Match Thread - Apr 27th - Forge FC vs York 9

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Very proud of the whole match, except the reffing, which was garbage overall. 

I have to say I agree with a lot of Dunfield's assessment of players and play in general. He's quite judicious. 

For York9, have to give best players to Ingham and Aparicio.

For Forge, I'd say Borges, and Welshman also, not so much in scoring position but making plays up high. 

I think Brennan outcoached Smyrniotis, who maybe has to work on some positional and team aspects. I thought York9 were communicating better on the field, but in the end, Forge dominated most of the 2nd half, and some of their talent came to the fore, like Awuah. 

Just now, Kwar said:

Attendance was 17611.

underwhelming, after the marketing push and davey c's 25k comments, but not bad. curious what tfc's will be today. a drop for them today of like 3k would be a look good for the league

So early days, it just gets better from here as the battlefield experience comes.  Couple of thoughts.

Weather a factor.  Pity.

Both sides showing promise.  Will improver match to match and is going to be fun to watch.  Very encouraged.  Potential for some fluid football. 

Speaking of early days and getting into true match form three words.  Caught-in-possesion.  

Bekker may have cheated the hang man.  The league is making things up as they go along, that's clear, but whoah.  Matchday 1 it's a get out of jail free card.  Come the Fall Season that's going to the disciplinary commitee and a retro active yellow card IF YOU'RE LUCKY.

Borger MoTM.  Easily.  Ingham deserves a mention.  Welshman and Frano to.   

OneSoccer.  Impressed.  Quite impressed.  And it all gets better from here. 

Dunfield-Wheeler?  Jury is still out for me on that one. 

Archived