NCAA+ Canadians 2020

Big_M

Cameron Shaw made his debut with Siena College going 87 minutes in a 0-1 loss, a 2001 he played 9 minutes with the Ottawa Fury in 2019.  Also with the the team is Junior Kone from the Ottawa area, I probably refereed games with these two as I have done games for their high school teams in 2018 and 2019.

Jacen Russell-Rowe started for Maryland and Vancouver Whitecaps draft pick Joel Harrison started for Michigan.

22 minutes ago, bfque8 said:

a fairly strong PAC-12, but Oregon State are also #5 in the country so his stock might seem a little more inflated because of that - I'd put him a little closer to within the second round, personally.

Would the Whitecaps have first dibs to sign him as a Homegrown player?

I would think being one of the best players, on one of the best teams in one of the best NCAA leagues would raise your stock?

Edited by MM3/MM2/MM

1 hour ago, bfque8 said:

a fairly strong PAC-12, but Oregon State are also #5 in the country so his stock might seem a little more inflated because of that - I'd put him a little closer to within the second round, personally.

Only the 2nd with numbers like that ?

1 hour ago, bfque8 said:

But are they #5 in the country because of his offensive proficiency?

59 minutes ago, MM3/MM2/MM said:

Would the Whitecaps have first dibs to sign him as a Homegrown player?

I would think being one of the best players, on one of the best teams in one of the best NCAA leagues would raise your stock?

10 minutes ago, Dominic94 said:

Only the 2nd with numbers like that ?

8 minutes ago, Ivan said:

But are they #5 in the country because of his offensive proficiency?

him being as good as he is right now certainly helps with pushing OState's stock up in the coaches polls for sure, but to me, the MLS SuperDraft still end up being magic beans past the GA class selections. "Second round" was a misnomer/something I'll clarify on by saying that what I meant by it was that I think he still goes "towards the second round" - ie. I don't see him being a top-10 pick, but I do still expect him to go in the first round - just that it'll be towards the middle/end of the round rather than being a pick right off the top. Can't forget that he's still only a year removed from a season where he only scored 2 in 13, which pales in comparison to his form this year plus the fact that outside of the NCAA, most of his CV is from his time in the PDL/USL2 in an age where more and more teams are looking at their academy setups and players that are already known to them.

Who knows though - I could be extremely wrong here come the end of the season. (lol)

11 hours ago, MM3/MM2/MM said:

Canadian U15 and U17NT keeper goes 110 minutes for Dayton allowing one goal (1-1), another Canadian Justyn Sandhu was the Keeper at the other end of the field for St. Bonaventure.

Gloirie Amanda had 2 goals and an assist for Oregon State.

Bontis?

11 hours ago, MM3/MM2/MM said:

Canadian U15 and U17NT keeper goes 110 minutes for Dayton allowing one goal (1-1), another Canadian Justyn Sandhu was the Keeper at the other end of the field for St. Bonaventure.

Gloirie Amanda had 2 goals and an assist for Oregon State.

That Oregon State highlight on Twitter said "...the first player in the nation to get to 10 goals this season!"

So Amanda is the leading scorer in NCAA Div 1.

• 2 weeks later...