Grizzly

Montreal Impact 2019 Season

Shome came out after taking a knock, so he probably won't start against the fire this sunday, but I wonder if Bahiya, ZBG or Chionier will? 

On 4/11/2019 at 10:44 PM, Ruud said:

Goals have to come from somewhere though eh?  This life without Piatti was supposed to start next year - this injury sucks!

Maybe not ......

Posted (edited)
On 4/25/2019 at 3:01 PM, Chad_Impact said:

Honestly love what I've seen from Shome, ZBG, Bahiya and Choiniere. I would start Choiniere over Novillo any day and ZBG over Sagna right now as well. 

I think we should name them "Les Enfants"

Add Okwonkwo to the list.

Edited by mtlfan

Omar Browne talks juggling Gold Cup and Montreal Impact aspirations

"I would like to go to the Gold Cup, but I would like to stay in the club, to win a position here in the club and to sign me permanently, that's what I want to help my family," Browne told FutbolMLS's Ariel Judas this week.

The 25-year-old is probably in a good position to get the call for the Gold Cup for Panama, but he admitted he potentially has a bit of a dilemma.

"I'm here on loan, I'd like to earn a place and stay here," said the footballer. "The Gold Cup can help me, but I would like to stay here with my club so that I can sign one, two or three years, do you understand? Then, as I am not sure [I'll be staying] here, I want to demonstrate here first, and then think about the rest."

https://www.mlssoccer.com/post/2019/05/03/omar-browne-talks-juggling-gold-cup-and-montreal-impact-aspirations

Between TFC, CanPL and the Whitecaps (which I only watched the 1st half), I didn't get around to watching the game versus NYCFC.

How did ZGB do? I see he played (presumably at right back, as per usual), but I believe Impact have never dropped all 3 points when he has played, until now. Was he culpable for any of the goals? He has been exceptional for the other 3 games I watched him play in.

Didnt watch the game but Jackson got grilled here: https://viaupark.ca/2019/05/06/montreal-nycfc-trois-constats-sur-limpact-2/

Google translate: 

Jackson was a little short

A human tide claimed him, Bombardier Limoilou, the savior. And then, he was tenured. Unfortunately, it was not very convincing. On the one hand, it's true, Jackson had very few balloons. On the other hand, he was often a half-second late; in his calls, in his reactions, in anticipation. All that does not help to receive balloons. What's more, we saw him late in the duels, and even more so on the second balloons. In short, the reaction time was simply not there. At this level, it does not forgive unfortunately. Insufficient.