Bruno Davidson

Ally McCoist

3 minutes ago, InglewoodJack said:

No, I know, I just meant, I wonder where that rumor comes from, since Canada doesn't really have an opportunity to involve him in our national teams for the next little while since our U20s aren't playing any time soon, and he's not near the radar for the senior team, so I wonder whether there's actual legs to this, or whether it's just a journalist making a story because they found out he has dual nationality or something.

I think having a Canadian passport is fashionable these days.

4 minutes ago, InglewoodJack said:

I have half a mind to think that the player himself or his agent leaked this to get Scotland to wake up to him just like Mitrovic went on Serbian TV to signal to their national team that Borjan and Herdman were trying hard to get him to come play for Canada.

Fair point as well

And second part of the the tweet

It's believed Canada Soccer didn't reach out to Davidson directly, but instead Celtic reached out to people in Canada to advise of his eligibility. Davidson has been training with Celtic's first team and Celtic are eager to give him a new contract. Definitely one to watch. 2/2

17 minutes ago, MauditYvon said:

It's believed Canada Soccer didn't reach out to Davidson directly, but instead Celtic reached out to people in Canada to advise of his eligibility. Davidson has been training with Celtic's first team and Celtic are eager to give him a new contract. Definitely one to watch. 2/2

Interesting.  Seems a little strange that Celtic would reach out, they surely get more press (and he gets more games) if he goes Scotland.

Maybe they are worried about Signapore😉

28 minutes ago, MauditYvon said:

This is the most CANMNT update possible. They didn’t know about this kid, it’s the club that had to hit them up.

12 minutes ago, InglewoodJack said:

This is the most CANMNT update possible. They didn’t know about this kid, it’s the club that had to hit them up.

I think that happens more often than not.  Going purely on speculation but I think a lot of the kids we lose end up in other national team programs because they (or their agent) reach out to the national organization rather than the other way around.  

I would think it would be hard to find a resource that lists birthplaces of player's parents.  Especially for those still in academies.

21 minutes ago, El Hombre said:

I think that happens more often than not.  Going purely on speculation but I think a lot of the kids we lose end up in other national team programs because they (or their agent) reach out to the national organization rather than the other way around.  

I would think it would be hard to find a resource that lists birthplaces of player's parents.  Especially for those still in academies.

Yeah, you're probably right, it's impossible to scout every single player who has a parent or so who is Canadian, I'm just imagining a world where Canada has these promising young players playing for top club academies, and we're like... yeah he's good... not TFC II good, but he's okay, we don't really care...

17 hours ago, rydermike said:

But it's also a case of no where else to play. If he's not good enough for A team (understandable), but maybe was too young to loan (or they want to keep developing him in house), then the 5th tier is the only option.

It's like the CF Montreal players who declined CPL loans playing for the U23s in the PLSQ, or Halbouni playing sixth tier Germany for the B team, or Smith playing 5th tier France for the B team. Playing at a level below where they should because of no other options because the A team is just too high. 

Well Ferdinand just isn’t serious about his pro career they guy wasn’t a regular last year and honestly has wasted a year. Pretty much same can be said for Giraldo and Saliba.

2 hours ago, Ivan said:

And if the rumours are to be believed, it has been TFC staff alerting the US Nats about players in their system eligible for the US.

It’s not a rumour it’s been confirmed true. TFC keeps doing it because they hate Canada 😛 and because we don’t have youth camps. On the flip side though their are people in the US teams telling us about Duals in the US.

Edited by Dominic94

4 minutes ago, Dominic94 said:

It’s not a rumour it’s been confirmed true. TFC keeps doing it because they hate Canada and because we don’t have youth camps. On the flip side though their are people in the US teams telling us about Duals in the US.

Incredible 

I'm curious about the fact that he was born in Singapore, and seemingly raised on Scotland. His instagram biography has just a Scottish and Italian flag in it, so assumedly he has an Italian background as well. I wonder if there were some reason for consistent family relocation (work, etc.) and maybe the family themselves identify as Canadian?

53 minutes ago, Pottsy3 said:

I'm curious about the fact that he was born in Singapore, and seemingly raised on Scotland. His instagram biography has just a Scottish and Italian flag in it, so assumedly he has an Italian background as well. I wonder if there were some reason for consistent family relocation (work, etc.) and maybe the family themselves identify as Canadian?

Father worked in Aberdeen, then Toronto, Singapore, then back to Edinburgh.