All purpose ‘Going to Qatar’ thread

EJsens1

53 minutes ago, Shway said:

Will there be a dedicated supporters section? 
How can you just pick tickets and then a lot of us are somewhere else. 

I guess it doesn't hurt to submit? I have no clue how this shit works but I definitely want to be involved and not miss out.

It’s a good question that is really important to some.  For me, it’s get in the door with Canada and worry about where I’m sitting after.  If you were to apply for tickets this round and be. successful, your ticket location isn’t determined now, except for the Category you choose. I did read that in the FAQ section.  That will be sorted out later.  Maybe there will be an option for a supporter section. There is a number to call to contact FIFA ticketing.  I’m tempted to call to hopefully sort this issue out

13 hours ago, JamboAl said:

Until this window is over and seeing where we are at, no one in any capacity is willing to put a supporters section on an official agenda.  It’s both superstitious and would appear arrogant.  But if we are close after Feb 2, then the wheels might start turning on planning and communications.

Just heard on Price of Football podcast, 16% of tickets will be allocated to England for each of their matches. So, I assume that is the same for all other qualified countries.

It was also mentioned 1/3 of tickets are reserved for FIFA, family/friends & sponsors.

31 minutes ago, red card said:

Just heard on Price of Football podcast, 16% of tickets will be allocated to England for each of their matches. So, I assume that is the same for all other qualified countries.

It was also mentioned 1/3 of tickets are reserved for FIFA, family/friends & sponsors.

I think that's a pretty common formula for FIFA tournaments and UEFA club finals....33/33/33 split between association/participating teams/local fans.

I saw on the FAQ page it said that you can't cancel your tickets but can resell them on the FIFA page if you can't go. That combined with the strict rules regarding the main applicant vs. guest and being unable to transfer tickets etc. I'd assume it's a safe bet that there would be takers if you needed to sell them, but is anyone worried about that aspect? Really interested in going for a TST3 or 4 but worried about losing money if for whatever reason I wouldn't be able to make it later on.

8 hours ago, Approve My Account Pls said:

I saw on the FAQ page it said that you can't cancel your tickets but can resell them on the FIFA page if you can't go. That combined with the strict rules regarding the main applicant vs. guest and being unable to transfer tickets etc. I'd assume it's a safe bet that there would be takers if you needed to sell them, but is anyone worried about that aspect? Really interested in going for a TST3 or 4 but worried about losing money if for whatever reason I wouldn't be able to make it later on.

Unfortunately FIFA hasn’t released their resale policy yet.
 EF7E969C-BCC3-4D1B-A26F-4A807998D972.thumb.png.dc3476a85bdb3d38cedfcd59ec45ac69.png

“If you cannot attend a match, you may put all your tickets up for resale..”

A bit confusing.  Are they suggesting that if you are the main ticket holder and can’t go, you need to put all the tickets up for sale for a game, but if one of your guests can’t go you can put that one up for sale individually?  That’s pretty ridiculous if you ask me.

As a reference, we went to a bunch of games in ‘14.  I was the main applicant, but one of the guys had to leave early.  No issues selling the tickets back to FIFA.

I've been going back and forth between the TST 3 and the TST 4, and I've decided to apply for the TST 3.

As nice as it would be to potentially have a Round of 16 ticket confirmed this early, I'm not sure I want to be on the hook for a 4th ticket right now given the uncertainty around accommodation. I'm going to roll the dice on the Canada 3-pack and see if I can get in during this phase, since demand will likely increase once the draw is done and the groups are set.

Edited by Neil R.

11 hours ago, EJsens1 said:

Unfortunately FIFA hasn’t released their resale policy yet.
 EF7E969C-BCC3-4D1B-A26F-4A807998D972.thumb.png.dc3476a85bdb3d38cedfcd59ec45ac69.png

“If you cannot attend a match, you may put all your tickets up for resale..”

A bit confusing.  Are they suggesting that if you are the main ticket holder and can’t go, you need to put all the tickets up for sale for a game, but if one of your guests can’t go you can put that one up for sale individually?  That’s pretty ridiculous if you ask me.

As a reference, we went to a bunch of games in ‘14.  I was the main applicant, but one of the guys had to leave early.  No issues selling the tickets back to FIFA.

That is how I read it. I assume it’s to stop someone who has no intention of going to apply for a friend or family member to give them more hope off getting tickets; and then just transfer them if they get them. 

23 minutes ago, Neil R. said:

I've been going back and forth the past few days on the Canada TST 3 and the Canada TST 4. I'm going to apply for the TST 3. As nice as it would be to potentially have a Round of 16 ticket confirmed this early, I'm not sure I want to be on the hook for a 4th ticket right now given the uncertainty around accommodation. I'm going to roll the dice on the Canada 3-pack and see if I can get in before demand increases once the draw is done and the dates are known.

