Bruno Davidson

Ally McCoist

2 minutes ago, InglewoodJack said:

Arfield 🤝 Rangers 🤝 United Kingdom

The past, no longer relevant, time to move on

Bruno Davidson 🤝 Celtic 🤝 Ireland 

A promising future, easier to cheer for, is only getting better

Unfortunately beyond football and very much not the place to get into it, probably should not have mentioned it. 

Maybe I’m in the minority, but I don’t mind hearing about any new players coming up such as this. I may have missed his name if he hadn’t had a thread dedicated to him and now I can keep one eye on him for the future. I can also mention Davidson to a buddy who is a Celtic fan and I am sure he will tell me more if there’s any news surrounding him in future. 

I’ve stopped visiting the Arfield thread. It’s easy to avoid threads like this too, and usually they get buried quite quickly so I don’t see it as an issue. 

I like already having the thread. It’s about a pro contract, I hope Celtic loans him to a Scottish League One team in January (if he signs a new contract).

I just would like to know for sure he’s eligible for us, not like Holmes, Bunbury, Cordova, etc.

Edited by MauditYvon

1 hour ago, WestHamCanadianinOxford said:

Unfortunately beyond football and very much not the place to get into it, probably should not have mentioned it. 

Haha I’m just messing around. This kid does sound promising though. I like threads about these types of players. Worst case, he either never becomes anything or caps for Scotland, but it’s fun tracking some potential prospects of lure.

1 hour ago, InglewoodJack said:

Haha I’m just messing around. This kid does sound promising though. I like threads about these types of players. Worst case, he either never becomes anything or caps for Scotland, but it’s fun tracking some potential prospects of lure.

I’d argue playing 5th tier in Scotland is like L1O/high OSL(with certain differences), but if he’s training with the first team and is given the path to pro then maybe he can make the jump.

3 hours ago, maccaliam said:

Maybe I’m in the minority, but I don’t mind hearing about any new players coming up such as this. I may have missed his name if he hadn’t had a thread dedicated to him and now I can keep one eye on him for the future. I can also mention Davidson to a buddy who is a Celtic fan and I am sure he will tell me more if there’s any news surrounding him in future. 

I’ve stopped visiting the Arfield thread. It’s easy to avoid threads like this too, and usually they get buried quite quickly so I don’t see it as an issue. 

I sent that link to two of my closest mates, who are both mad Celtic men. Neither knew of the existence of this kid prior to seeing that article.

1 hour ago, jordan said:

I’d argue playing 5th tier in Scotland is like L1O/high OSL(with certain differences), but if he’s training with the first team and is given the path to pro then maybe he can make the jump.

But it's also a case of no where else to play. If he's not good enough for A team (understandable), but maybe was too young to loan (or they want to keep developing him in house), then the 5th tier is the only option.

It's like the CF Montreal players who declined CPL loans playing for the U23s in the PLSQ, or Halbouni playing sixth tier Germany for the B team, or Smith playing 5th tier France for the B team. Playing at a level below where they should because of no other options because the A team is just too high. 

Edited by rydermike

13 minutes ago, rydermike said:

But it's also a case of no where else to play. If he's not good enough for A team (understandable), but maybe was too young to loan (or they want to keep developing him in house), then the 5th tier is the only option.

It's like the CF Montreal players who declined CPL loans playing for the U23s in the PLSQ, or Halbouni playing sixth tier Germany for the B team, or Smith playing 5th tier France for the B team. Playing at a level below where they should because of no other options because the A team is just too high. 

Was old enough to loan, but it’s a different world over there. Not knocking him, just need to see evidence of a jump. The good news is they play mens league with a youth team, but as it is with most they need to make the move up.

13 hours ago, jordan said:

I think the fact that he’s part of a massive team’s organization counts for a lot more than that, and per the article, Celtic are trying to sign him long term, so they must see something in him. The one thing I do question is where the Canada tie comes from- it’s an unsourced quote, and like people have mentioned, we don’t really have much to offer a U20 player in terms of caps right now, so not sure how we factor in unless he makes a Kone-like jump and suddenly gets into the senior team picture within the next year or so, but that would be really ambitious at this point.

14 minutes ago, InglewoodJack said:

I think the fact that he’s part of a massive team’s organization counts for a lot more than that, and per the article, Celtic are trying to sign him long term, so they must see something in him. The one thing I do question is where the Canada tie comes from- it’s an unsourced quote, and like people have mentioned, we don’t really have much to offer a U20 player in terms of caps right now, so not sure how we factor in unless he makes a Kone-like jump and suddenly gets into the senior team picture within the next year or so, but that would be really ambitious at this point.

I believe the mom is from the Toronto area. 

2 minutes ago, jordan said:

I believe the mom is from the Toronto area. 

No, I know, I just meant, I wonder where that rumor comes from, since Canada doesn't really have an opportunity to involve him in our national teams for the next little while since our U20s aren't playing any time soon, and he's not near the radar for the senior team, so I wonder whether there's actual legs to this, or whether it's just a journalist making a story because they found out he has dual nationality or something.

Just now, InglewoodJack said:

No, I know, I just meant, I wonder where that rumor comes from, since Canada doesn't really have an opportunity to involve him in our national teams for the next little while since our U20s aren't playing any time soon, and he's not near the radar for the senior team, so I wonder whether there's actual legs to this, or whether it's just a journalist making a story because they found out he has dual nationality or something.

Lots of football column inches to fill/clicks to chase in the UK.  They got our attention for a bit.

1 minute ago, WestHamCanadianinOxford said:

Lots of football column inches to fill/clicks to chase in the UK.  They got our attention for a bit.

I have half a mind to think that the player himself or his agent leaked this to get Scotland to wake up to him just like Mitrovic went on Serbian TV to signal to their national team that Borjan and Herdman were trying hard to get him to come play for Canada.