NCAA+ Canadians 2020

Big_M

2 hours ago, MM3/MM2/MM said:

Gloirie Amanda scores his 12th of the season in a loss to UCLA.  

Keeper Marc Kouadio gets the win allowing one goal for Dayton.

Trevor Martineau's goal slump continued as he failed to score in his 8th consecutive game (and last game of the season) after scoring in the first 2 games of the season.

Always good to see our boys doing well, surely a GA contract is coming.

6 hours ago, Bison44 said:

How can Vancouver not claim Amanda as a homegrown, ala Jay Chapman/TFC? He was with their youth side and played for WC2.    Anyone with knowledge of the MLS dark arts have any thoughts?

no idea, but I wonder if the homegrown rights to Russell-Rowe get moved, TFC is full.

3 hours ago, Dominic94 said:

no idea, but I wonder if the homegrown rights to Russell-Rowe get moved, TFC is full.

Amanda isn't eligible for a GA contract, he's a Senior and he's too old.  It's Whitecaps HG or someone will have to take a flyer on him as an international.  De'Andre Kerr's rights should be moved.

1 hour ago, Footyeh said:

Amanda isn't eligible for a GA contract, he's a Senior and he's too old.  It's Whitecaps HG or someone will have to take a flyer on him as an international.  De'Andre Kerr's rights should be moved.

Who’s De Andre Kerr ?

1 hour ago, Dominic94 said:

Who’s De Andre Kerr ?

https://www.citrustv.com/sports/on-the-bench/articles/deandre-kerr-is-the-future-for-syracuse-msoc-just-wait-and-see/

https://cuse.com/sports/mens-soccer/roster/deandre-kerr/19429

Syracuse has consistently had CDN in their soccer program damn near back to Bernier 20 years ago.  You should recognize Kerr from CDN U-17 teams.  if he catches fire he could be a GA pick (underclassman).  

1 hour ago, Bison44 said:

https://www.citrustv.com/sports/on-the-bench/articles/deandre-kerr-is-the-future-for-syracuse-msoc-just-wait-and-see/

Syracuse has consistently had CDN in their soccer program damn near back to Bernier 20 years ago.  You should recognize Kerr from CDN U-17 teams.  if he catches fire he could be a GA pick (underclassman).  

We drew Syracuse in preseason back in 2004 while they had 3 Canadian youth internationals (Asante, Peetoom, and Karim)

1 hour ago, Bison44 said:

They’re picking out of the Toronto area... i think we might continue to see a situation like Rowe and Buchanan where TFC is too crowded so another option has to be explored, or where TFC’s net misses or can’t catch X player.

lot of talent in that area

8 hours ago, Bison44 said:

He can't be GA candidate either as long as Toronto have his rights.  

9 minutes ago, Footyeh said:

He can't be GA candidate either as long as Toronto have his rights.  

However he could still sign a GA-like deal with TFC. I wonder what would happen If they didn’t want to sign him, but the league does.

Will MLS have to pay rights to TFC.?

1 minute ago, Shway said:

However he could still sign a GA-like deal with TFC. I wonder what would happen If they didn’t want to sign him, but the league does.

You can trade homegrown rights between teams

21 minutes ago, Shway said:

GA deals are only for players that are top underclassmen as voted on by all MLS teams prior to the draft.  Players from within MLS academies are ineligible.  

He's from TFC's academy, therefore the only deal he can sign is a Homegrown.  If Toronto doesn't want him, they can trade his HG rights to another team or make him wait until he's exhausted his 4 years of eligibility and try his luck in the draft... if its still around by then.

19 minutes ago, Yohan said:

You can trade homegrown rights between teams

I am aware of that. But it doesn’t explain what happens if the league wants to sign him to a GA deal, when TFC have his “rights”.

GA deals are given to junior or lower ncaa players, who have been seeked out by the league. 

1 minute ago, Footyeh said:

GA deals are only for players that are top underclassmen as voted on by all MLS teams prior to the draft.  Players from within MLS academies are ineligible.  

He's from TFC's academy, therefore the only deal he can sign is a Homegrown.  If Toronto doesn't want him, they can trade his HG rights to another team or make him wait until he's exhausted his 4 years of eligibility and try his luck in the draft... if its still around by then.

Thanks for that key point.

However each is able to give GA like contracts to top academy players - Ayo Akinola.

33 minutes ago, Aird25 said:

Whitecaps should sign him and loan him to Pacific or Edmonton for a season

If he’s demolishing like this I don’t think they too.

Their academy centres are starting to churn out players left right and Center, will be interesting to see what they do. Let’s not forget they’ve cast a Canada wide net, so will they play the kids or keep playing these random players from wherever ?

1 hour ago, Dominic94 said:

Their academy centres are starting to churn out players left right and Center, will be interesting to see what they do. Let’s not forget they’ve cast a Canada wide net, so will they play the kids or keep playing these random players from wherever ?

This seems to be contradictory. If he keeps doing well they won’t sign him, because their academy is producing players? Amanda was one of those academy players, but he had to go elsewhere to take the next step. He’s not a random player for the caps 

2 hours ago, Aird25 said:

This seems to be contradictory. If he keeps doing well they won’t sign him, because their academy is producing players? Amanda was one of those academy players, but he had to go elsewhere to take the next step. He’s not a random player for the caps 

I meant they won’t loan him. 

14 hours ago, Dominic94 said:

Make more sense Edmonton. Play with his brother / live with parents / former FCed academy