I can understand that.  Are you going yourself or with someone?  Either way, my approach is go for the TST 4.  Full stop, I’m not doing my application until after this window.  If you can’t stay that long or accommodations are an issue, you can always sell the ticket(s) back to FIFA.  One thing to keep in mind, once the second round starts, I would imagine there will be a big drop in fans in Qatar.  Assuming that is the case and you’ve gotten a place during the first round, maintaining a spot in the second round for accommodations should ease up.  I don’t know that for fact but based on the tournament having half the teams by that point, it’s not an unreasonable assertion

2 hours ago, EJsens1 said:

I can understand that.  Are you going yourself or with someone?  Either way, my approach is go for the TST 4.  Full stop, I’m not doing my application until after this window.  If you can’t stay that long or accommodations are an issue, you can always sell the ticket(s) back to FIFA.  One thing to keep in mind, once the second round starts, I would imagine there will be a big drop in fans in Qatar.  Assuming that is the case and you’ve gotten a place during the first round, maintaining a spot in the second round for accommodations should ease up.  I don’t know that for fact but based on the tournament having half the teams by that point, it’s not an unreasonable assertion

I'm probably going on my own, at least that's what I'm planning for right now. Everything you've posted here makes complete sense. I can see it playing out that way. It makes sense that accommodation could be easier to find once the first round is over.

My gut feeling is I'd like the clarity (to use a Herdman-ism) of knowing I have a hotel room in Doha for an extended period. If I can only get a hotel room for 4 or 5 nights in Doha and it's at the beginning of the group stage, I wouldn't keep the Round of 16 ticket, so I don't want to have to hope that someone buys it on the resale platform to get that money back. I think I'd rather wait and see if everything else works out first (including who advances beyond the group stage) before committing to the Round of 16 ticket.

On 12/30/2021 at 4:37 PM, EJsens1 said:

I wanted to start a discussion for those who are thinking of going/already decided they are going (assuming Covid isn’t restricting travel), where people can post info about tickets, accommodations, flights, etc.

I’ve seen some topics in the Voyageurs facebook group, but let’s have a more focused one here.  Of course for many a lot of this is contingent on Canada qualifying, but I assume some will go whether they do or not.  This isn’t a jinx either.  People need to plan a trip like this for various reasons where a lot of money is being spent.  I’m planning to go with at least 2 others.  So let’s get at it.

**Just before I post some information about it, I hope this thread doesn’t turn into a “I’ll never go to Qatar” or “a human rights issue” or whatever reason you may have against the hosts.  Those are valid concerns but the focus here is about travelling to and from Qatar, not whether they should be hosting or what they have done since being named hosts of the tournament.  My intention isn’t to marginalize that but I don’t want people to feel pressured, who are thinking of going, that what they are doing is something wrong. Let’s keep the commenting focused on the tournament off the field.

It’s widely known, by I have source at FIFA and he said expect the first round of information for ticketing to be released the second half of January.  The link below is the exact link for going through the tournament process for when you order. Keep your eyes on this link for the next month.  

https://www.fifa.com/tournaments/mens/worldcup/qatar2022/tickets

Here’s another option that you can utilize immediately.  You can pick your own package for games, including one that is just Canada games.  Lots of perks here, but pretty pricy.  A ticket starts at $950 US per game.  It guarantees you a or all Canada game(s) if money isn’t a concern.  Takes a couple minutes to navigate this part of ticketing but it’s pretty straight forward.

https://hospitality.fifa.com/2022/en/

Lastly on tickets, no idea if going through the CSA with the Voyageurs could be an option for the fan sections in the stadiums.  Higher ups here would have to let us know on that one.

Accommodations has become a big issue as their is a growing concern about hotels, apartments, cruise liners, etc and their availabilities, plus how much they will cost.  As others have said, the Qatari government has basically blocked access to getting a place to stay from early November through the end of the tournament.  You can register here with FIFA about your accommodations going forward.  What it actually does for you?  Not much detail about that.  It lists a bit of info about your options.

https://book.qatar2022.qa/?utm_source=qatar2022.qa&utm_medium=referral

I saw this article last week that talked about prices.  Now this site, no clue as to its credibility, so take it with a grain of salt for sure but if the prices they show here are accurate for hotels and other details pricing wise, this looks a lot better financially. 

https://www.archysport.com/2021/12/thats-what-the-hotels-at-the-qatar-world-cup-will-cost-surprising-prices-soccer/

“BamS has an exclusive letter from the Ministry of Commerce to the hotels in Qatar. In it: The fixed maximum price that the hostels are allowed to charge for a room – broken down by category.

