NCAA+ Canadians 2020

Big_M

46 minutes ago, CanadaFan123 said:

There’s the stereotypical voyageurs post we know and love.

Lets be real though. Look at the plethora of talent we have. Players need to be making an impact at the pro level to be called. Gloire isn’t a Larin/Morris level prospect .. he’s an overage college player that dominated weak opposition. He’s closer to Daniel Haber than Cyle Larin in my mind.

Didnt Patrick Mullins win the MAC Hermann twice? And we all know how much people on this Board love him.

2 minutes ago, An Observer said:

Didnt Patrick Mullins win the MAC Hermann twice? And we all know how much people on this Board love him.

I don't admire Mullins' game (and get angry when he is given more playing time than more talented players like Akinola), but he's carved out a decent MLS career. If Amanda can accomplish that in MLS then he could potentially receive several call-ups over time.

16 hours ago, An Observer said:

Teal Bunbury won this award also. More telling award for women as Sinclair & Buchanan have won it.

But Amanda's story line is similar to Davies. His parents left DRC because of a civil war. Born in a refugee camp in Tanzania. Moved to Canada at 10, Played with various Edmonton football clubs - including I believe at one time with Davies. Went to Whitecaps.

MARSHALL TAKES IT...NATIONAL CHAMPS UNBELIEVABLE...CONGRATS TO DOSSANTOS...former tfc, woodbridge strikers, sigma, seattle sounders, duquesne

Born April 11, 1999 … Chose to transfer to Marshall because, “of the players and coaches that make up this program. Here, I have the opportunity to train with some of the best players in the country and work with a great coaching staff. Together we have the ability to compete for a National Championship.”

and yes thats done

11 hours ago, Ruffian said:

Won't the Whitecaps be able to claim him as a homegrown like TFC did to Chapman?

I am a bit confused about the draft now. I am assuming with the switch to spring, all the players who played this year will have to play in the fall season in the NCAA and wait for next year’s draft?  Is that correct?  And would that apply to a Homegrown like Gloire

1 hour ago, An Observer said:

I am a bit confused about the draft now. I am assuming with the switch to spring, all the players who played this year will have to play in the fall season in the NCAA and wait for next year’s draft?  Is that correct?  And would that apply to a Homegrown like Gloire

Homegrown eligible players can make the jump at any time, they don't have to wait for the draft.  And yes the spring season basically replaced the fall season, so part of the 2020 eligibility.

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/27/2021 at 10:51 PM, CanadaFan123 said:

There’s the stereotypical voyageurs post we know and love.

Lets be real though. Look at the plethora of talent we have. Players need to be making an impact at the pro level to be called. Gloire isn’t a Larin/Morris level prospect .. he’s an overage college player that dominated weak opposition. He’s closer to Daniel Haber than Cyle Larin in my mind.

I think it has more to do with even though it wasn’t that long ago when Larin was in the NCAA and got called up to the national team , our player pool has changed so much where calling a guy from the NCAA with no decent level pro experience would make no sense and would seem a bit ridiculous.