All purpose ‘Going to Qatar’ thread

EJsens1

Time will tell if people willl be refunded for purchasing other tiers   However, the action of not releasing all the tiers at the same time seems to imply that the CSA intends to shake as much money out of people as they can. There doesn't seem to be a good reason to A) not release all tiers at the same time and B ) continue to stagger the release of the tiers. This has the smell of an organization thinking they are more clever than their customer base.

Edited by shortofbrillant

7 minutes ago, TOCanada115 said:

Just curious, when the World Cup is here in Canada, will the Voyaguers be allotted tickets, or will all the tickets be through Canada Red + White?

I'm with @theaub.  IMO, this is one of those where someone having paid for 4 years of Canada R&G will have a fair shot at WC tickets in 2026.  We are now in the era of pay now and for awhile for the right to pay much more in 4 years.   

EDIT: I'm not being negative...it's just the reality of supply & demand.

I bought mine. I'm probably spending close to $10K on this trip, this is just another mosquito bite I have to endure.

WARNING:  I just found this out the hard way by doing what I should have done first and reading the "Canada RED+GOLD" thread that's just been started.  Apparently if you are already a Red+WHITE member there's going to be some code sent out so you get credited with your $50 that you already paid, and the upgrade to RED+GOLD will only cost $100.

Edited by umpiredice
Added the warning, too late for me but hopefully in time for others

13 hours ago, Neil R. said:

Maybe when the official email comes out that the gold tier is available, they'll have a discount code ready to apply at checkout that's equivalent to the cost of the white tier. I'm going to buy the gold tier, but I think I'll hold off until the email announcement comes in case that's how they do it.

This is exactly how they did it. The discount code in today's email worked perfectly. I'm glad I waited until today instead of signing up last night.

1 hour ago, Neil R. said:

This is exactly how they did it. The discount code in today's email worked perfectly. I'm glad I waited until today instead of signing up last night.

I sure didn’t. Did you get sent a new code after signing up for the Canada+Gold? In my email I have my specific code. I just want to clarify if the code I received will be recognized in the gold draw. 

7 hours ago, JamboAl said:

I'm with @theaub.  IMO, this is one of those where someone having paid for 4 years of Canada R&G will have a fair shot at WC tickets in 2026.  We are now in the era of pay now and for awhile for the right to pay much more in 4 years.   

EDIT: I'm not being negative...it's just the reality of supply & demand.

Or wait till 2025/2026 and then sign up for the CanadaRed+Black tier to get your fair shot at 2026 WC tickets.  There's nothing in the details that says it's going by the date you signed up for.  It's all weighted draw regardless when you sign up.

7 hours ago, TOCanada115 said:

Just curious, when the World Cup is here in Canada, will the Voyaguers be allotted tickets, or will all the tickets be through Canada Red + White?

Voyaguers won't be allocated for any tickets at all.  As in with all other WCs in the past as the countries' supporters have not got any.  Correct me if I am wrong.

38 minutes ago, umpiredice said:

Are we going to try to coordinate group ids to see if we can get seats near each other?

The supporter tickets don't let you do fine-tuned grouping like the earlier phases and there are no group IDs. The Supporter ticket holders will be seated together in each ticket category area so there isn't any work to be done there. But you can't try to sit near another ticket buyer.

Different from the general buys for team specific packages which had the group ID option, as those are not grouped together presumably.

5 hours ago, Redpunkfiddle said:

The supporter tickets don't let you do fine-tuned grouping like the earlier phases and there are no group IDs. The Supporter ticket holders will be seated together in each ticket category area so there isn't any work to be done there. But you can't try to sit near another ticket buyer.

Different from the general buys for team specific packages which had the group ID option, as those are not grouped together presumably.

Not true.  On my confirmation e-mail, there is the following:

image.png.7024b1daa586a276795fb7952246c7dd.png

This is the same group id I had in my original application, which was coordinated with anyone else who used the Voyageurs group codes.  There's also a note that I can change the group id code by editing my application.

I upgraded to red+gold, process was flawless (I emailed how do I upgrade?...they sent the 50$ code). I'm also supposed to get an exclusive Canada Soccer Gift Package ($50 Value) which takes the sting off a bit.

I also submitted my ticket application for the Belgium and Croatia games. Sh*t's getting real!

13 hours ago, umpiredice said:

This is the same group id I had in my original application, which was coordinated with anyone else who used the Voyageurs group codes.  There's also a note that I can change the group id code by editing my application.

This is the language in the FAQ. So either it is inaccurate, or your group ID code won't be in effect. I wouldn't be surprised if the site takes info and corrects it later- just like you can apply for more than 6 seats for a game but it will be denied later.

CAN I SPECIFY SEAT LOCATIONS OR REQUEST SEATS ADJACENT TO ANOTHER APPLICANT?

Tickets will be broken into three categories/price levels. The ticket application will give applicants the opportunity to choose which category or categories of tickets they prefer but will not allow any more specifics beyond this. FIFA does not offer the option to request adjacent seats to another group or purchaser.

13 hours ago, Cadeau said:

I upgraded to red+gold, process was flawless (I emailed how do I upgrade?...they sent the 50$ code). I'm also supposed to get an exclusive Canada Soccer Gift Package ($50 Value) which takes the sting off a bit.

I also submitted my ticket application for the Belgium and Croatia games. Sh*t's getting real!

Can you us know what the package contains? 

16 minutes ago, Lyners said:

Can you us know what the package contains? 

I dont know yet... Heres what the email said of what differs to Red+white:

• Premium Access to FIFA World Cup Ticket Allotment (highest priority in weighted random draw)*
  • Exclusive Canada Soccer Gift Package ($50 Value)
  • Access to CanadaRED+GOLD VIP Experiences
  • Premium Presale Access to National Team Home Match Tickets

17 hours ago, umpiredice said:

I think the other thing is that all the ppl who buy through Canada red etc will be grouped together by default, in each CAT (1,2,3).

The general FIFA buys, even team specific series, aren’t grouped together by default(at least from anything that’s been said)

You’d think team specific buys from the general buy would be clumped with the supporters, but we don’t know. Maybe they will in the end.

Then again, maybe not :)

4 hours ago, Redpunkfiddle said:

This is the language in the FAQ. So either it is inaccurate, or your group ID code won't be in effect. I wouldn't be surprised if the site takes info and corrects it later- just like you can apply for more than 6 seats for a game but it will be denied later.

CAN I SPECIFY SEAT LOCATIONS OR REQUEST SEATS ADJACENT TO ANOTHER APPLICANT?

Tickets will be broken into three categories/price levels. The ticket application will give applicants the opportunity to choose which category or categories of tickets they prefer but will not allow any more specifics beyond this. FIFA does not offer the option to request adjacent seats to another group or purchaser.

Doesn’t category refer to price level and not to whether it’s a supporter ticket or one through the general sale on the FIFA site.  So I think the request still stands but it’s a request so that to me means it might not be accommodated