From November 1st, around three weeks before the opening game of the tournament on November 21st, the following maximum prices per night per room may be charged:

★ 5-star luxury hotels: 2133 Qatari riyals (approx. 520 euros)

★ 4-star hotels: 482 riyals (approx. 117 euros)

★ 3-star hotels: 438 riyals (107 euros)

★ 2 and 1 star hotels: 296 riyals (72 euros)“

Therefore, around 60,000 private apartments and villas are also rented and several cruise ships are chartered, which are moored in the port and should offer accommodation for up to 10,000 fans. It is likely that these prices will also be capped.”

We shall see..

I’m not bothering with flights at this point.  Too far out.  I feel the priorities are tickets/accommodations.  

I hope others can add to this thread or make corrections on errors, and that we can help each other out.

Where did you find these prices?  And is there any confirmation these will be the prices during the World Cup?

Thanks 

Lee

Screenshot_20220131-000924_Chrome.jpg

Our foot is in the door practically. If we beat El Salvador, we can celebrate early and pop the bubbly. Book the plane tickets because we are practically there. So you can bet your bottom dollar that almost every single Canadian will be watching on Wednesday night especially when we face El Salvador. To think we also had Drake of all people watchin us.

21 hours ago, leekormish said:

Where did you find these prices?  And is there any confirmation these will be the prices during the World Cup?

Thanks 

Lee

Screenshot_20220131-000924_Chrome.jpg

It was in a link I posted right in the first post.  As I said I don’t know for certain what the prices will be.  I’m hoping they are in line with what is listed above.  Aside from getting a place, those prices are more than reasonable.

Sorry for the delay in response.  A few people were butt hurt around here because Eustaqiuo got Covid and the world was falling apart, thus this qualifying campaign too was doomed due to this thread being started..

18 minutes ago, An Observer said:

Done. Applied for 4 tickets for up to the round of 16.  Can’t wait.  Probably will apply for Belgium as well as they are my second team as figure with the venues so close I might as well follow some other sides.

Yeah we officially did it today too for 3 people.  Interesting how when you finalize your application, it allows you to choose the team you are cheering for after already choosing them for the TST 4 option we selected.  Strange. 

The other aspect it mentioned was the option to sit with a group of friends.  Everyone gets assigned a group number for their application.  If you know another applicants group number, you can enter their number with yours to try and sit together (ie. other Canadian fans/voyageurs).  As the instructions say, you have to be in the same seating category for this to work
15EF78CE-0B92-423D-AF7E-28C1DACE7A8B.thumb.jpeg.69ca96810149c339062b4fbe0765117f.jpeg

Obviously I blocked my number here. 

Edited by EJsens1

8 hours ago, EJsens1 said:

Yeah we officially did it today too for 3 people.  Interesting how when you finalize your application, it allows you to choose the team you are cheering for after already choosing them for the TST 4 option we selected.  Strange. 

The other aspect it mentioned was the option to sit with a group of friends.  Everyone gets assigned a group number for their application.  If you know another applicants group number, you can enter their number with yours to try and sit together (ie. other Canadian fans/voyageurs).  As the instructions say, you have to be in the same seating category for this to work
15EF78CE-0B92-423D-AF7E-28C1DACE7A8B.thumb.jpeg.69ca96810149c339062b4fbe0765117f.jpeg

Obviously I blocked my number here. 

Yep. I noticed that too. I thought it might be related to the fact you can apply for more than one teams matches (which I will do) so they might want to know which team you mainly support. 

Assuming Canada qualifies, I wonder how many of you are seriously going to make travel plans for Qatar to watch Canada play? But I wonder how many of our Canadian fans will be able to travel to Qatar to watch our team play given COVID restrictions all over the world case in point in Qatar?

I know a lot of Canada fans will probably want to do plane & hotel or some may even take trains from neighboring countries to come into Qatar.

11 minutes ago, dyslexic nam said:

Does it cost anything to apply? 

8 minutes ago, An Observer said:

Nope. You don’t even need to put your credit card details in

Exactly like @An Observersaid, nothing.  The earliest we’d know if we got tickets will be March 8th via email for this draw.  Once that happens you’ll have to do all your credit card details and payment process.

16 minutes ago, An Observer said:

Yep. I noticed that too. I thought it might be related to the fact you can apply for more than one teams matches (which I will do) so they might want to know which team you mainly support. 

I’m just planning on getting the Canada package (hopefully 🤞) and then when we get there, just using the FIFA resale platform to purchase extra tickets for games I’d like to go to. There will be a bunch of people in Europe who bail on individual games and just fly home early or have to leave, whatever the reason it will be.