Match Thread: Voyageurs Cup - Quarter-Final - Toronto FC v York United - September 22, 2021

I'm pumped for this game. I've got my ticket. Downloaded my vax receipt. York 9 jersey is clean. I'm ready to go. I think York United have a decent chance of winning this game (despite the legendary Gareth Wheeler saying it's impossible for York to beat TFC tomorrow). They also have a chance of losing by 3 or 4, but still.

22 hours ago, Kent said:

I'm pumped for this game. I've got my ticket. Downloaded my vax receipt. York 9 jersey is clean. I'm ready to go. I think York United have a decent chance of winning this game (despite the legendary Gareth Wheeler saying it's impossible for York to beat TFC tomorrow). They also have a chance of losing by 3 or 4, but still.

Idk where my seats are but I assume I’ll be wherever the York section is tonight. Based off form I’d say York are actually better right now but TFC could be extra motivated to win at least something this year. Just keep Soteldo isolated and we’re good lol. 

3 minutes ago, Ruffian said:

I think Perez said he is very close in a recent interview. But that means nothing.

It is going to be be one wet evening down at what will be a pretty empty BMO Field. It has been raining pretty much since last night. It is going to be one for the diehards, that is for sure. 

4 hours ago, narduch said:

Its going to be hilarious when Perez plays a bunch of kids and TFC loses because he thinks winning meaningless MLS matches is his path to getting the TFC gig full time

He said last week that the Voyageurs Cup, and returning to the Champions League is now the priority. Why would that have changed? ThoughI was surprised one of the pundits on OneSoccer on Monday, was saying that the chance of a York win was impossible.

4 hours ago, reggietfc said:

... tfc have to clean house.

With all the rain, it should be pretty clean. Might have to resod it again though.

Looking at the current radar, it's going to be quite heavy rain around 7 pm, and then continue.

There hasn't been much lightning so far, but looking at the lightning map, the increase of rain comes with a lightening storm. So expect delays.

And for those not used to BMO - umbrellas not allowed.

Edited by nfitz

19 minutes ago, Stryker911 said:

What's the chances of Toronto going above and beyond the Canadian player minimum?

I expect at least one of the Toronto teams will go above the minimum. :)

Toronto had 4 Canadians out last game, and another 3 on the bench. Probably would have had 5 or 6 if Akinola and Priso weren't injured. I don't see Mullins or Dwyer playing ahead of Akinola.

Has Bradley got his Canadian citizenship yet? Does Jim Brennan count?

Edited by nfitz

On 9/21/2021 at 3:02 PM, Kent said:

I'm pissed off/stressed out. Yesterday I got a tab open on my phone with my vax receipt on it. I thought I was good to go. I went to that tab a little while ago and boom, it's gone. Give us your health card information again, then "wait in line" while they make a PDF for me, then THIS!

image.png.15e7f7ddde3e348bd1ff587a992c7cad.png

Yeah sure, I'll try after midnight so I have it while I work from home tomorrow, not going anywhere. AAAAAAAAAARRRRRRGGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!