All purpose ‘Going to Qatar’ thread

EJsens1

1 hour ago, umpiredice said:

Anyone up for coordinating group ids so we can get a big bunch of us together?

I’ve seen some people doing it over on the V membership forum.  It’s a great idea, but I’m gonna wait until I get my tickets and see what the options are with the CSA/Voyageurs for some big group that could potentially be formed 

With first phase closed, FIFA announced 17 million tickets requested for a pool of just over 2 million tickets. 1.8 million tickets requested for the Final.

FIFA said it had been "inundated" with requests from Argentina, Brazil, England, France, India, Mexico, Saudi Arabia, UAE and the US. Qatar had the most requests. 

https://www.frontrowsoccer.com/2022/02/08/theyre-hot-tickets-fifa-says-17-million-requests-received-for-world-cup/

Edited by red card

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
12 minutes ago, theaub said:

Someone correct me if I'm wrong but 11:00 CET is 6:00 AM ET

Fuck..5am in Costa Rica and of course the message from the link below..

We advise football fans to place their application as soon as the sales period opens, on 23 March 11H CET / 13H Doha time, as tickets will likely sell out quickly.

If it was a first come, first served sales phase just for individual match tickets, I would pass because I'd rather know the individual matchups before I tried to buy, but it looks like the TST packages are part of this, so I think I'll try again.

screenshot_20220321_150453.jpg

56 minutes ago, umpiredice said:

Does anyone know at this time if Canada Soccer (or even the Voyageurs) are going to have access to a block of tickets later in the year?

I should hope so especially if Canada qualify and the 3 group games definitely people will want to buy tickets but it all depends on where the games in Qatar will be like at which stadiums and at what times the games will be at because time difference and everything

You could do that in the sales phase that starts after the draw. We don't know exactly when that sales phase will begin. You could also buy one ticket to an individual match on Wednesday, but you wouldn't know which teams are playing when.

There are 2 more chances after this March 23-29 opportunity. There's another random lottery and a first come, first served sales period after the draw, then the final first come, first served opportunity during the last minute sales phase.

Edited by Neil R.

7 hours ago, theaub said:

Even if you can't get a TST, just getting any ticket to be able to book hotels is a big W imo

The England Supporters Travel Club (run by The FA) said that Qatar's official accommodations are released in proportion to the number of tickets sold in each sale window; therefore, no need to buy a ticket now just to get to the front of the hotel queue. Of course, having a shot at the Duplex Suite on the cruise ship is a nice perk of booking hotels tomorrow. But most of the rooms in all categories should still be available after Phase 1 if The FA is correct.

6 hours ago, rvmoore95 said:

At this point if I attend the tournament it will be solo, as friends and GF can't make a multi-week commitment off of work. Does anyone know if we can still use the group codes on the sale on Wednesday? Would ideally want to sit with fellow V's or Canadian supporters

No reason you shouldn't be able to enter a Group ID, as they cannot do seat assignment as part of Wednesday's FCFS sale. Have the codes handy in case you're asked, remembering that the Group ID is only a request and not a guarantee to be seated together. Note: In Phase 1 lottery window, the site allowed you to modify your application after it was submitted, specifically allowing you to modify the Group ID. That may be possible in this window too. Worst case - call the ticket hotline on Thursday and see if they can change it for you if Group ID is used this window.

4 hours ago, Cadeau said:

This may be a stupid question but say i don't win tickets this round; when can we buy just one ticket for one game?

It is exceptionally unlikely that you can't buy one ticket for one game on Wednesday. That would mean 100.0% of tickets are sold out, and there's no need for Phase 2. Other than the opening match and semis and final, I suspect tickets will be available for all other games when this sales window closes in a few days. The lack of a published resale policy so far will limit how many individual tickets have/will sell in Phase 1. At this point, we have no idea if we can even trade match tickets between fellow purchasers.

If you want one Canada ticket, though, after Wednesday @ 6:00:02 AM, CanadaRed+White+Gold+Black+PolkaDots is the group to join for information, plus you and a few friends can apply during the Phase 2 lottery as mentioned above.

9 minutes ago, CanadianTraveller said:

If you want one Canada ticket, though, after Wednesday @ 6:00:02 AM, CanadaRed+White+Gold+Black+PolkaDots is the group to join for information, plus you and a few friends can apply during the Phase 2 lottery as mentioned above.

Damn they got a polka dots group now?money futurama GIF

11 hours ago, EJsens1 said:

Fuck..5am in Costa Rica and of course the message from the link below..

We advise football fans to place their application as soon as the sales period opens, on 23 March 11H CET / 13H Doha time, as tickets will likely sell out quickly.

I think it’s actually 4am Costa Rica time, thought I saw they were 7 hours behind CET. Don’t blindly take my word for it though, I am a few beers deep right now