All purpose ‘Going to Qatar’ thread

EJsens1

Woke up at 2:55am. Waited for 3:00am, and found the confusing link to buy at 3:03am. Sent to queue. Got to about 70% after an hour, when suddenly it dropped me back to 30%. I'm going back to bed.

On voyageurs site, and on bigsoccer, they are saying lots of TST's left for Canada and most nations. So hopefully others here have better luck than I do.

Hoping to get a ticket shortly although I'm not sure I'm going to be able to get time off work or not yet. Does anyone have experience with previous tournaments and re-sale tickets? As in will I have a good chance of getting my money back if I can't go?

41 minutes ago, maplebanana said:

Woke up at 2:55am. Waited for 3:00am, and found the confusing link to buy at 3:03am. Sent to queue. Got to about 70% after an hour, when suddenly it dropped me back to 30%. I'm going back to bed.

On voyageurs site, and on bigsoccer, they are saying lots of TST's left for Canada and most nations. So hopefully others here have better luck than I do.

As soon as I posted this my progress bar jumped back to 70%. Stuck it out and just got Canada TST3 Cat2! (Cat1 and Cat3 are sold out)

And yeah, the group ID's didn't work for me either for Cat2.

6 minutes ago, maplebanana said:

As soon as I posted this my progress bar jumped back to 70%. Stuck it out and just got Canada TST3 Cat2! (Cat1 and Cat3 are sold out)

And yeah, the group ID's didn't work for me either for Cat2.

Exact thing happened to me, waited it out and got TST 4 Cat 2

3 hours ago, mowe said:

I’m on a ticket buying page but it doesn’t give me the option of selecting by country. Only 1A, 1B etc.

Anyone know what I’m supposed to do?

I also just got in and am having the same problem..

Update: After numerous refreshes I got to the Canada TST page but said all packages were gone.. continuing trying to refresh but may be out of luck for this window

Edited by rvmoore95
New information available

But then there are other things to work out like plane ticket prices among other things but also hotel accommodations depending on how long you plan on staying in Qatar and also which matches you all are going to watch. But then there are other things in the country that they will be cracking down on obviously like alcohol. But of course naturally every country out of 32 is going to have their fans there and tailgating is pretty much inevitable especially at World Cups. But also hearing from the Qatari government, that they are going to be strict as hell on certain things.

Just got into the accommodations portal so I can see some prices for those interested.

Cruise Ships:

Cheaper cruise ship (MSC Poesia) has inside/no window rooms for $211 USD/night (next cheapest is $525/night)

More expensive ship (MSC World Europa) - inside room for $379 USD/night, balcony room for $671/night

Hotels: none listed yet

Fan villages: none listed yet

Apartments & Villas: Huge variety, with cheapest being $84/night. But most of them are in the $300 range.

13 minutes ago, maplebanana said:

Just got into the accommodations portal so I can see some prices for those interested.

Cruise Ships:

Cheaper cruise ship (MSC Poesia) has inside/no window rooms for $211 USD/night (next cheapest is $525/night)

More expensive ship (MSC World Europa) - inside room for $379 USD/night, balcony room for $671/night

Hotels: none listed yet

Fan villages: none listed yet

Apartments & Villas: Huge variety, with cheapest being $84/night. But most of them are in the $300 range.

Are these prices per person or per room? 

Yeah you're looking at ~$125 USD per person per night for apartments.  Maybe around $100 for some of the cheaper ones.

As I was saying on the V's board, nothing really jumps out to me here as great value so I'm going to wait until the draw and see what the deal is.

e: there's also some giant villas that can sleep up to 12.  

Edited by theaub

I just got in through the queue and it shows TST3, TST7 as 'Currently unavailable' and TST4 doesn't even show up. Does that mean they're sold out and it's just accessible tickets left? What's the difference between 'Currently unavailable' and an option not existing?