2nd Friendly vs. France, 9 June 2024, 9:15 pm, Bordeaux

30 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

I wouldn’t make that assumption.  It could be a South American team at home.  

I feel like a while back someone said there was a rule preventing teams from playing in 2 countries from 2 different confederations during the same window. Is that actually a thing?

13 hours ago, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

That N Ireland - Spain rumour seems to be from over a month ago. They'd  even talked about venues. But then they changed to Andorra on the 5th to commemorate the centenary of Extremadura Football Federation. I see nothing more in the Spanish press since early Feb.

Prediction: we play N Ireland on Belfast.

25 minutes ago, narduch said:

Just announced Mexico friendly for September 

Not really a complaint (it's a quality friendly, after all) but not the window we're looking for! Let the 2nd Friendly speculation continue!

40 minutes ago, Buchta said:

The Czech FA announced that they have set up a friendly in Austria to be played after June 2nd  The opponent should be announced next week.

https://www.sport.cz/clanek/fotbal-reprezentace-cesti-fotbaliste-odehraji-generalku-na-me-se-severni-makedonii-v-hradci-kralove-5024515

"Before the warm-up against North Macedonia, the Czech team will play a preparatory match for the training camp in Austria, where they will travel on June 2. The FAČR has yet to announce the exact location where the camp will take place, as well as the name of the opponent.

"The opponent is already known, but today he asked us to announce it next week. We were waiting for the opponent, where the match itself will be played, so that we could confirm the location of the training camp," said FAČR spokesman Petr Šedivý."

⬆️

It could be another team but that smells like the CSA to me. 🤣

Wait one week please! 🙏🙏 We just announced a Mexico friendly and we need another week to translate our press release into French and get John Bruce to make some slick graphics. ;)

Edited by Olympique_de_Marseille

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Buchta said:

The Czech FA announced that they have set up a friendly in Austria to be played after June 2nd  The opponent should be announced next week.

I saw they had Macedonia already down for our free  dates, or am I getting the sequence wrong?

Edited by Unnamed Trialist

2 minutes ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

I saw they had Macedonia already down for our free  dates, or am I getting the sequence wrong?

Not sure.

@Buchta, is the Czech team playing Friendly #1 on June 2nd or arriving in Austria for camp on June 2nd?

Czech Republic vs Macedonia is June 10th.

I was wondering if the #CanMNT could meet before the FIFA window started and play a match before the Netherlands one, but it does seem unlikely.

6 minutes ago, Buchta said:

The Czech camp starts on June 2nd, so a friendly on June 3rd (for example) is unlikely.  I was just hoping to see Canada to play the Czech Republic again, even though it is almost impossible in June.

The logical choice for that mystery friendly would be Germany. They need a friendly super early because they start the tournament early.

They go to Austria to be in a quieter environment to train but are still very close to Munich where they begin the tournament.

• 2 weeks later...
28 minutes ago, InglewoodJack said:

Not a September friendly, but per Kloke’s article in the athletic today, there’s apparently the prospect of a second friendly in June vs a team competing in the euros.

3 minutes ago, Watchmen said:

Right now, that's the more important friendly to lock down.

Just bumping the right thread.

Article is here:

https://theathletic.com/5356821/2024/03/21/copa-america-canada-federation/

52 minutes ago, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

Just bumping the right thread.

Article is here:

https://theathletic.com/5356821/2024/03/21/copa-america-canada-federation/

Regarding a 2nd June friendly, I think we have to keep an eye on the play-ins for the Euros, starting today.

Especially Poland, I would say, they should win today then have to get past, likely, Wales. A decent bet, though if they win they start June 16th vs Netherlands. Again, a match on Sunday the 9th or Monday 10th is a bit tight (for us too), usually teams want a bit of a rest before starting a tournament.

• Unnamed Trialist changed the title to 2nd Friendly vs. France, 9 June 2024, 9:15 pm, Bordeaux