2020 USports Draft Prospects

Pottsy3

WOOOOO!!!  Draft day is here.  I'm getting my war room ready.  Several mock drafts....tons of whiteboards, stats, rosters, video packages,  chips and beer.....Stephen Hart and Rob Gale on speed dial.  Who's going to be the next Beaston Ongaro, Oxner or Schaale???  We need help in Winnipeg, we better get a good CB.  

32 minutes ago, Bison44 said:

WOOOOO!!!  Draft day is here.  I'm getting my war room ready.  Several mock drafts....tons of whiteboards, stats, rosters, video packages,  chips and beer.....Stephen Hart and Rob Gale on speed dial.  Who's going to be the next Beaston Ongaro, Oxner or Schaale???  We need help in Winnipeg, we better get a good CB.  

Who is the Mike Mayock of U-Sports? 

Get on it Bison!

2 hours ago, youllneverwalkalone said:

Why on earth does the 2nd round snake back again? I mean soccer drafts are stupid, but at least do it right ffs.

Don’t mind the snake draft in this case. Soccer isn’t built through drafts so if HFX was planning on overtaking Forge through the draft they’re going to be in last place for a long time. Add in that they are all non-graduating players, so there is a good chance many go back to school. 

Is Cape Breton Canada’s answer to Akron?

The leagues presentation of the draft this year was miles ahead of what was done last year. Room to improve but well done. 

I’m excited for Y9’s selections. When does the season start? 

Kudos on the guy pretending that the picks were just coming in and he had to interupt for the announcment.  How did everyone feel about the french language content??  Its a start eh? They must read the threads.  Nice to see almost 800 people watching live even if it did have sort of a predetermined feel to it.  

For me I hope that some of the kids didnt get drafted because they already have deals in the works with teams.  Maybe Farmer has a full time contract with Valour....or else why would they go with another midfielder?? GRRR!  Anyways..I am super pumped that we will see a couple of these kids log 1500 min and maybe even score 10goals next season.  

26 minutes ago, mtlsab said:

Please, somebody explains me how come there was no Carabins players drafted?

Well, you have Edmonton and Pacific who just pick local players. Cavalry only takes players who are U21 eligible. So that leaves Valour, York 9, HFX and Forge to choose. I think Carabins have a lot of older players who might not need to go through USports Draft. Looking at USports players on the top 21 CPL prospects provided us, we have Pierre Lamothe and Ianis Abida. They'Re both older players, so the question is whether someone else wanted them