Canada and the 2024 Copa America

VinceA

On 12/1/2023 at 8:31 PM, red card said:

TSN carried the last Copa America.

On 12/1/2023 at 9:10 PM, Watchmen said:

How much they show on TSN property might depend on whether Canada is there or not.

On 12/2/2023 at 2:39 PM, Rivaldo said:

I've seen them run deals for the full TSN streaming service...

The rights to TSN confirmed.

https://www.tsn.ca/tsn-and-rds-acquire-exclusive-media-rights-to-the-conmebol-copa-america-2024-1.2045799

Some games will also be on RDS which implies a French language broadcasting crew. You can't just use the FOX feed in that case.

20 minutes ago, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

As long as there is a placeholder section of tickets reserved for either T&T or Canada...

Imagine if Canada qualifies but all our matches are already sold out! 😳

I'm sure there will be. I'm also sure all our matches won't be sold out.

2 minutes ago, Watchmen said:

I'm sure there will be. I'm also sure all our matches won't be sold out.

This may have already been discussed and resolved, but the only thing that might change that scenario is the possibility of double headers where demand to watch the other teams are the primary driver in ticket sales. 

1 hour ago, dyslexic nam said:

This may have already been discussed and resolved, but the only thing that might change that scenario is the possibility of double headers where demand to watch the other teams are the primary driver in ticket sales. 

1) No doubleheaders for this.

2) @Watchmen, Argentina, Brazil, Mexico and even possibly the USMNT (if the price point is lower) could be sold out even without knowing the opponent.

Edited by Olympique_de_Marseille

3 minutes ago, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

1) No doubleheaders for this.

2) @Watchmen, Argentina, Brazil, Mexico and even possibly the USMNT (if the price point is lower) could be sold out even without knowing the opponent.

I will grant you this was 7 years ago at the 2016 edition (how was that 7 years ago???) but I attended an Argentina game that was not remotely sold out. Good attendance for sure. But you could almost have had your choice of section on the day of the game.

Edited by Watchmen

1 hour ago, Watchmen said:

I will grant you this was 7 years ago at the 2016 edition (how was that 7 years ago???) but I attended an Argentina game that was not remotely sold out. Good attendance for sure. But you could almost have had your choice of section on the day of the game.

They clearly tried to maximize revenue over maximizing attendence. This comes back to the questions that have already been discussed in this thread:

1) Did they succeed?

2) Will the prices be very high once again?

20 minutes ago, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

They clearly tried to maximize revenue over maximizing attendence. This comes back to the questions that have already been discussed in this thread:

1) Did they succeed?

2) Will the prices be very high once again?

1) They succeeded enough to do it again.

2) My guess is yes.

2 hours ago, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

The rights to TSN confirmed.

https://www.tsn.ca/tsn-and-rds-acquire-exclusive-media-rights-to-the-conmebol-copa-america-2024-1.2045799

Some games will also be on RDS which implies a French language broadcasting crew. You can't just use the FOX feed in that case.

Imagine that, finally Mens team on TSN and we do not qualify. Another sleepless night.                PS I'm joking. Even without crystal ball I know we'll beat T & T. Why do we have to wait till fucking March? 🤬

29 minutes ago, MtlMario said:

Even without crystal ball I know we'll beat T & T. 

As @Club Linesman said, don't invoke the wrath of the Football Gods!

If we fail to qualify in March I'm coming after you, you blasphemous man! :D

Based on your username, I already know you are in Montreal. I assume you look like this:

Wave Hello GIF

1 minute ago, SthMelbRed said:

They couldn't afford the real Sofia Vergara to host the draw, so they brought in a look-alike?

Ouch!

That is 

https://www.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lindsay_Casinelli

She is good looking enough to appear to distract CONMEBOL president Alejandro Dominguez. He was like a boy in a trance for 5 seconds. 🤣