Match Thread: Voyageurs Cup - Quarter-Final - Toronto FC v York United - September 22, 2021

4 minutes ago, Gian-Luca said:

Crazy that it took an injury to Endoh - one of the least productive players in TFC history given all of his minutes since 2016 - to get Shaffelburg an opportunity under this coach.

I am so happy he finally got a chance, there were many on here saying he was too raw, couldn't cross, had no football smarts and he should be playing in the CPL!😀

11 minutes ago, gator said:

I am so happy he finally got a chance, there were many on here saying he was too raw, couldn't cross, had no football smarts and he should be playing in the CPL!😀

Many of us down here in Halifax have been saying if TFC doesn't want to give Shaffelburg time Wanderers would gladly give him minutes if they wish to loan him. Does't hurt to dream right?   lol

3, 651, the lowest announced attendance for TFC match at BMO Field in club history. Not surprising considering the weather but also this match was not priced to sell in any way. The cheap seats for general sale were over $30. Just looking at Ticketmaster showed that.

6 minutes ago, Cblake said:

3, 651, the lowest announced attendance for TFC match at BMO Field in club history.

There was a 2011 Champions League game against Dallas that was announced as 500, after a rain-out the evening before (which was also pretty empty).

6 minutes ago, Cblake said:

The cheap seats for general sale were over $30. Just looking at Ticketmaster showed that.

Season ticket holders could get (lots of) them at $17, including all taxes and fees. And with about 20,000 or so (before Covid at least), few of them did get them. I'm not sure how you can make it any cheaper.

3 minutes ago, nfitz said:

There was a 2011 Champions League game against Dallas that was announced as 500, after a rain-out the evening before (which was also pretty empty).

Season ticket holders could get (lots of) them at $17, including all taxes and fees. And with about 20,000 or so (before Covid at least), few of them did get them. I'm not sure how you can make it any cheaper.

I was at that Dallas match, it was played at 10 am in the morning after the game was postponed because lightning and rain the night before. They just opened the gate and let people in if you showed your ticket from the night before or not. It was during the Ex. The south end sold pretty well to the SGs. I just think a lot of people simply choose not to come when they saw the weather. 

Just now, Cblake said:

I was at that Dallas match, it was played at 10 am in the morning after the game was postponed because lightning and rain the night before. They just opened the gate and let people in if you showed your ticket from the night before or not. It was during the Ex. The south end sold pretty well to the SGs. I just think a lot of people simply choose not to come when they saw the weather. 

By the time I came in, just after 10 AM, they were letting anyone at the Ex in for free. Just had to show my ticket to get into the Ex grounds.