NCAA+ Canadians 2020

Big_M

Larin bagged 14g and was top 5 in the country and got 9g as a sophmore, was a GA pick, first overall and on from there.  Rapaso got 15, Buchanon 10g i think, but its a crap shoot eh, with the widely variable levels of play. However, Top drawer just came out with their updated player rankings, you'll recognize a lot of these kids from MLS academies.

Upperclassmen:  Amanda #1 Oregon, Heibert, #13 Miss ST, Jensen #24 Oakland, Oluaseyi #39, st johns, Mullings #80, FGCU.

Frehshmen:  Krakowiak #10 James madison (dual polish), Kerr #24 Syracuse, Cambridge #34 Portland, Russell-Rowe #41, Radivojsa #78 Notre dame.  

So overall we should see 2-3 CDN drafted again this year, with a couple guys in the running for All america teams.  

Not sure what to make of Amanda. His numbers are impressive but he's not exactly a spring chicken. He might want to consider leaving school and making the jump this year as his numbers will be even less impressive next year as a 23 year old senior going into a pro set up at 24. Can he really grow more in NCAA at this stage? Not likely.

Would it be possible to sign for a CPL club this offseason before deciding to return to school? He played in USL previously so it would seem possible but not sure about the intricacies. 

35 minutes ago, CanadaFan123 said:

Would it be possible to sign for a CPL club this offseason before deciding to return to school? He played in USL previously so it would seem possible but not sure about the intricacies. 

If he played in the CPL he could return to school but he couldn't play college soccer next year.  NCAA changed the rules a few years back to allow academy players to play pro and still be eligible for college soccer, but once they sign to an NCAA school they can't go back, so most would play PDL until they leave school.

1 hour ago, Bison44 said:

Larin bagged 14g and was top 5 in the country and got 9g as a sophmore, was a GA pick, first overall and on from there.  Rapaso got 15, Buchanon 10g i think, but its a crap shoot eh, with the widely variable levels of play. However, Top drawer just came out with their updated player rankings, you'll recognize a lot of these kids from MLS academies.

Upperclassmen:  Amanda #1 Oregon, Heibert, #13 Miss ST, Jensen #24 Oakland, Oluaseyi #39, st johns, Mullings #80, FGCU.

Frehshmen:  Krakowiak #10 James madison (dual polish), Kerr #24 Syracuse, Cambridge #34 Portland, Russell-Rowe #41, Radivojsa #78 Notre dame.  

So overall we should see 2-3 CDN drafted again this year, with a couple guys in the running for All america teams.  

So as of right now Amanda would be 1st pick according to them ? 

1 minute ago, Dominic94 said:

So as of right now Amanda would be 1st pick according to them ? 

NCAA doesnt let underclassmen enter draft early without being a GA pick.  He is not eligible to be a GA pick because of the academy/HG thing he has going on.  Top drawer rate him as the #1 player/prospect etc in college soccer now.  It seems like he can leave school, sign with VWC as a HG, or have them trade his MLS rights etc.  Or he can leave school and sign pro in Europe etc, or I guess even CPL.  The whole GA thing was to keep good underclassmen from just jumping to europe and avoiding MLS and the draft altogether eh??    Get the unaffiliated american/NCAA talent into the american/MLS league where the roster rules promote having american players. 

This is why the CPL/Usports partnership is so important.  Our guys can say F#ck the american system, goto school here, play in the CPL in the summer, return to school in the fall if they are good enough.  So maybe that keeps some of our kids that flock to NCAA in canada, good for our Usports (better teams/coaches/profile), maybe grow the game a bit more here.  

The Top Drawers ratings are out. No surprise who's at the top:

https://www.topdrawersoccer.com/college-soccer/college-national-top-100/men

National:

1. Gloire Amanda (F)
13. Kyle Hiebert (D/M)
25. Noah Jensen (M)
34. Tani Oluwaseyi (F)
80. O'Vonte Mullings (F)

https://www.topdrawersoccer.com/college/freshmentop100/?genderId=m&periodId=64&seasonId=2020&nopage=0

Freshmen:

19. Alex Krakowiak (M)
24. DeAndre Kerr (F)
34. Brandon Cambridge (M)
41. Jacen Russell-Rowe (F)
78. Matthew Radivojsa (M)

Edited by PopePouri

Wednesday April 14

Preston Popp scores his sixth of the season for #12 Charlotte.

