Nathan Saliba

Grandbloke

• 2 weeks later...
13 minutes ago, Dominic94 said:

Looking better every week, he’s growing into it. He was subbed off at 53, definitely one to watch and will get better as time goes.

I did miss his turnover, growing pains forsure, it’s early but reminiscent of the rise of Ismael Kone.

Yea, thought he looked really confident today and was generally positive, aside from the turnover, but he gets bullied off the ball too easily. Seemed understandably pissed when he was subbed off. 

12 hours ago, Dominic94 said:

Looking better every week, he’s growing into it. He was subbed off at 53, definitely one to watch and will get better as time goes.

I did miss his turnover, growing pains forsure, it’s early but reminiscent of the rise of Ismael Kone.

He was responsible for Union's first goal. An erratic pass. Saliba's game last night I would describe as an Irish countryside. Full of ups and downs.

• 2 months later...
29 minutes ago, InglewoodJack said:

Missed the game last night but Saliba had the highest FotMob rating of any Montreal player (7.4). How did he look? Per twitter the Saliba hype train has left the station. 

He’s been around as a prospect for so long that I didn’t know he’s a 2004. Future is bright 

31 minutes ago, Dominic94 said:

He’s been around as a prospect for so long that I didn’t know he’s a 2004. Future is bright 

He’s the youngest out of the Rea/Zouhir/Saliba Montreal contingent, great to see they’re playing him. Just with reasonable odds you figure at least one of those guys ends up good enough and willing enough to play for us. 

54 minutes ago, InglewoodJack said:

He’s the youngest out of the Rea/Zouhir/Saliba Montreal contingent, great to see they’re playing him. Just with reasonable odds you figure at least one of those guys ends up good enough and willing enough to play for us. 

Future is bright in Montreal, people have been high on Saliba for a while. Let’s see how he turns out, our CM depth could end up being formidable.

2 hours ago, Dominic94 said:

How did he play last night ?

2 hours ago, InglewoodJack said:

Missed the game last night but Saliba had the highest FotMob rating of any Montreal player (7.4). How did he look? Per twitter the Saliba hype train has left the station. 

I thought he played well.  He's still 19 so made a few errors but was decent defensively and strong moving the ball forward.  82% passing, 11 (7) in ground duels, 3 tackles, 2 interceptions and 2 blocked shots.  When he would get the ball, he'd start looking upfield, not unlike Kone.  Was also playing centrally without a veteran presence, so it was a big task.

55 minutes ago, El Hombre said:

....  When he would get the ball, he'd start looking upfield, not unlike Kone.  Was also playing centrally without a veteran presence, so it was a big task.

This was my impression in the very first game he started for Montreal. He hasn't played much recently and I haven't  watched him play when he has. 

3 hours ago, Dominic94 said:

Saliba was interesting because he got signed around the same time as the others but for whatever reason he was the one buried in their reserves while the others got shots here and there with Montreal.

8 minutes ago, Bison44 said:

Aidan who?? Some random MLS starting mid??  ????

No clue who you’re talking about but he’s certainly not a 19 year old CM with Montreal and certainly not the front runner (for now) out of Montreal’s 3 exciting youngsters who just had a solid appearance against VWC that is getting many Montreal fans rightfully excited. 

29 minutes ago, Bison44 said:

And hes not Ahmed either, HAHA.  Its nice to see all 3 MLS squads with good prospects working their way through the system.  TSN/apple coverage has been giving me all sorts of Montreal games to watch this summer and I am enjoying the kids.  

I always forget about Ahmed because Vancouver don’t have as many young Canadians on their team, so it’s always fun to remember he’s another option. 

I mean, between Saliba, Zouhir, Rea, Ahmed, JMR, and I’ll throw in Jayden Nelson, one of those guys has to be the real deal eh?

5 minutes ago, InglewoodJack said:

I always forget about Ahmed because Vancouver don’t have as many young Canadians on their team, so it’s always fun to remember he’s another option. 

I mean, between Saliba, Zouhir, Rea, Ahmed, JMR, and I’ll throw in Jayden Nelson, one of those guys has to be the real deal eh?

Not to be the grumpy Vancouver hater (again) but:

2004 - Saliba, JMR
2003 - Zouhir
2002 - Rea, Nelson

2000 - Ahmed

Ahmed is closer to Choiniere (1999) as a "prospect" than any of the rest.  This injury has really derailed his progress as the rest already have a head start on him and he was catching up.  He needs to get healthy quick and get back on the pitch as this is a critical time for him.

12 minutes ago, El Hombre said:

Not to be the grumpy Vancouver hater (again) but:

2004 - Saliba, JMR
2003 - Zouhir
2002 - Rea, Nelson

2000 - Ahmed

Ahmed is closer to Choiniere (1999) as a "prospect" than any of the rest.  This injury has really derailed his progress as the rest already have a head start on him and he was catching up.  He needs to get healthy quick and get back on the pitch as this is a critical time for him.

Fair, I was mostly thinking of it as ascendant talents in Canada. If Ahmed starts getting caps for Canada at age 25, I think that’s a big win for us too. The way he was playing before the injury, I think we would’ve seen him get called up to and play at the gold cup.