Discussion surrounding supporters section in Hamilton

Admin

Discussion surrounding supporters section in Hamilton  

100 members have voted

1. 1. Based on an estimated (not official at all) $50 price point. How many people will you bring to the most important game that will ever be played in in southern Ontario.

• 20+
    • 10+
    • 5+
    • 2+
    • I will only by a single

Ok, need some input here, or a reality check.  

This is internal to this forum. It is not a secret, but I don't want it on social media at this time. 

These last two WCQ at home, are, as far as I am concerned the last WCQ we will ever have in Canada.  That sounds crazy but it is not.  Next cycle will be 8 years away, and then it will be a 48 team WC.  We would have to have a total collapse of our system to be competing for 6/7 in our federation.   These will be last WCQ games that matter with this level of gravitas.  Full stop. 

Hamilton is small. 24K.  Since it is a football stadium there are no end zone stands.  As we expand our section, all we do is piss people off who will not be able to see part of the field.  The solution?  Take all of it. 

I am gauging our ability to take half of the entire lower bowl.  Almost 6k seats.  In order to convince, and we have to convince them I need to know people are going to step the fck up and buy tickets.  These tickets will not be cheap. We spent 14 years doing tickets manually so they were $15 and $20 ect.... so now is the time people have to put any price complaints aside. 

This is against the USA for a World Cup.  

You are bringing people to this game.  We may not even let people buy single tickets.  If you want a single ticket, buy it through TM elsewhere in the stadium. 

The price I have included in this poll is not an official price.   It is used a milestone to mark what impact you think it will have on bringing people out to the game. 

This is our opportunity to stand up and do something really special.  But it will take the help of every single one of you to make it happen. 

For travel planning purposes, can we assume Hamilton will be the venue and it's 100% a done deal?

---

Also, is that price point including all taxes and fees or will the actual ticket cost something like $64 in the end?

---

Assuming 6k for us out of 24k, how much do the Yanks get as an away section? 500 seats? 1k?

Edited by Olympique_de_Marseille

11 minutes ago, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

For travel planning purposes, can we assume Hamilton will be the venue and it's 100% a done deal?

---

Also, is that price point including all taxes and fees or will the actual ticket cost something like $64 in the end?

---

Assuming 6k for us out of 24k, how much do the Yanks get as an away section? 500 seats? 1k?

Fuck the Americans. Focus on us.  Does $64 really matter?    The $50 is there as a milestone, we don't know the price.

This is probably the last game like this ever.

People need to drive that home into their head.

14 minutes ago, admin said:

Fuck the Americans. Focus on us.  

I was just trying to get an idea of our relative presence in the stadium. Obviously for the #CanWNT match vs Germany there was no real away section.

Does $64 really matter?    The $50 is there as a milestone, we don't know the price.

Not to me, but it may to some, especially those with limited means who are local.

This is probably the last game like this ever.

What do you mean "like this"? Is this a hint about something happening in March 2022 against Jamaica? Are we truly expecting to be qualified for Qatar before that match is played?

----

What was the South End of BMO Field?

6000 tickets? 6000 sounds right for Hamilton given the nature of this match.

26 minutes ago, admin said:

This is internal to this forum. It is not a secret, but I don't want it on social media at this time. 

These last two WCQ at home, are, as far as I am concerned the last WCQ we will ever have in Canada.  That sounds crazy but it is not.  Next cycle will be 8 years away, and then it will be a 48 team WC.  We would have to have a total collapse of our system to be competing for 6/7 in our federation.   These will be last WCQ games that matter with this level of gravitas.  Full stop. 

Hamilton is small. 24K.  Since it is a football stadium there are no end zone stands.  As we expand our section, all we do is piss people off who will not be able to see part of the field.  The solution?  Take all of it. 

I am gauging our ability to take half of the entire lower bowl.  Almost 6k seats.  In order to convince, and we have to convince them I need to know people are going to step the fck up and buy tickets.  These tickets will not be cheap. We spent 14 years doing tickets manually so they were $15 and $20 ect.... so now is the time people have to put any price complaints aside. 

You are bringing people to this game.  We may not even let people buy single tickets.  If you want a single ticket, buy it through TM elsewhere in the stadium. 

The price I have included in this poll is not an official price.   It is used a milestone to mark what impact you think it will have on bringing people out to the game. 

