Match Thread: Voyageurs Cup - Quarter-Final - Toronto FC v York United - September 22, 2021

4 minutes ago, nfitz said:

By the time I came in, just after 10 AM, they were letting anyone at the Ex in for free. Just had to show my ticket to get into the Ex grounds.

Had to go find an article about the match. Was certainly a different experience. 

https://toronto.citynews.ca/2011/08/25/dallas-edges-toronto-fc-in-weather-delayed-concacaf-champions-league-game/

1 minute ago, rydermike said:

Second goal for TFC. He scored against Nashville in MLS in June. (He also had a wrongly called back goal against Leon in the CCL) 

Totally forgot about that one. That was the one that got credited to him a few weeks after the match. Patrick Mullins initially had it on the score sheet. 

13 minutes ago, Cblake said:

I was at that Dallas match, it was played at 10 am in the morning after the game was postponed because lightning and rain the night before. They just opened the gate and let people in if you showed your ticket from the night before or not. It was during the Ex. The south end sold pretty well to the SGs. I just think a lot of people simply choose not to come when they saw the weather. 

I was at the match the night before, it started out in the sun, there were warnings of severe weather moving in and they got it right, before the half the skies darkened and lightning started to flash, those of us still in the seats headed for the concourse as the rain began and the teams got called off the field! Fans were told to stay in the concourse for their own safety, we stood and watched an amazing light show with the Toronto skyline in the background!

1 minute ago, gator said:

I was at the match the night before, it started out in the sun, there were warnings of severe weather moving in and they got it right, before the half the skies darkened and lightning started to flash, those of us still in the seats headed for the concourse as the rain began and the teams got called off the field! Fans were told to stay in the concourse for their own safety, we stood and watched an amazing light show with the Toronto skyline in the background!

If I remember correctly they moved people into the food building and actually lined up TTC buses to take people over to Union. 

10 hours ago, Cblake said:

If I remember correctly they moved people into the food building and actually lined up TTC buses to take people over to Union. 

Ah, that's right. But then they closed the food building (at 11 pm?) at the usual time (the CNE was on), throwing us all out. I was on the south side, so I didn't see the buses, but had a dry spot under the awning, and waited it out until the 11:30 pm GO Train.

But even by 11:30 they hadn't officially cancelled the game. There were a handful of us there on the south side, including one of the players' partners - and even after 11 pm, the players in the locker room, thought they may be going back out to finish!