All purpose ‘Going to Qatar’ thread

EJsens1

1 hour ago, dyslexic nam said:

Submitted an application.  No idea if Operation Wife-Bribe will be successful but this is a necessary precondition.

I think many of us will be in the same boat. My wife's opposition has started to show some cracks, but I don't know how this will turn out.

Could be a lot of middle aged men as single travelers out there. If that ends up being the case, we should all try to meet up in Qatar. You bring your lucky shirt, I'll eat the poutine, and we'll give Canada maximum juju. 

55 minutes ago, EJsens1 said:

I have to ask dyslexic man, as far as I know, there are only 3 categories for international fans to apply in for tickets. I assume when you tier, you mean category, so how did you get 4?  The category 4 is supposed to only be for people in Qatar.  I’m pretty sure on that.

sorry - yes, categories not tiers   And I meant Cat 3 not 4   

5 hours ago, Joe1973 said:

I might be naïve here but if 1/3 of stadium is allocated to the national team fans, I doubt there will be 10-15k Canadian fans applying in this first window. So odds of applicants like us getting seats will be pretty high, no? So I think all of us should be ok.

If they're approving so many applications from each country (which is what I hope they're doing in this phase), then that's my gut feeling as well. I think our chances are excellent. If it's a true random draw out of all the applications, then that's a different story. Hopefully the random draw part only comes in if the number of applications from a country exceed the number of tickets they've allocated for that country.

1 minute ago, Approve My Account Pls said:

Does anyone know if there's been any numbers published per category? I'd obviously prefer to go Cat 3 for financial reasons, but if my odds are much higher at Cat 2 then it's worth forking over the money in my eyes.

FF6C4946-1B86-448E-BF1B-238C42E44C4C.thumb.jpeg.c4bf332e6ce6e7fcc5ab449d4f4d0d77.jpeg

Here is the pricing into Cdn dollars

1 cdn dollar=2.92 qatar rial approximately 

If you want the Canada TST 3 games 

Cat 1- 2640 QR=$904 CDN

Cat 2- 1980 QR=$678 CDN

Cat 3- 825 QR=$282 CDN

If you want Canada TST 4 games 

Cat 1-3740 QR=$1280 CDN

Cat 2-2805 QR=$960 CDN

Cat 3-1210 QR=$414 CDN

Hope that helps!

2 minutes ago, Approve My Account Pls said:

Does anyone know if there's been any numbers published per category? I'd obviously prefer to go Cat 3 for financial reasons, but if my odds are much higher at Cat 2 then it's worth forking over the money in my eyes.

From my experience attending previous Euros, Cat 3 tickets are the highest demand and it's honestly because they aren't bad tickets. You could be sitting next to a Cat 2 ticket paying half what they paid. Some Cat 1 tickets are near the corner flag. Imagine shelling out that dough to sit in the corner and not even have the entire view of the pitch. Cat 2 will definitely have less demand than 3. If you apply for Cat 1 I'd say your chances of being successful are very high. 

1 minute ago, EJsens1 said:

FF6C4946-1B86-448E-BF1B-238C42E44C4C.thumb.jpeg.c4bf332e6ce6e7fcc5ab449d4f4d0d77.jpeg

Here is the pricing into Cdn dollars

1 cdn dollar=2.92 qatar rial approximately 

If you want the Canada TST 3 games 

Cat 1- 2640 QR=$904 CDN

Cat 2- 1980 QR=$678 CDN

Cat 3- 825 QR=$282 CDN

If you want Canada TST 4 games 

Cat 1-3740 QR=$1280 CDN

Cat 2-2805 QR=$960 CDN

Cat 3-1210 QR=$414 CDN

Hope that helps!

Sorry by numbers I meant actual ticket allocations! The images of the stadiums seemed to show far more Cat 2 than Cat 3 in terms of actual seats

6 minutes ago, Approve My Account Pls said:

I haven't seen anything on how many tickets are available in each category. I think all we have are the stadium diagrams to get a rough idea of how much space each category takes up.

https://www.fifa.com/tournaments/mens/worldcup/qatar2022/news/ticket-categories-fwc22

Just now, Approve My Account Pls said:

Sorry by numbers I meant actual ticket allocations! The images of the stadiums seemed to show far more Cat 2 than Cat 3 in terms of actual seats

I see..I’m not sure.  I have pics of each stadium seating chart in a sense to give you an idea how the categories are broken down, but not specifics.  Like I’ve said before, there’s one stadium at 80 grand, one at 60grans and the other six at 40 grand.  If you want me to send you a pm with all those pics to give you an idea, let me know.  I hope that answered your question.

4 minutes ago, EJsens1 said:

I see..I’m not sure.  I have pics of each stadium seating chart in a sense to give you an idea how the categories are broken down, but not specifics.  Like I’ve said before, there’s one stadium at 80 grand, one at 60grans and the other six at 40 grand.  If you want me to send you a pm with all those pics to give you an idea, let me know.  I hope that answered your question.

All good! Took a look at the graphics for each venue. I feel like a lot of fans will gravitate towards Cat3 without checking but wow there are very few seats given there

So if we faced a top ten team in the world what would be your starting eleven?

You have Borjan in goal

I tend to think Johnstone Vitoria and Adekugbe are locks on the back line.

Eustaquio is a lock in the mid field.  Buchanon on the wing.

Davies is a lock, but where do you play him?  I think that is an important decision.  Could he play in the center of the pitch more? does it depend on the opponent?

I think you have David and Larin up front, but you let both drop back to help defending.  Larin is excellent defending set pieces.

Who fills out the other spots?

Edited by B_Leaf

13 hours ago, B_Leaf said:

So if we faced a top ten team in the world what would be your starting eleven?

You have Borjan in goal

I tend to think Johnstone Vitoria and Adekugbe are locks on the back line.

Eustaquio is a lock in the mid field.  Buchanon on the wing.

Davies is a lock, but where do you play him?  I think that is an important decision.  Could he play in the center of the pitch more? does it depend on the opponent?

I think you have David and Larin up front, but you let both drop back to help defending.  Larin is excellent defending set pieces.

Who fills out the other spots?

Please don’t take this personally, but it would be good if we could limit the posts in this thread to info about travel and ticket logistics.  We have so many off-topic discussions in other parts of the forum that it sometimes makes it hard to find info - and this thread is focused on pretty important and useful info for people planning or considering traveling to Qatar.  

Really not trying to be a dick - I just think it would be cool to keep this one focused.  Plus there are spots (Road to Qatar?) where this would be more on-topic.   

1 hour ago, David Pinto said:

What happens if you buy tickets and travel plans fall through? 

Like you can’t go or weren’t able to get accommodations?

We just don’t know what the accommodations will be like at this point.  FIFA/Qatar have been pretty vague with that.  Some rumours floating around but nothing definitive.

If you are fortunate enough to get tickets through the lottery and then payment is processed, there are no refunds.  FIFA hasn’t released details on its resale ticket portal process yet.  In the past, the person who submitted the ticket application can sell tickets back to FIFA for each game respectively.  We did that for one game in ‘14.  I can’t recall if you sell it back, do they automatically buy it or do they go into the resale portal and you aren’t refunded the money until they are sold to someone else.