Vancouver Whitecaps' draft pick Joel Harrison doesn't play as his Michigan team is eliminated in the Big Ten semi-finals by Jalen Watson's Penn State.

Maryland is eliminated by Indiana, Malcom Johnston plays, Russell-Rowe and Antoine don't.

• 2 weeks later...

The NCAA soccer bracket is out, saw this as I follow Amanda on Twitter. 32 teams starting this weekend, all being played in North Carolina I think.

His Oregon St are in, play Virginia Tech this Sunday. I don't think they expected to be invited as their record is not that great, they were borderline.

Hiebert's Missouri St also play Sunday. 

Others more expert will know who else is in the tournament.

On 4/12/2021 at 10:07 AM, CanadaFan123 said:

Not sure what to make of Amanda. His numbers are impressive but he's not exactly a spring chicken. He might want to consider leaving school and making the jump this year as his numbers will be even less impressive next year as a 23 year old senior going into a pro set up at 24. Can he really grow more in NCAA at this stage? Not likely.

Time to go trial in Europe.

Jacen Russell-Rowe with Maryland. Forward 32 minutes in a 2-1 loss

Malcolm Johnston with Maryland. Midfield 90 minutes in a 2-1 loss

Jalen Watson with Penn State. Defender 87 minutes in a 4-1 victory

Preston Popp with Charlotte.  Forward 110 minutes in a loss on kicks

Alex Krakowiak with James Madison. 77 minutes in a 2-1 loss

Malik Henry with North Carolina. DNP in a win on kicks

Brock Lindow  with Kentucky. Forward 65 minutes in a 2-0 victory

Kyle Hiebert with Missouri St .  Defender 90 minutes in a 2-1 victory

Gloire Amanda with Oregon St. Forward 100 minutes in a 2-1 loss

Edited by MM3/MM2/MM

Nathan Dos Santos with Marshall. Defender 110 minutes in a win on kicks

Jalen Watson with Penn State. Defender 32 minutes in a 3-2 loss 

Malik Henry with North Carolina.  DNP, in a 1-0 victory

Brock Lindow  with Kentucky. 61 minutes and scores in a 2-1 loss.  

Kyle Hiebert with Missouri St .  Defender 90 minutes in a 2-0 loss

Edited by MM3/MM2/MM

• 2 weeks later...
18 minutes ago, jordan said:

Gloire Amanda won the MAC Hermann

That's amazing. I remember what seems like ages ago he was a top prospect kn the Csps residency. He was in the same class as Phonzie me thinks but anyways

Good on him

2 hours ago, Shway said:

Might be one of the rare times I would be okay with seeing an NCAA player in the Gold Cup squad.

There’s the stereotypical voyageurs post we know and love.

Lets be real though. Look at the plethora of talent we have. Players need to be making an impact at the pro level to be called. Gloire isn’t a Larin/Morris level prospect .. he’s an overage college player that dominated weak opposition. He’s closer to Daniel Haber than Cyle Larin in my mind.

23 minutes ago, CanadaFan123 said:

There’s the stereotypical voyageurs post we know and love.

Lets be real though. Look at the plethora of talent we have. Players need to be making an impact at the pro level to be called. Gloire isn’t a Larin/Morris level prospect .. he’s an overage college player that dominated weak opposition. He’s closer to Daniel Haber than Cyle Larin in my mind.

I guess when he’s drafted in the top 3 next year, he’ll then be worthy?

But you’re right, I haven’t watched him to warrant me backing him. I just believe If we’re going to turn over every stone, then we should do our due diligence.

Problem is, we don’t have much strikers/ number 9s performing outside the guys in our best 16. 

And like I said before I see the gold cup squad being a a B-/C squad - I hope I’m surprised.