This is our opportunity to stand up and do something really special.  But it will take the help of every single one of you to make it happen. 

For me a $50+ for a ticket to such a significant match in such a intimate setting is a no brainer. I have to be believe this will be a hot ticket even considering that it will be taking place on a cold January day. Canadian soccer has great momentum right now and who would not want to see two stars in Davies and David, who both succeeding on the world stage. With the growth of the game will come interest and thus demand for tickets. With demand the pricing will go up, this not the old days vs. the likes St. Lucia anymore (  :

For comparison the supporter tickets for the thee US WCQ in MLS stadiums had been $125 vs. Mexico. $99 vs. Jamaica and $75 vs. Costa Rica. The match against Canada in Nashville was $52. The Canada away section in the far reaches of the upper deck was $48. These prices were all in USD. 

3 minutes ago, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

I was just trying to get an idea of our relative presence in the stadium. Obviously for the #CanWNT match vs Germany there was no real away section.

Not to me, but it may to some, especially those with limited means who are local.

What do you mean "like this"? Is this a hint about something happening in March 2022 against Jamaica? Are we truly expecting to be qualified for Qatar before that match is played?

----

What was the South End of BMO Field?

6000 tickets? 6000 sounds right for Hamilton given the nature of this match.

The south end at BMO is about 3,500K. 

54 minutes ago, admin said:

What about Jamaica at home? 

22 minutes ago, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

I don't understand how people can't see this.

In 14 years the closest thing to this game was Nations League against the USA.

We have never played a high stakes game like this against a major opponent at BMO. 

My point is it will not happen again.  8 years till the next World Cup Qualifier.  When we do play, it will be a 48 team world cup.  Rate your excitement on a scale of 1 to 10 when 6 teams qualify from our federation.  

No game like this will happen again. 

To grasp what is at stake here....

If we only get allocate 1800 seats.... who gets them? 

We have more members than seats.   If we leave this wide open on TM the same way it was for Panama half the section will be on StubHub before lunch. 

If we take more sections, we are in for a fight with the highest priced tickets in the stadium by blocking their view. 

If we stick with the crap end zone sections, it will be lose lose all around. 

The only option is to go for it and take the whole lower stand. 

I agree with others here that this will be one of the biggest home games for a long time to come. And since I haven't been back east in a while, I have actually already booked airfare and a car rental from Jan. 25 to Feb. 1. I'm just waiting for confirmation from Canada about the game being in Hamilton. 

I'm bringing my girlfriend, a buddy, and potentially, his girlfriend to the game. So, it will be me, plus two others minimum. 

31 minutes ago, Cblake said:

For comparison the supporter tickets for the thee US WCQ in MLS stadiums had been $125 vs. Mexico. $99 vs. Jamaica and $75 vs. Costa Rica. The match against Canada in Nashville was $52. The Canada away section in the far reaches of the upper deck was $48. These prices were all in USD. 

Let's not do this.  They are ripping off their fans.  Those prices for a supporters section are gross.

Bad enough our association is charging 150 dollars for a shirt.  We shouldn't be pricing people out of attending matches.

Just now, ShralpShralpShral said:

Let's not do this.  They are ripping off their fans.  Those prices for a supporters section are gross.

Bad enough our association is charging 150 dollars for a shirt.  We shouldn't be pricing people out of attending matches.

Just to be clear,  I am talking about a price increase by changing our location. Not because Canada Soccer is ramping up the price. 

I had 9 in 115 against Panama, and have already had some new askers since I'm closer to Hamilton than Toronto, so my 10+ is probably around 10-12. I definitely don't mind the price point given the importance and increased demand. 

To everyone reading this, you're going to bitch and whine if you aren't amongst the 1800 sold. Jamie is trying to help us fix that problem, let's be reasonable. The $20 difference will be worth it when we fucking beat the USA.

1 hour ago, Cblake said:

The south end at BMO is about 3,500K. 

1) @admin was this the number of tickets we had vs Panama?

2) Will this match be Sunday afternoon or Sunday evening? I can get more people to come from Ottawa/Gatineau if they know they can be back at work on Monday morning. This is more important than price.

3) If we had 3500 for vs Panama, we will need at least 4500 for this USA match.

To answer your general question, yes we should claim a bigger section even if the price point per ticket is much higher.