Nathan Saliba

Grandbloke

2 minutes ago, costarg said:

Nah, we are no where close to having guys along the lines and potential of Saliba (19), Ali (23), Choiniere (25) at CB.  Not to mention Kone and Stache.

LDF (19), JKL (18), and Bombito (23) are definite potential in comparison to the names you mentioned.
I agree there isn't any studs in the back but we do have a lot of options that get minutes from McGraw, Corneilius, Kennedy, Miller, MacNaughton, or Heibert. 

13 minutes ago, Shway said:

LDF (19), JKL (18), and Bombito (23) are definite potential in comparison to the names you mentioned.
I agree there isn't any studs in the back but we do have a lot of options that get minutes from McGraw, Corneilius, Kennedy, Miller, MacNaughton, or Heibert. 

Absolutely, but the actual pro experience is still missing for LDF JKL and Bombito.  The mids have proven they can play at a good pro level, and one is an MLS All-Star.  I feel we're quick to forget Choiniere's stats and accomplishments purely judged and based on 20 minutes vs Japan, in which they destroyed us.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
30 minutes ago, Dominic94 said:

On the bench again, think it will be tough for him to get minutes with how his Canadian compatriots are playing. 

Oh, he would see minutes, as we want to sell him for a good fee in the near future. Its just that the team is playing well as you point it out, he is back from a significant injury so we don't want to take needless risks and we will need him during Copa America, with a descent number of our players taken to go there and presumably having lighter workloads then in MLS.

Agree he wasn't impressive based on what I saw, but he's also 20 starting in MLS and wasn't a liability (sending off aside), so that's positive. He'll have an MLS future at minimum. I think he's already played 30 league games now.