CANCELLED WC Prep Match #1: Canada vs Iran - Sunday, June 5 BC Place, Vancouver

1 minute ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

Fairly standard for Whitecaps home matches, away fans in that corner or part of it.

I like it as they are not visible on broadcasts and, with BC Place's mediocre acoustics, do not interfere with support on the other end.

From what I recall they are usually not placed at field level but starting at a certain point above field level, but I don't think I've ever seen more than half an upper part of a section filled by Sounders fans, maybe a few hundred. Caps regulars would know more precisely.

It's so quiet on the western front right now, I have NO idea what is going to happen.  I usually can estimate things pretty well.

Normally I would get 1000+ messages around a game in email, FB, PMs, SMS ect.....   I have NONE for these games, like absolutely none.  Maybe one person asking about the time of the pre sale.

I have no idea what this means.  It could mean all the high maintenance people have gone to Canada Red.

1 minute ago, Admin said:

It's so quiet on the western front right now, I have NO idea what is going to happen.  I usually can estimate things pretty well.

Normally I would get 1000+ messages around a game in email, FB, PMs, SMS ect.....   I have NONE for these games, like absolutely none.  Maybe one person asking about the time of the pre sale.

I have no idea what this means.  It could mean all the high maintenance people have gone to Canada Red.

For previous Voyageur presales, we all received an email from you indicating instructions. I have not received any such email this time round. 

Perhaps consider doing a brief email to all those signed up, even if the Voyageur sale period is upon us or has already opened?

Further: you know better than us what % of Vs are in BC. Or BC and Alberta, say.

Would it even be 10% of the total?

3 minutes ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

For previous Voyageur presales, we all received an email from you indicating instructions. I have not received any such email this time round. 

Perhaps consider doing a brief email to all those signed up, even if the Voyageur sale period is upon us or has already opened?

Further: you know better than us what % of Vs are in BC. Or BC and Alberta, say.

Would it even be 10% of the total?

We sent out emails. 

Did anyone else not get it?

4 minutes ago, Admin said:

We sent out emails. 

Did anyone else not get it?

Check that then and resend, just to help the push. I did not get anything in my Spam and I usually get those emails to my main box.

Also. Looking at Tickemaster, it does seem 201 and 202 are blocked, we imagine for the Vs, but not 254. 

So have the Voyageurs not reserved 254?

Edited by Unnamed Trialist

5 minutes ago, Admin said:

Main stands almost sold out for Iran, and Caps pre sale hasn't started.

If that is all CRW and CRG, that is pretty amazing.

Was looking too, but have to wonder: there is such a big difference appearing between almost sold-out main stands and many available in corners and ends, that it does not seem right. Are we looking at potential massive resales taking place?

14 minutes ago, Admin said:

No, today was regular Canada Red so many of those people didn't pay any extra for access.

---

V ticket links worked well!

Iran front of 203

Curaçao front of 202!

Thanks to everyone for their hard work!

:)

1 minute ago, Obinna said:

The wife and I got tickets to Iran in 203.

She exclaimed to me that she was "excited to see Davies".

If I can drag her to the Curacao match as well, I'll know her brainwashing has be complete. 😈

You are a better man than I am Obinna, my wife refused to go to Valour games and after the watching the Iceteca game she loudly proclaimed that "even if its in winnipeg" she isnt going to a CMNT game.  Although we both did just sit in the rain last night watching our son in timbits soccer, so maybe there is a chance.  

Just now, Bison44 said:

You are a better man than I am Obinna, my wife refused to go to Valour games and after the watching the Iceteca game she loudly proclaimed that "even if its in winnipeg" she isnt going to a CMNT game.  Although we both did just sit in the rain last night watching our son in timbits soccer, so maybe there is a chance.  

Sounds like progress. Don't give up the fighting the good fight, Bison!

29 minutes ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

Was looking too, but have to wonder: there is such a big difference appearing between almost sold-out main stands and many available in corners and ends, that it does not seem right. Are we looking at potential massive resales taking place?

It might be the type of people who are in the pre sales are more main stand people... let's hope.

2 minutes ago, Admin said:

You must use the link and the code together

Voyageurs June 5th vs Iran
https://www.ticketmaster.ca/event/11005CA6EECC85F0?did=voyageurs

Voyageur June 9th vs Curacao
https://www.ticketmaster.ca/event/11005CABCE25550D?did=voyager

Code: VOYAGEUR    

Aren't you worried that sharing codes will mean there will be lots of re-sale scalping even for our section? I am not sure why you feel it should be shared like this here, since we want to avoid certain scenarios. 

Maybe I'm confused.

6 minutes ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

Aren't you worried that sharing codes will mean there will be lots of re-sale scalping even for our section? I am not sure why you feel it should be shared like this here, since we want to avoid certain scenarios. 

Maybe I'm confused.

There could be, it's possible.  But scalpers just bought memberships and did that anyway.

We have very few paid members on the west coast.  I think many Caps fans used the caps 25% two game discount code and bought in 254.  It was sold out very quickly.    Not sure how to fix this, or if we can.  

Right now I am more worried about the fact that an hour into the presale we still have seats for sale in the front row.  That should be impossible.   Something is wrong, and we have to move these seats or we are going to be in some trouble.

7 minutes ago, Admin said:

There could be, it's possible.  But scalpers just bought memberships and did that anyway.

We have very few paid members on the west coast.  I think many Caps fans used the caps 25% two game discount code and bought in 254.  It was sold out very quickly.    Not sure how to fix this, or if we can.  

Right now I am more worried about the fact that an hour into the presale we still have seats for sale in the front row.  That should be impossible.   Something is wrong, and we have to move these seats or we are going to be in some trouble.

When I bought my 5 tickets, it didn’t really give me an option of where to sit. It essentially picked 5 seats in the Voyageurs section for me, otherwise I would’ve picked front row for sure hahaha.

to be fair I kind of panic ran through the entire process so I could’ve slowed down 

3 hours ago, Admin said:

It's impressive (especially after it didn't look like very much sold yesterday), but there are quite a few alternating rows tied up in the 2-match packs, so the individual Canada/Iran map looks much more sold out than it really is.

30 minutes ago, SpursFlu said:

So tickets haven't been released to the general public yet and the lower bowl is sold out? Is that because it was released to Whitecaps season ticket holders?

I have the same question: what were Caps fans offered? How many responded? 

If they're going to Canada fans and soccer fans in general, I'm pleased. 

• Unnamed Trialist changed the title to CANCELLED WC Prep Match #1: Canada vs Iran - Sunday, June 5 BC Place, Vancouver