Montreal Impact 2019 Season

Grizzly

17 hours ago, Obinna said:

Fair enough on Taider. That's why I have seen him playing there recently then. With injuries, all the more reason to take the chance on a young winger though, no?

At the beginning of the season, I questioned them bringing him in, especially at the cost they did, but I never expected him to struggle like this.

Like you say, Urruti is working hard and does provide value despite the lack of goals. I am sure you watch the Impact more closely than I, so is it the case of missing chances, not getting chances, or both?

I'm not against it completely but we still have Okonkwo, Novillo, Browne, Choiniere, Bahiya and now Piatti coming back soon. We have a lot of options on the wing. 

He get's the chances time after time and squanders them, and like you said at his price (DP!) , you can go out there and get a legit striker. His finishing is literally a meme around the league. 

4 losses in a row. Latest article on TVA Sports is on full panic mode throwing the blame on many points: not having good scouts,  being the 8th biggest budget in MLS yet Saputo’s money being wasted on Novillo, Urruti, Camacho. Also saying the Impact are just the lower end of Bologna’s totem pole getting their hand me downs, and Garde losing the locker room etc. 

Hopefully Nacho gets in soon before it’s too late but considering Nacho was to leave at the end of the season MTL should’ve already had a plan to make up for the loss in goals. 

Just complacent. 

On 7/20/2019 at 7:20 PM, Blackdude said:

Harry Novillo is not an Impact player anymore. I never understood the salary given to him for a player who hadn't done anything. 

Never understood going out and getting him at any price, look at his career before coming here! I honestly wonder what the thought process was. 

On the Tabla thread FCB is reporting that Ballou has been loaned back to the Impact until Xmas. That is two players with FCB la Masia experience in a day!!

Bojan was one of those amazingly early starters for Barça, like when he was 16. He is very compact, and strong, and has a nose for goal. Probably not your lead striker but playing behind, or coming out of the midfield. Technically good in all respects and after his years in England, has that pace and fight along with the touch. Not a huge goal scorer, but could help. 

BTW he was born near Lleida, his father is Serbian and played lower tier, then coached, in Spain, and his mother is Catalan. 

Nice to see them adding exciting attacking talent but Attack isn' the problem here, it's the Defense. They are letting goals in so easy... 

And I know he has been solid in the past but Bush is just brutally getting hammered game after game. You'd practically want to put an end to his suffering as he's not inspiring confidence in the players in front of him at the moment at all. 

39 minutes ago, Big_M said:

Wilmer Cabrera?? You gotta be ******* kidding me..talk about taking the team backwards

yeah what the...

21 minutes ago, Ansem said:

Patrice Bernier is assistant coach now

Really like this though.

15 minutes ago, jonovision said:

Garde had a mostly talentless group in the thick of the playoff race. I'm confused.

And did he really? Even if so, the players brought in were the ones he wanted, and they failed to have an impact.