith currently plays at, Nice B is also in the 7th tier, ironically)

Wonder if they just loan him back to Forge if that’s the case. CPL is probably on par with National, Forge probably better than a lot of those teams, plus he can live near home and try and win a title here before moving abroad. 

7 minutes ago, gigi riva said:

AS Monaco seems to have a very good program , they develped guys like Henry, Mpappe, Ousmane Dembele,  just to name a few, plus he latches on  that will be great for both him and cpl as a whole. and he will be playing ina cool city and stadium 

And if Voyaguers are nice to him we could get some free Grand Prix tickets 

49 minutes ago, Dominic94 said:

I just hope this isn’t a sham trial like the one the league setup for James Cameron.

it’s one thing if they’re actually interested in him then I’ll get excited

Leagues/teams often aren’t honest about “training stint” vs “trial”.

• 3 weeks later...